BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

It is 4000 not 8000.

• Performances and large events will be subject to limits though. For indoor events they can be at half capacity or 1,000 people, and outdoors they can be at half capacity or 4,000 people - whichever is lower. For large venues (at least 40,000 capacity) up to 10,000 will be allowed to attend.

There wont be any walk on option as it is amost certainly going to need proof of vaccination and testing.

Waggott won't be able to manage that on a match day if he already taxes walk ons due to unexpected pie demand.

4000 will be more than enough to cover demand anyway.

I thought the statement said: Large outdoor venues, such as seated football stadiums, would be allowed 10,000 or 25% of capacity whichever is lowest. Anyway it is all irrelevant as it will probably all change by next season.   

4 hours ago, rigger said:

I thought the statement said: Large outdoor venues, such as seated football stadiums, would be allowed 10,000 or 25% of capacity whichever is lowest. Anyway it is all irrelevant as it will probably all change by next season.   

10000 is for stadiums with a capacity over 40000,for the rest of us its 4000 or 25% of capacity whichever is lower,doesnt matter really as our season is over before it comes into effect.Unless we miraculously make the playoffs.

Edited by Darrenbot
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

I imagine there will be more than 4000 wanting a ST.

Widely reported that proof of vaccination and testing are likely to be conditions of entry for concerts and sports events.

If testing is necessary before each game. 4000 x 15 min lateral flow tests is 1000 hours so wont be happening at the turnstile.

Waggott will love it. Not a single pie wasted.

I was talking about this season. Nobody is going to buy a 2020/21 ST in May.

3 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

10000 is for stadiums with a capacity over 40000,for the rest of us its 4000 or 25% of capacity whichever is lower,doesnt matter really as our season is over before it comes into effect.Unless we miraculously make the playoffs.

I cannot find any mention of 40,000 capacity. Just  mentions Hugh stadiums, but doesn't give a definition of what that is. It could effect us, in the fact that the rules may still apply next season. 

Edited by rigger

10 minutes ago, rigger said:

I cannot find any mention of 40,000 capacity. Just  mentions Hugh stadiums, but doesn't give a definition of what that is. It could effect us, in the fact that the rules may still apply next season. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/56151863
This one suggests Rovers will be just short of 8,000 (25% of capacity).

EEEDD60B-CE41-475A-B389-AE3EE5726054.thumb.jpeg.25ed63133d50ad375babb411a4c94c2a.jpeg

I’ve not seen a 40,000 requirement either. Sounds like a reverse engineering of the 25% rule.

7 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Are you reading properly ?

or 25%

whichever is lower.

4000 is lower than 7750

The rule is a 4000 limit but for grounds capacity below 4000 its 25%.

The 10K for grounds over 40K is on the BBC news website not on the footy site. Its for Spurs, West Ham, Wembley etc.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-52530518

Edited by OldEwoodBlue

2 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

only in your mind...not in the rules.

link added above. we are 31K so not large which starts at 40K.

I still cannot find any mention of 40,000 being a limit. perhaps it is just my limited internet skills. Anyway until Mowbray is gone I won't be attending.

15 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

8000 is not really that far off our normal attendance of 12.  66% of normal can watch the game live, I presume that covers season ticket holders?

Right now we only have 2500 Season Pass holders and zero Season Ticket holders.

20 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Thanks for the link. I would like to know where the BBC got their 40,000 figure from, I cannot see it on any government sites. The strange thing would be that 11 premier league teams have less than 40,000 capacity

Edited by rigger

2 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Looking at this a bit more the cynic in me sees this is really just to ensure there are 10K fans allowed in Wembley for the Euro games we are hosting. Wimbledon, Grand Prix, etc.

Also to allow Wembley to stage cup finals and play-offs with 10,000 in attendance. Can you imagine the price of those tickets.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

Also to allow Wembley to stage cup finals and play-offs with 10,000 in attendance. Can you imagine the price of those tickets.

Agreed... fortunately it won't be us worrying about paying. 

The 40K is also mentioned here but as you say not specifically mentioned in the government paper.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/02/22/boris-johnson-confirms-10000-spectators-to-be-allowed-inside-stadiums-from-may-14126261/

15 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Agreed... fortunately it won't be us worrying about paying. 

The 40K is also mentioned here but as you say not specifically mentioned in the government paper.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/02/22/boris-johnson-confirms-10000-spectators-to-be-allowed-inside-stadiums-from-may-14126261/

Not being funny, but that article says stadiums of less than 40,000 will be allowed 25% of capacity.