BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You would get any enjoyment out of random Man United fans taking an interest purely because we had Roy Keane as manager?

Things like that shouldnt be of any consideration, just like with someone like Gareth Ainsworth shouldnt be appointed or prioritised solely for being a Rovers fan. Although he would have more merit in general solely on the job he has done at Wycombe, whereas after Keane's initial success at Sunderland, it went downhill both there and his job at Ipswich was underwhelming. I am unsure if he has the ability to man manage modern day players personally.

And you dont need to offer an alternative, my point consistently is that it doesnt have to be someone from the same small pool of names, especially with the main experienced options being in employment at other clubs, and you dont need to necessarily have a suggestion of exactly who the potential new manager is, hence my examples of Ismael, Paunovic, Xisco, Farke and Frank as 5 names who nobody would have really heard of prior to their appointment, or indeed Cooper in the England youth setups.

Not random fans, a lot of my mates support United. Keane taking over would generate enormous interest here and elsewhere. I think it would be good. 

Or Keith Hill , who I also saw mentione Don here. I would say Ainsworth and Keane would both have strengths and weaknesses. Neither would be my first choice, unfortunately, they aren't available. 

I would like that too, but we have yet to make anything less than underwhelming managerial appointments since Big Sam was sacked. I highly doubt Waggott has started looking at such candidates or has instructed others to start. The .ore I think about it, the more I think it has Johnsons name all over it. I would prefer Keane over him. He could be his number 2! 

4 hours ago, Richard Oakley said:

I don't know as Keane would last past the first training session. Boy would I like to be a fly on the wall watching Keane's encounter with our good group of lads 'down the country club'. I'm sure I'd learn a whole bunch of words derived from the Irish gaelic. Would he bring his own hairdryers? Keane would certainly shake things up!

Now I would watch that on Netflix or Amazon prime 😂 

I would imagine there would be a more serious and results focused attitude from the players, at the start anyway! There is a high possibility he would fall out with some very quickly. The summer would be interesting. 

Please just resign with dignity. Has done a good job on the whole over the last 4 years and we have a really good squad. Need a fresh start with someone new, either an experienced type or Ainsworth. Not just because he's a Rovers fan but what he has done with Wycombe is remarkable

There can be no more excuses he has to be sacked or he walks. It is clear the players have lost respect for him, too many are being played out of position, formation wise no one knows where the hell they are supposed to be and defensively we are absolutely terrible.

Thank you and good bye

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, booth said:

Come on Tony, give us a break now this is dire and you know it. You can't organise the team, you've clearly forgotten everyone's best position and we're now down to 15th. Who knows where we'd be without that bright start.

Not to mention those flukey January wins! 

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead

We could be a lot better, especially if we played players in their correct positions.

But we don’t, so we aren’t. 

All of this is on the manager. It’s time that he cleared off, whether by walking away or being removed of his duties. I don’t care which at this point.

• Like 9

Performance manager - lose 0-1, 1-2, 2-3 he's happy because they aren't wallopings and he can roll out some faux stats about touches in the box.

Development manager - lose but happy a few kids have got another few mins and Everton and City will send him some biscuits for playing their kids.

We can see what he's trying to do here, progress isn't it.