BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Have not been here for a couple of weeks as cannot stomach it but surely everyone is now in agreement he has to go (even Chaddy)? Worst run of form since relegation from the PL and the manager has now become a hypocrite by saying he wont leave until he is told to by the owners - pretty sure he said he would walk if he felt it was right for the club a few years back.

Scarey thing is we are losing half the squad at end of season - AA might be sold, tons out of contract (only kids and a player that may not ever get back to his previous level have signed on), Nyambe will be gone, Rothwell and even JRC have still not agreed to extensions, Holtby and Johnson and then all our loans going back.

Whoever comes in will have one big mess to clean up.

7 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

You can add Kaminski and Rothwell as good buys and he's brought on a bunch of young players through.  He also, and critically, gave the fans something to believe in after a the mad years.  Apart from that.....

‘Something to believe in after the mad years ’. Why, what has he done that Bowyer didn’t do?

• Like 1

That’s the interview managers give when they’ve run out of ideas and are pretty much asking for the sack and payoff.

Either he’s heard he’s on the verge or even he’s under the illusion that we are a normal club where bad results = sack.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, Southside Rover said:

Depends how you look at it. I get the negativity because of what has gone on before but they have stepped back and they have bank rolled the club through a pandemic with little income compared to a regular season but the players and staff still cost the same in wages and they have supported in strengthening all of which has been done with no definite end to all this and a return to normality. Why do we think Venkys should treat the club differently to any of their other interests. Is it right to make thousands of people redundant in India in favour of spending 600k on a left back? 

I personally am open minded to the proposal. Yes it's smaller, yes its selling off something that was state of the art 30 years ago but even the great Mr Walker would accept the need to modernise and move forward, its just a shame he isn't still here to over see it and make it happen as he had that trust and status which until the Venkys achieve something significant, most won't accept, some will never accept. If a new state of the art facility can be provided albeit smaller and generate funds its not the worse thing to happen. If Mr Walker was still about and made the same call it would be recieved completely the opposite way around. Yes it was his to do what he wanted with but people would see the positive in it.

Interesting perspective.

”I get the negativity but”

”Open minded about the proposal” [in which people who are already billionaires make more money - purpose unknown]

“Mr Walker” 🤔

If this is really about modernising Rovers then I will be hugely surprised. So far the downsizing proposals don’t appear to accommodate local planning issues, let alone ensuring Cat 1 status. The appear to be about freeing up valuable land.

What in particular about the proposals, and the way it was announced, gives you cause to be optimistic about this?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, yellowsubmarine said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19118986.tony-mowbray-doesnt-want-a-burden-rovers/

He's not leaving unless the Venkys tell him so. He wants his payout.

His interviews lately are so predictable -

• An style of football hes trying to get us playing (and proceeds to name drop Brentford, Swansea, Liverpool...)
  • The journey story and XX number of games into it
  • Injury issues (as if all those who are injured can walk into the first eleven - probably only Lenihan and Ayala)
  • Loss of form happens to every club blah blah...
  • Not his fault but if it is, Venkys have to tell him

Great isn't it,wont fall on his own sword and Venkys seem to have little interest in removing him.

What a crock of shyte..we are stuck with him.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, yellowsubmarine said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19118986.tony-mowbray-doesnt-want-a-burden-rovers/

He's not leaving unless the Venkys tell him so. He wants his payout.

His interviews lately are so predictable -

• An style of football hes trying to get us playing (and proceeds to name drop Brentford, Swansea, Liverpool...)
  • The journey story and XX number of games into it
  • Injury issues (as if all those who are injured can walk into the first eleven - probably only Lenihan and Ayala)
  • Loss of form happens to every club blah blah...
  • Not his fault but if it is, Venkys have to tell him

Life goals!

To be so rich that you can stop caring and dare your employers to sack you - knowing you get compo - all the while picking up a huge payslip.

Thankfully we are only 31 games into this journey [to be as good as Brentford] and four years is just a number and with no memorable moments or highlights (something we probably agree on tbf).

While Venkys are busy downgrading the physical legacy, Mowbray is busy downgrading the emotional one. Any prestige we had has been replaced with being a recently promoted League One side who are punching above their weight whenever we get into the top half - forget top flight! Maybe he still thinks he is at Coventry - hope he goes into the right dressing room on Saturday!

Ladies and gentlemen - the man of integrity...

Over to you Venkys.

• Like 5

W

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Doesn't want to be a Burden but he isn't walking, he's only a burden when the owners tell him he is.

So the idea he will walk can be put to bed.

What a genuinely pathetic piece of 'journalism' there from Sharpe.

'Poor Me' written in large sycophantic letters right through it, from start to finish.

Layers of 'I don't know what I'm doing any more' spelled out in gushing prose by the so called journalist.

'It's not my fault I'm here', 'I'm hostage to the whims of some faceless and disinterested bastards who are really responsible for this' set out in total and abject capitulation by the useless gurning twat.

And the worst insult he could possibly add to this shit-show? Yes, indeed, right there in black and white.. "I can't leave until someone upstairs tells me to go'

WHAT A FOOKING COWARD. WHAT A FOOKING COWARD. WHAT A FOOKING DISGRACE.

GET OUT NOW.

• Like 9

It’s largely a repeat of his post match presser. I assume it’s new however as he usually talks to the press on a Thursday before a Saturday fixture. ‘Burden’, ‘injuries’, ‘journey’. Perhaps ask him some new questions Rich because we’ve heard this guff a thousand times. 

Edit: Sharpe said he’s speaking with Mowbray today, these are sound bites from the post Watford match.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

• Backroom

Pathetic.

When it’s all rosy he comes out with the platitudes to show how decent a man he is, how he’d walk away before becoming a burden.

