BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

I, and I hope others, knew this point would come sooner or later. Investing everything into Mowbray's hands, just because he comes across as a nice man or did a decent job 3 years ago, was a disaster waiting to happen with this ownership.

We were always going to hit the buffers or unravel, because that's what all teams do sooner or later. 

Everything that has happened here has been on Mowbray's say-so or suggestion, not because the owners have suddenly changed their ways.

They still don't get what football manager is and how results and performances have always decided the position of a manager, not individual qualities or trust.

What a sorry, sorry, mess. We were always going to hit this point sooner or later.

Mowbray won't walk unless his position becomes untenable. That would only happen if we ended up like Coventry when he gave up there. As long as we're outside the bottom 3 he won't be under sufficient scrutiny to throw in the towel.

He's got the owners on side, just like Kean managed to do very quickly. We know how that works - go to India, have a few cups of tea at the bungalow, tell them how brilliant they are and ask them for some money and tell them you'll sort it all out without the need for them to do anything. The benefit is we get stability and money going into the transfer kitty but the downside is underachieving or failing managers being untouchable.

I had hoped this had changed with mystery man Pasha there to act as a buffer but it seems not.

Mowbray's not going to give this job up easily. Who can blame him. Its the best job he could hope for.

The onus shouldn't be on him to walk. It should be the club thanking him and parting ways in an orderly fashion.

• Like 7

Well they needed Shebby to root out and push out Kean, they even needed to parachute a consultant in to boot Coyle.

Can't do that now because this consultant works for the manager. It's going to be a long old Spring/Summer/Autumn

Maybe by the next midwinter slump something will occur.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

@chaddyroverswould you take Big Mick now and his brand of horrible, club re-invigorating,  promotion chasing football? 

We all have different ideas how we would play and what we like watching. 

Hes done an excellent job at Cardiff there tho think that squad suit him aswell. Fair play to him..

3 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

This season is no different to the last two. Big talk of the top 6, extended bad runs, poor performances. lots of excuses and then 'see you next season'. 

Nothings changed as far as I can see.  He's under no pressure. 

They might sack him in the summer, but more likely they'll extend his contract after Waggott vouches for the job he's doing. 

It’s different because it’s worse and now the penny has dropped for a lot more people, but yes other than that business as usual.

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We all have different ideas how we would play and what we like watching. 

Hes done an excellent job at Cardiff there tho think that squad suit him aswell. Fair play to him..

I don't like how we are playing and what I am watching. I think Mowbray and pundits are spinning our performances. They are poor and not easy on the eye, unless you are an opposition supporter. 

That's what Big Mick does. I'm sure the Cardiff fans are loving it. 

• Like 5

Second game in a row yesterday he's said that Armstrong has looked a Premier League player yet when he was playing better earlier in the season he said he wasn't ready for it yet. Seems to me as if there isn't much interest in Armstrong so Mowbray is trying to drum some up by talking him up.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

He won't sack his mate, unless told to by the owners. 

He won't actually have the power to sack him anyway.

As I've said elsewhere ad nauseam, there isnt anyone on the ground (sic) who has the authority to dislodge this gurning Teesside sheister. Unless he falls on his sword, he ain't going anywhere... 

giphy.gif

Edited by WIR Second Coming
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Have any supporters groups approached or contacted Waggot? How can he sit by and not act here? 

1. They are mates.

2. They’ll sack Waggott.

The only time Venkys have ever shown frustration and decisiveness is when an executive presented a negative view of the manager.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Coyle was sacked by Rovers mid afternoon around 3.30pm

Bowyer was sacked by Rovers in the evening just after 6pm if memory serves me correct. 

So either morning or late morning to them. Suppose it depends on how confused they are or whether Barry was having a party.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Second game in a row yesterday he's said that Armstrong has looked a Premier League player yet when he was playing better earlier in the season he said he wasn't ready for it yet. Seems to me as if there isn't much interest in Armstrong so Mowbray is trying to drum some up by talking him up.

My take on it was before he was trying to convince Armstrong he wasn't ready for the Prem and to sign a new contract. Now he knows Armstrong won't sign a new contract and so is trying to ramp up the price for the inevitable sale. 

• Like 4