BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

56 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Change of that magnitude? 

Pardon the French but FUCKING HELL - they went through managers like nobodies business at one stage. 

Sacking Mowbray isn’t a change of huge magnitude if you have a stable board, a coaching structure, a plan and a replacement....

.....oh....I get it now. 

That's a huge part of the problem here especially with detached ownership. Any big football club should have a structure in place that allows for change with no more upheaval than is needed. Change is part and parcel of football.

No chance of that here when they get a guy they like they let them run it like a franchise.  And when it isn't like that there is nobody or a collection of dummies.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mercer said:

If I could find a bet on Mowbray NOT being in charge on Saturday then I would wager.

I think there is something brewing - as I posted earlier, 80% confidence in that.

He’ll get the weekend we will win and it will drag it out for another 6 weeks, with our run of fixtures that’s not great 

Nobody wants to want their team to lose. We'd all love to see Rovers win at the weekend and for that to trigger a great run. Realistically we know it won't happen so we find ourselves able to accept a loss as we feel we might be a bit closer to a change of manager but if we're honest that's unlikely to happen  too. What fun its been to be a Rovers fan since the Rao family rocked up

• Like 3

It’s mad. I looked back through my Twitter and at the back end of 2019 I was having discussions with fellow Rovers fans about whether Mowbray was the right man to take us forward, it’s now 2021. Criminal he’s managed to stay in charge this long. 

Edited by Butty
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Just checked the LT hoping to see a headline that he has gone.

Nothing. 

I do the same and use search engines to see if there's a whiff anywhere.

No doubt when if happens there'll be a new thread on this message board first so my first port of call is here.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

If I could find a bet on Mowbray NOT being in charge on Saturday then I would wager.

I think there is something brewing - as I posted earlier, 80% confidence in that.

I think if we was gona get the bullet before the weekend, it would have happened by now. Like others, I think he will  get at least the Cov game. Lose, maybe.. just maybe he goes. Anything else he'll get another few games taking us to the international break. If there are too many defeats in those games, that's when the axe could come. Even then I can still see him in charge next season. 

10 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

I think if we was gona get the bullet before the weekend, it would have happened by now. Like others, I think he will  get at least the Cov game. Lose, maybe.. just maybe he goes. Anything else he'll get another few games taking us to the international break. If there are too many defeats in those games, that's when the axe could come. Even then I can still see him in charge next season. 

Sadly, so can I. 

We are talking about the same owners that just stood by and watched K**n relegate us from the land of milk and honey because they liked him (probably the most unlikeable bloke on the planet to boot), they like Mowbray too by all accounts. I can't see them binning him unless we are in serious danger of relegation.

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

You're never right though mate, about anything, ever. Give it a rest will you, him leaving isn't something to give people false hope about. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

IF Mowbray is still in charge on Saturday, you can safely put your house on a Rovers' win.

Then we will get the soundbites:

• 'It's nice to be up and running again'
  • 'I said to the lads, just keep believing'
  • 'Let's see where this win takes us'

Again, IF Mowbray is still here, I guarantee we will have a storming end to the season and then it will be about what we'd have done without the injuries.

However, I think Mowbray's termination is being negotiated now.  I'd put it as high as 80%.

Just in case that fence gives you any trouble...

883DDC53-654F-4EEA-BD59-B8B2A999DE3F.jpeg.f7e236866774a52734325eca560b19c0.jpeg

1 hour ago, Lucimo said:

There would be something very poetic of a defeat to Coventry resulted in him walking away.

However, I suspect like one half of Mercer, that it will come down to his severance package.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

to be fair i thought he might be on his way, now seeing this put money down on him getting a new contract!