BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

IF Mowbray is still in charge on Saturday, you can safely put your house on a Rovers' win.

Then we will get the soundbites:

• 'It's nice to be up and running again'
  • 'I said to the lads, just keep believing'
  • 'Let's see where this win takes us'

Again, IF Mowbray is still here, I guarantee we will have a storming end to the season and then it will be about what we'd have done without the injuries.

However, I think Mowbray's termination is being negotiated now.  I'd put it as high as 80%.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Meesh said:

I don't think the players' inconsistencies are necessarily down to themselves. Have we ever had a settled eleven for any given season under Mowbray? Have we ever had a settled formation and lineup? How can players be consistent when they're put in different positions from game to game?

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that a proportion of this is due to injuries, but Mowbray has certainly signed his fair share of crocks that came with warning signs beforehand. Trybull, Holtby, Ayala, Gladwin, Chapman, Davenport, etc. Let's also add Evans' contract extension in there. They ultimately end up as wasted wages, and I suspect most of those that I've just mentioned aren't on meagre pay.

The whole point of a manger is to manage. Mowbray seems quite aloof from that responsibility. "Well, I tell the players, but what can I do?". "We've had terrible injuries." "The players need to find some consistency." Not word for word quotes, but he has alluded to them all. To me, it smells of a manager pushing responsibility of management elsewhere. It's never a good sign when a manager comes out with those sentiments. They have to take full responsibility for preparation AND consequence. Mowbray is certainly never doing the latter, and only the owners will be able to see that he does. Lord help us.

Did the same in that bad run after we'd come back up basically saying the seniors call the shots in the dressing room.  Like he was just there to advise or something, said it a few times he's a crafty old soul.

43 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

I'm actually coming around to the Dave Carroll comment, I thought the problem was 100% the manager and coaching staff. I thought we had a pretty good squad just badly managed.  But now I'm of the opinion that we have a crap manager, a crap coaching staff, a crap board AND a crap squad. The players all flatter to deceive. If they're good they're not consistent. How many games have we seen this season when everyone's been at for 90 minutes.

JUST changing TM et al will be like firing your decorator because you're fed up with him painting every room black and white then hiring a new guy to discover you've only got black and white paint.

We need, IMO, to get a new management team and give them a budget. If we don't get new players I don't think we'll see much change.

Venky's, take your courage in both hands and make the change and also open your cheque book or you'll achieve nowt.

Except for Mowbray has had an OK budget and yet has bought all of the black and white paint. Yes we are stuck with the squad we have, but after 4 years that is 100% Mowbrays fault.

When Dave Carroll says you can't keep blaming the manager because the players aren't good enough of course you can. It's his squad. End of. 

And its Dave that needs a good slap for the comment that if Pep was in charge we would still be midtable. That implies Mowbray is doing as good a job as possible with the squad he has. That implies that playing Sam Gallagher wide right is the correct thing to do. That implies that dropping Nyambe for an 18 year old kid for his first ever senior start is a good idea. That implies having 5 strikers on the pitch with one at right back is a good idea. 

I'm sure the Welsh version of Dave Carrol said the same thing when Mick McCarthy was brought in to replace Neil Harris, and yet 6 consecutive wins laters they are sat in the top 6.

So the state of the current squad is 100% on Mowbray.

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, Mercer said:

IF Mowbray is still in charge on Saturday, you can safely put your house on a Rovers' win.

Again, IF Mowbray is still here, I guarantee we will have a storming end to the season and then it will be about what we'd have done without the injuries.

However, I think Mowbray's termination is being negotiated now.  I'd put it as high as 80%.

Regardless of whether rovers win on Saturday.  I want him out. Don't care even they win 4 on the bounce. The guy is useless 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Except for Mowbray has had an OK budget and yet has bought all of the black and white paint. Yes we are stuck with the squad we have, but after 4 years that is 100% Mowbrays fault.

When Dave Carroll says you can't keep blaming the manager because the players aren't good enough of course you can. It's his squad. End of. 

And its Dave that needs a good slap for the comment that if Pep was in charge we would still be midtable. That implies Mowbray is doing as good a job as possible with the squad he has. That implies that playing Sam Gallagher wide right is the correct thing to do. That implies that dropping Nyambe for an 18 year old kid for his first ever senior start is a good idea. That implies having 5 strikers on the pitch with one at right back is a good idea. 

