BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

What do “proper”, ambitious football clubs do? Do they hire managers because they might represent a steady hand, or someone who’ll not overpromise but do his best? Do they hire managers who might want five years to try to get things going on the field?

No, they don’t, not if they’re ambitious. There is only one reason why ambitious clubs hire managers and it’s to WIN games. Win games as quickly as possible. That might happen quickly or might take a bit longer, but that’s the only criteria top clubs work on. They certainly wouldn’t put up with this crap were currently getting from Mowbray.

You don’t need to be in the PL to be ambitious. You can be ambitious in the Blackburn and district league.

If Venkys aren’t ambitious, what are they doing here?

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

They never, ever learn and it’s cost them about a quarter of a billion quid.

Yep, the initial success of Mowbray and finding a CEO to go along with it was dropped on by shear chance. A line of duds supplied by the same agents and the law of averages meant one finally fit what was needed at the time.

Typically of them and their arrogance they probably thought finally 'this it it we've struck gold we knew we were right all along'.  Then just tossed everything over to these lot in a similar way they did to the rat and fat dancer.

They still just don't get it and now instead of just gently moving on this manager, then getting one with a bit of pedigree it's likely to turn into another long drawn out expensive circus. 

Gods know where it might end but fans will end up blaming fans again for sure. People back in the ground all vaccinated and ready to kick off with each other again no doubt.

Now if they actually got this right we could really go places.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

What I’m hearing is venkys aren’t too chuffed, would like a change in direction with regards to management but wagshit has told them if Tony goes so do I. They don’t have a contact in England ready to step into that role and they can’t run club from India so they have been stuck trying to sort that out. Don’t believe that will change until the summer unless something suddenly becomes available, waggot can be talked round to potting his mate or things get so dire they are willing to risk it. They are not currently sounding out replacements for that scenario. 
both mowbray and maggot don’t expect to be here start of next season , hence both have become a bit arsey. 
Is the current state of play. Without corona , I believe he would already have gone 

Ok, who are you hearing this from...?

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

What I’m hearing is venkys aren’t too chuffed, would like a change in direction with regards to management but wagshit has told them if Tony goes so do I. They don’t have a contact in England ready to step into that role and they can’t run club from India so they have been stuck trying to sort that out. Don’t believe that will change until the summer unless something suddenly becomes available, waggot can be talked round to potting his mate or things get so dire they are willing to risk it. They are not currently sounding out replacements for that scenario. 
both mowbray and maggot don’t expect to be here start of next season , hence both have become a bit arsey. 
Is the current state of play. Without corona , I believe he would already have gone 

Bonkers, but I bet that's pretty much it. Is Suhail not in the UK then?

12 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We're not a bloody charity, well we are, but we shouldn't be!. He should have been sacked two years ago (when he was patently out of his depth at Championship level) to avoid us being in the situation we're in now. Ditto twelve months ago and this season he should have gone in December to give us a chance of making the play offs this season.

All that has gone and you can't change the past but the next best thing would be to get a new man in now and allow him to have rest of the season to assess the squad, weed out the deadwood and rebuild in summer - as others have mentioned Souness had the chance to do.

Bollux to him having a ceremonial "lap of defeat" farewell tour whilst we lurch from one poor result to another and a dignified exit in the summer, far better managers than him have had to be dispensed with when things went sour, both here and at other Clubs.

The sad truth is that venkys ownership is a story of missed opportunities, bad decisions, wasted time and money and stagnation. The day they took over, hope, desire, optimism, that all died. 

If they do ever get rid of him, they'll hire some other waster and the whole story cycle will just keep on and on. 

Ten years of this so far, will it ever end? What on earth they get out of ruining a perfectly good football club to the extent that it takes millions just to keep it afloat at the level they've sunk it to, christ alone knows. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Let's not go overboard.

He signed Dack, got us out of League 1 and signed Armstrong permanently. That's about it.

Thereafter it's been extremely poor imo. Poor results and performances, poor transfer dealings, multiple contract extensions to the players that shouldn't have had them, even ones that had no prospect of playing, failing to tie the better players that did need extensions down etc etc. 

Hence why I said 'we all know the other side of the coin'. 

36 minutes ago, Fodentinklesthetadger said:

Good Morning,

Thought I would join in the tadger chew this morning,

So should the prodigy Dan Pike be unleashed this weekend against the mighty COV army.

In and Out

Sargent Tadge

(Jack Walker Warrior)

Perhaps Nyambe could be shifted to centre half to break up the teenagers Branthwaite - THB  at cb?

Hardly seems much point talking about tactics at this stage

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I sincerely hope that is true.

If Maggott has spoken to Pune in those terms he is a busted flush.

Dead man walking.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

He'll be remembered for getting us out of L1 at the first time of asking. Bigger clubs than us have spent many a long season down there. He'll also be remembered for establishing us back in mid table in the Championship and for signing some good players. 

We all know the other side of the coin and he has absolutely took us as far as he can IMO, but let's not rewrite history. He's been good for Rovers, he's just no good for us  anymore. 

who will we remember again ? i forget

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Simple.

Let Waggott go and Cheston holds the fort.

IMO, things are happening.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

If any of those rumours are anywhere near the mark it's the tricky situation a lot of us predicted it might come to.  Allowing a manager so much power and surrounding himself with all his mates is great when things are going ok. Soon as they aren't and you want rid there can be huge problems.

Be easy to boot them now but such are these noble and honourable football people you've no idea how many nasty spiteful things they might do.  Some players might down tools ( not that it would make much difference ).  Others might begin plotting exits, possibly assisted by the departing cronies....

That's why it needs a real set up getting in place ready to step in, give everybody something to cling to.  Players need a reason to stay focused and a real aim for next season. 

And the club as it always has under these owners desperately needs a good honest set of football administrators.  Not agents or manager recommendations or part time corner shop chancers.  A proper set up with the right remit.

some players may say thank fek he's gone were do i sign a new contract

14 minutes ago, yoda's brother said:

some players may say thank fek he's gone were do i sign a new contract

Yes that's one of the many upsides to it i think quite a few are now fed up with his cack handed methods. 

Like with a lot of fans though the nice guy tag goes a long way to over compensate.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

• Backroom

“I don’t want to be a burden on the club, if I’m the problem then that's no problem, the owners have to tell me.

“Other than that, I love the game, I've been here before, I'll keep going."

Last time you were 'here', you walked from Coventry! Repeat performance please.

• Like 3