BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 hour ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Get stuffed. More ITK horsepooh. About the same level of credibility as the orange one saying go inject yourself with bleach to kill covid, IMO

Get stuffed yourself man, why would I give you a name, not that it would make any difference as you wouldn’t know who he is. John smith there , happy?

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Still 80% that he isnt manager by 3pm tomorrow?

You never know!  Wasn't Kean sacked on the way to an away fixture on a Friday afternoon?

I think there's been quite a bit of 'activity' since Wednesday's match finished.  Posts from @Bbrovers2288suggest the same.

• Like 2

If Waggott has said if they sack Mowbray then he goes to, then the bloke is absolutely pathetic and clearly doesn't have the interests of the club at heart. That alone should see him get his marching orders.

Unbelievable situation Venkys have got into, when are they going to learn that they can't run a club from India and put a proper structure in place at the club?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

If Waggott has said if they sack Mowbray then he goes to, then the bloke is absolutely pathetic and clearly doesn't have the interests of the club at heart. That alone should see him get his marching orders.

Unbelievable situation Venkys have got into, when are they going to learn that they can't run a club from India and put a proper structure in place at the club?

Hang on, am I reading this correctly? The CEO, who must have it within his remit to dispense with the services of employees should it become necessary, including the manager, has effectively (allegedly) made a threat to quit if 'they' sack the manager?

I've heard it all now. Get these charlatans out of my club. The bloody lot of them. 

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

What I’m hearing is venkys aren’t too chuffed, would like a change in direction with regards to management but wagshit has told them if Tony goes so do I. They don’t have a contact in England ready to step into that role and they can’t run club from India so they have been stuck trying to sort that out. Don’t believe that will change until the summer unless something suddenly becomes available, waggot can be talked round to potting his mate or things get so dire they are willing to risk it. They are not currently sounding out replacements for that scenario. 
both mowbray and maggot don’t expect to be here start of next season , hence both have become a bit arsey. 
Is the current state of play. Without corona , I believe he would already have gone 

I find the part about Waggott hard to believe. That would be career suicide being that difficult with your bosses. Would turn a lot off. 

I would be surprised if something wasn't going on behind the scenes though. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Hang on, am I reading this correctly? The CEO, who must have it within his remit to dispense with the services of employees should it become necessary, including the manager, has effectively (allegedly) made a threat to quit if 'they' sack the manager?

I've heard it all now. Get these charlatans out of my club. The bloody lot of them. 

no idea if it's true, just what @Bbrovers2288 has heard on the grapevine.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

What I’m hearing is venkys aren’t too chuffed, would like a change in direction with regards to management but wagshit has told them if Tony goes so do I. They don’t have a contact in England ready to step into that role and they can’t run club from India so they have been stuck trying to sort that out. Don’t believe that will change until the summer unless something suddenly becomes available, waggot can be talked round to potting his mate or things get so dire they are willing to risk it. They are not currently sounding out replacements for that scenario. 
both mowbray and maggot don’t expect to be here start of next season , hence both have become a bit arsey. 
Is the current state of play. Without corona , I believe he would already have gone 

Thanks form sharing. 

I can't see Waggott telling Venkys he would quit. Remember what happened to Paul Hunt. 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

You never know!  Wasn't Kean sacked on the way to an away fixture on a Friday afternoon?

I think there's been quite a bit of 'activity' since Wednesday's match finished.  Posts from @Bbrovers2288suggest the same.

why do you think that? What do you think has happened so far?

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I find the part about Waggott hard to believe. That would be career suicide being that difficult with your bosses. Would turn a lot off. 

Venkys would rather waggot stayed and that may still happen but he is holding his own for his man mowbray 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

There is also a rumour that he is planning on retiring at the end of the season. If that one is true, he is probably just trying to keep his mate in the hot seat in hope he turns it round. 

If Waggot gets sacked, he'll get a nice pay off and retire a few months early, not sure he'll be that bothered.

Edited by davulsukur

10 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

This sounds wholly believable to me, did anyone really expect anything any different once Mowbray was allowed to recommend and appoint his own boss, a guy he'd worked with before? 

It's a complete conflict of interest and obviously they're going to protect each other's backs ferociously, you wouldn't expect anything else.

TBH after hearing Waggott attempt to explain the reasoning behind the Brockhall scheme, one with (according to him) no apparent advantages and only potential downside I'd far rather he went first before Mowbray.

At least a new CEO would deal with Mowbray at arm's length, as  it should be, and judge him on results.

And someone will be benefitting from the Brockhall scheme, it hasn't been thought up for no reason.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

This sounds wholly believable to me, did anyone really expect anything any different once Mowbray was allowed to recommend and appoint his own boss, a guy he'd worked with before? 

It's a complete conflict of interest and obviously they're going to protect each other's backs ferociously, you wouldn't expect anything else.

TBH after hearing Waggott attempt to explain the reasoning behind the Brockhall scheme, one with (according to him) no apparent advantages and only potential downside I'd far rather he went first before Mowbray.

At least a new CEO would deal with Mowbray at arm's length, as  it should be, and judge him on results.