I'm sure the Welsh version of Dave Carrol said the same thing when Mick McCarthy was brought in to replace Neil Harris, and yet 6 consecutive wins laters they are sat in the top 6.

So the state of the current squad is 100% on Mowbray.

Mowbray wasted £12m on inept players.

With that he could have overhauled the squad in every position and improved it. (Kaminski £500k) Instead he chose to waste it.

So yes it is all Mowbrays fault.

This team is good enough for top 6. It's impossible when Mowbray chops and changes the team every game and plays players in the wrong position. 

That's why we lack consistency.

So Dave Carroll in my opinion you are wrong my a large stretch. @Hasta I completely agree with you.

Edited by RoversClitheroe
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Here ye go... from 2.40 in - ruddy glorious!!

I remember it but I also remember going into School on the Monday after the game with such a great smile on my face

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Can you explain why you think this please?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why? 

Waggott hasn't the power to sack Mowbray. That decision is with the owners. 

I remember that game very much and the goals and the performance like it was 2 minutes ago. 

After the time and the financial backing from the owners in terms of wages and transfer fees Mowbray should have the squad for top 6 and the ability to change tactics to Plan B. 

with attitude like yours why don't we just give up? Might aswell 

Of Course the owners will know the score and what is going on at the club. These are experience business people.

It was mention on 606 on Saturday night with Savage and Sutton

https://twitter.com/5liveSport/status/1363207775103426560?s=20

With the attitude that the manager isnt going to be sacked, I may as well give up? Dont be so petulant.

There is no indication that they care or are seriously considering dismissing the manager so there is no point getting your hopes up. They have not even attending a game in years and years.

41 minutes ago, Mercer said:

When can we expect Alex Neil's appointment?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

With the attitude that the manager isnt going to be sacked, I may as well give up? Dont be so petulant.

There is no indication that they care or are seriously considering dismissing the manager so there is no point getting your hopes up. They have not even attending a game in years and years.

Thats your exactly attitude. 

Who knows what they are considering regarding the manager's future. They don't talk in public. 

Why does it matter that they havent attending a game in years since Appleton's first game. Plenty of owners are the same like Spurs owner Joe Lewis for example. 

Would they keep paying and funding the club if they didnt care? 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

This is the burning question.  Also, why do they seem content to keep flushing their money down the toilet whilst not paying attention and being so slow to react? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why does it matter that they havent attending a game in years since Appleton's first game. Plenty of owners are the same like Spurs owner Joe Lewis for example. 

First Joe Lewis is in his 80's and secondly Spurs have just built a state of the art 60,000+ capacity stadium. Meanwhile we are selling of the training ground for housing.

They quite clearly don't care the only reason they keep funding the club is pride and to save losing face.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Anyone with any connections at the club who has heard anything?

Surely something is happening after 5 losses on the spin and clearly missing our top six target with a quarter of the season still to go.... There will be some owner reaction surely?

Don't hold your breath... 😉

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, Dan said:

You may actually be correct! You don’t expect anything as sophisticated as sarcasm on the Facebook groups. 

This next one is being serious though! 

A0FDEF0E-9022-4898-8715-D453E4007758.jpeg

What an absolute whopper.

Displeased is an understatement. This guy used £10m+ of their money and half of that went on a player who has two left feet and is useless in the air despite being 6ft. 

The other is BB and I still have faith in him but I think he needs a better manager to play a tune.

This squad is capable of going up. I don’t buy that we have a poor squad. When we attack we can be phenomenal at times but there’s no organisation and we often find ourselves with 7 attackers not really knowing what they are supposed to do in defending or transition. 

Get the back right and our attackers will do the job for us. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dan said:

You may actually be correct! You don’t expect anything as sophisticated as sarcasm on the Facebook groups. 

This next one is being serious though! 

A0FDEF0E-9022-4898-8715-D453E4007758.jpeg

What a load of bull. 

4 years to assemble a squad and he gets a free pass. And the implication that no manager could do better. What the hell has he done to warrant such fanatical devotion? 

• Like 2