When pretty much all the fans are suggesting he is now a burden and he can’t hide from those comments it’s he’s only a burden if the owners say so.

• Like 1

He knows he's annoyed people now on top of the results being a disaster so now he's playing the self pitying card.  In between saying you'll have to pay me off cause i'm digging my heels in otherwise.

Don't worry loads are lapping it up, poor Tony what do our fans really want etc etc.

Most of these numptys with those comments clearly do not watch the team regularly. 

• Like 5

TM goes today, new manager wins his first game and said FB imbeciles will be praising the owners’ wise decision making and how though they ‘respected the job he did, it was definitely time for a change’.

Always the way, so best to ignore their claptrap.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

What I’m hearing is venkys aren’t too chuffed, would like a change in direction with regards to management but wagshit has told them if Tony goes so do I. They don’t have a contact in England ready to step into that role and they can’t run club from India so they have been stuck trying to sort that out. Don’t believe that will change until the summer unless something suddenly becomes available, waggot can be talked round to potting his mate or things get so dire they are willing to risk it. They are not currently sounding out replacements for that scenario. 
both mowbray and maggot don’t expect to be here start of next season , hence both have become a bit arsey. 
Is the current state of play. Without corona , I believe he would already have gone 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He knows he's annoyed people now on top of the results being a disaster so now he's playing the self pitying card.  In between saying you'll have to pay me off cause i'm digging my heels in otherwise.

Don't worry loads are lapping it up, poor Tony what do our fans really want etc etc.

Most of these numptys with those comments clearly do not watch the team regularly. 

The "injuries" one is grating me - as if we're the only club to have suffered from them and Covid. 
Lenihan - only been out a couple games
Williams - he wanted to ship off to Swansea pre-season and always has an injury in him
Ayala - Boro fans said he'd barely make 20 matches then bugger off post-Christmas. They were optimistic on both fronts!
Wharton - only got a chance because of the above, otherwise wouldn't have got a look in.
Trybull - very average player, doesn't play him much when he's fit
Holtby - makes Darren Anderton look as fit as a butchers dog. In and out of the side when fit too
Johnson - again, not a stranger to injuries and his form was horrendous pre-injury
Davenport - barely had a sniff, now he's a 'huge miss'
JRC - never seems to be able to string more than 5 games together before getting injured again.

Out of the above only Lenihan is a shoe in to start, with Ayala and Johnson being potentials.

• Like 4

The LET article today is both interesting, infuriating and also shows how confused Mowbray currently is. 

“I don’t want to be a burden on the club, if I’m the problem then that's no problem, the owners have to tell me.

“Other than that, I love the game, I've been here before, I'll keep going. 

Think this shows hes feeling the pressure, but also Waggot is absolutely useless and doesnt make any decisions. Why isn't it the job of the chairman to tell him hes a problem, not the owners who are located 5000 miles away. For my opinion Waggot should be immediately taken off the payroll if thats the case. 

Also shows that unless forced out by the owners he has no intention of resigning. 

he also praises ipswich for getting results by playing direct football....a U turn from the first part of the season. 

• Like 1

For what its worth i heard last week that both are going in the summer.

Trouble is the summer is a long way off with our results and position.

I still think Mowbray is under the misapprehension that our owners closely monitor results and are prepared to act when they aren't good enough and that means he's on thin ice.

I'm not sure that is true. Not now he's ensconced himself with the top dogs in India. They've shown before that they'll sit back and watch the club burn and fans rebel rather than remove someone they like.

And lets remember that Coyle got to wreak havoc until February 2017 despite sitting in the bottom 3 all season. They did nothing.

• Like 8

Comments most of this season have seemed aimed at placating the owners as much as the fans.  Owners who still clearly don't follow it closely enough to see there's been spoonfuls of bull to cover the flaws.

Flaws that have recurred here for years now, SILL no proper defense or back up after 4 frigging years. That's nowt to do with injuries as pointed out apart from Ayala it's the same lot who've proved they aren't up to it consistently.

The center pairing now is as bad as the one we ended up with in the relegation season at times.  Brown & Greer and an injury prone loan, too old/weak, now too young inexperienced and weak.

Damn good job those early season wins are still propping us up otherwise we'd be really in the mire.  Some journey this is.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

What I’m hearing is venkys aren’t too chuffed, would like a change in direction with regards to management but wagshit has told them if Tony goes so do I. They don’t have a contact in England ready to step into that role and they can’t run club from India so they have been stuck trying to sort that out. Don’t believe that will change until the summer unless something suddenly becomes available, waggot can be talked round to potting his mate or things get so dire they are willing to risk it. They are not currently sounding out replacements for that scenario. 
both mowbray and maggot don’t expect to be here start of next season , hence both have become a bit arsey. 
Is the current state of play. Without corona , I believe he would already have gone 

They could always, swallow their pride and ask Tom Finn to come back and sort the mess out.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Isn't that known as a Brucie Bonus?

How are these people so rich if they're not able to pounce on opportunities like this?!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

WTF is Burnley Bob doing these days?!! 

If any of those rumours are anywhere near the mark it's the tricky situation a lot of us predicted it might come to.  Allowing a manager so much power and surrounding himself with all his mates is great when things are going ok. Soon as they aren't and you want rid there can be huge problems.

Be easy to boot them now but such are these noble and honourable football people you've no idea how many nasty spiteful things they might do.  Some players might down tools ( not that it would make much difference ).  Others might begin plotting exits, possibly assisted by the departing cronies....

That's why it needs a real set up getting in place ready to step in, give everybody something to cling to.  Players need a reason to stay focused and a real aim for next season. 

And the club as it always has under these owners desperately needs a good honest set of football administrators.  Not agents or manager recommendations or part time corner shop chancers.  A proper set up with the right remit.

• Like 2