BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

People reading too much into this. The Twitter administrator has the birthdays of all Rovers players, including academy lads and ex players, saved in their calendar to wish happy birthday to.

They won't have saved the date for Mowbray's anniversary.

It really is that simple.

He's going nowhere. 

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Very odd, I thought there would be tributes flying round all over from Sharpe and the official site. I can only assume the club have decided that as we are failing miserably on the pitch that it isn't appropriate. 

I thought Waggott would have piped up. Is he dead?

The guy who plays him is too busy with work as a TV extra just now.

• Like 1

If we’d have won a few games in February instead of January, the TM celebratory memes would’ve been all over the club’s social media channels this week.

You know the ones! Eating a biscuit, that one when he talking about scoring a goal for his beloved Boro, that kind of thing...

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, JHRover said:

People reading too much into this. The Twitter administrator has the birthdays of all Rovers players, including academy lads and ex players, saved in their calendar to wish happy birthday to.

He's going nowhere. 

It feels like they have posted for his other...anniversaries though, did they? 

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It feels like they have posted for his other...anniversaries though, did they? 

They did for his 200th game in charge which was in a midst of a decent January. They aren’t posting anything because the tide has turned, so they know what the comments will (largely, Stability crew, aside) be like...

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Almost too reasonable. I wouldn't be yelling abuse at him, but I do feel its definitely time to go and most of those, in trying to be fair to him on things hd has achieved, fall far short of that. Having reunited fans and club to some extent, he and the team around him are driving a wedge between club and fans again. And that should not be allowed to happen

• Like 3

6 hours ago, rigger said:

I cannot find any mention of 40,000 capacity. Just  mentions Hugh stadiums, but doesn't give a definition of what that is. It could effect us, in the fact that the rules may still apply next season. 

Posted the link before i saw OEB's post so deleted it as not needed.

Edited by Darrenbot

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

He's going nowhere. 

Yep. How would the twitter admin know anymore than us?

2 hours ago, gumboots said:

Almost too reasonable. I wouldn't be yelling abuse at him, but I do feel its definitely time to go and most of those, in trying to be fair to him on things hd has achieved, fall far short of that. Having reunited fans and club to some extent, he and the team around him are driving a wedge between club and fans again. And that should not be allowed to happen

Yep. Never liked him much. Failed at Celtic and Coventry. Brought in his cronies. Semi-divided families Keanesque.  Now my brother falls out with me and his kid, who loved me giving Bowyer a piece of my mind at MK Dons a few years back and he walked soon after. Venkys divide families. I wonder how much stability they have at home with their crazy rich perspective on life without the key figure - their dad

• Like 3

“I sit with them sometimes, I know John wants more starts and wants to play, he’s a young lad and my job is to win football matches for the football club and at the same time develop the young talent."

From the horses mouth. Winning games is not the sole or main objective. Tail wagging the dog here sadly. 

• Like 2

That's what iv'e been thinking all along he sees himself as a development coach first and foremost. Hence all the messing about with the side constantly, it's been obvious for years.

So is there actual pressure from above to do this over assembling a strong settled side and having a real go. Or is this the slow build plan he's sold them and he's doing it off his own bat ?

Great comfort zone to be in because the ready make excuses are often valid. Been saying for ages a top 6 tilt is way down the list of real priorities here.  This seems very much Tony Mowbray and pals own football factory.

What's the real journey though, promotion or a well stocked squad to start breaking up for big money then go again ???

• Like 3

‘I talked about stats the other day didn't I last week? And one of those stats was we had the most touches in the opposition penalty area of anyone else in the league.’

Have I woken up in 2012?

-

‘Crooke - And I know you're not big on milestones but four years at a football club is a pretty big achievement, is there anything that stands out in your time as manager that you take great pride in? A proud memory or a favourite moment?’

Mowbray - No.

How petulant. Supposed professional football manager in his mid 50s. Either he’s on his way out or he really is just going through the motions - whatever it is isn’t good for the club.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

52 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

‘I talked about stats the other day didn't I last week? And one of those stats was we had the most touches in the opposition penalty area of anyone else in the league.’

Have I woken up in 2012?

-

‘Crooke - And I know you're not big on milestones but four years at a football club is a pretty big achievement, is there anything that stands out in your time as manager that you take great pride in? A proud memory or a favourite moment?’

Mowbray - No.

How petulant. Supposed professional football manager in his mid 50s. Either he’s on his way out or he really is just going through the motions - whatever it is isn’t good for the club.

All he said was no to that question? What an idiot.

59 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Have I woken up in 2012?

-

Mowbray - No.

The guy is really starting to grate now.

Maybe it’s deliberate.

Didn’t Bowyer once stick two fingers up at the BBE after a result?

Those who the gods intend to destroy they first make mad.

it`s looking and sounding like tony is under the cosh,always a sign that a manager is feeling it when he becomes tetchy with the press,he`ll be blaming the fans who are on social media big time soon instead of the hinting he`s doing at the moment,not long now tony,you`ll soon be back in smogland,i bet the players are sensing it,i can imagine a few of them whispering to each other "just lose another few games,he`ll be gone and we can start playing football again!"

• Like 1

The more I think about it, the more that ‘no’ embarrasses Mowbray. What a childish way to end an interview. Been here for years and that’s all he has to say?

Maybe he felt he had already answered the question with us having the most touches in the box. Something surely any manager would be proud of. Well not manager, St*ve Ke@n.

Another way of looking at could be the most touches required in the box per goal scored. All about the marketing I suppose.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

-

Mowbray - No.

That reads like a sulky response to me. It's clever though, as I think he will spin it in his favour if pushed on it further.

"How about the promotion from League 1, Tony?"

"You could say that, but listen, this club shouldn't find itself in League 1, our aim is to be back in the Premier League and we are working towards that".

Cue the 'top man, Tony' posts on twitter/facebook.