And someone will be benefitting from the Brockhall scheme, it hasn't been thought up for no reason.

Absolutely right Rev.

The alarm bells were ringing when we heard that Waggott had allegedly said Mowbray is here until he decides to leave.

A CEO should not be personal friends with any manager. They have to be able to be objective. Football isn’t like a normal industry. Short term contracts are the norm, and players and managers come and go very quickly. They have to be able and prepared to have that conversation.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stuart said:

Interesting perspective.

”I get the negativity but”

”Open minded about the proposal” [in which people who are already billionaires make more money - purpose unknown]

“Mr Walker” 🤔

If this is really about modernising Rovers then I will be hugely surprised. So far the downsizing proposals don’t appear to accommodate local planning issues, let alone ensuring Cat 1 status. The appear to be about freeing up valuable land.

What in particular about the proposals, and the way it was announced, gives you cause to be optimistic about this?

Perhaps you haven't read today's interview or you are naturally anti change? Perhaps you still travel by horse and cart? Maybe even scribe messages into the rocks?

Please don't feel the need to question my optimism as some can see the positives and do have an element of trust. Its a proposal and yet you sound like someone who has just heard the club has folded.

Do we really believe the whole stability piece was just Mowbray? Do we think Waggott would come to a club in millions of pounds of debt and slipping into obscurity just to sell off some land for some houses? I think there would be much more attractive options than where the club was when they came in and more importantly where it was heading.

I wrote what I did last night and to me, today's interview only confirmed where my head was with a little more detail. A lot of what is talked about is what many clubs have done other than start fresh at a new ground and base which usually gets criticised as the history is lost etc.

3 minutes ago, Southside Rover said:

Perhaps you haven't read today's interview or you are naturally anti change? Perhaps you still travel by horse and cart? Maybe even scribe messages into the rocks?

Please don't feel the need to question my optimism as some can see the positives and do have an element of trust. Its a proposal and yet you sound like someone who has just heard the club has folded.

Do we really believe the whole stability piece was just Mowbray? Do we think Waggott would come to a club in millions of pounds of debt and slipping into obscurity just to sell off some land for some houses? I think there would be much more attractive options than where the club was when they came in and more importantly where it was heading.

I wrote what I did last night and to me, today's interview only confirmed where my head was with a little more detail. A lot of what is talked about is what many clubs have done other than start fresh at a new ground and base which usually gets criticised as the history is lost etc.

Is that you Steve ?

What are the advantages of the proposed scheme over what we currently have as outlined by you (sorry Waggott) today?

What were you (sorry Waggott) doing job wise when your (sorry Waggott's)  mate Tony recommended you (sorry Waggott) for the job?

There is not a shred of evidence to back up the rabid conjecture that is being suggested. Come on folks let’s get serious.

We know he needs to go, we know he won’t fall on his sword and we know he won’t accept any element of criticism or blame.

A man who needs replacing but who will no doubt find a way of surviving for a few more weeks!

He mentioned combining sites ‘like Everton’, ‘a manager being able to walk across to a youth team pitch’ and ‘state of the art’

All it takes, obviously, is a few sentences to get the gullible on board. Obviously negated to say how the footprint of Everton’s Finch Farm is far bigger than the JTC, or how Cat 1 required floodlights have been previously turned down or how there isn’t space for Cat 1 required classrooms,  but you know, ‘state of the art’, Waggott said, so let’s get those bulldozers ordered.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Southside Rover said:

Yet another “interesting” reply.

I don’t believe for one minute we are a stable club. I believe that stability is a complete veneer and made up as a defence for mediocrity. A platitude akin to “at least it’s not Kean”.

Sadly some fans have deluded themselves into believing that anyone at the club has anything but their own interests at heart.

I have to believe that you are not a local fan and are somewhat removed from the reality of watching your home town club be ripped apart by absolute charlatans. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are actually a Rovers fan - if a deluded one.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tom said:

https://t.co/UVv9VIOnYJ

Infuriating stuff, basically Stevey makes every excuse under the sun for Tony, poor Tony he’s had it tough.

Confirmation that he’s here until he sees fit to leave 

Well, I won’t step foot inside ewood again whilst them two are there. Granted I don’t go much anyway these days, was a ST holder, but haven’t been since venkys where here. I was contemplating coming back before covid, but now, no thanks.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tom said:

https://t.co/UVv9VIOnYJ

Infuriating stuff, basically Stevey makes every excuse under the sun for Tony, poor Tony he’s had it tough.

Confirmation that he’s here until he sees fit to leave 

Why is he constantly apologising? What does that do? He doesn’t manage the team, his job is to offer solutions for parts of the enterprise that are failing, a Chief Exec usually has the actual authority to stop the rot, not be a mere hostage to fortune with his hands in the air. Probably a module in his MBA that suggests ‘open and honest communication with customers, take responsibility etc.’

‘I don’t want to make excuses, but... pitch, Covid, locked training ground, takeaway food, injuries, weather ‘

Best bit, ‘started with great football, the weather was mild, pitches slick’... obviously new to the meteorological phenomenon called ‘seasons’.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3