BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

38 minutes ago, Southside Rover said:

Do we think Waggott would come to a club in millions of pounds of debt and slipping into obscurity just to sell off some land for some houses? I think there would be much more attractive options than where the club was when they came in and more importantly where it was heading.

What were his other options?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Why is he constantly apologising? What does that do? He doesn’t manage the team, his job is to offer solutions for parts of the enterprise that are failing, a Chief Exec usually has the actual authority to stop the rot, not be a mere hostage to fortune with his hands in the air. Probably a module in his MBA that suggests ‘open and honest communication with customers, take responsibility etc.’

‘I don’t want to make excuses, but... pitch, Covid, locked training ground, takeaway food, injuries, weather ‘

Best bit, ‘started with great football, the weather was mild, pitches slick’... obviously new to the meteorological phenomenon called ‘seasons’.

We have been a bit unlucky with injuries but that's part of the game and nobody forced him to sign an unreliable injury prone 29/30 year old CB who had barely played in 2020 and a  couple of 18 year old to play at CB when we have a 20 year old CB of our own we could have used.

Other than that the challenges presented by Covid have been the same for every Club. And most Clubs don't have the financial cushion of multi billionaire owners bailing them out.

Just covering his mate's back. A proper unbiased CEO would either have said nothing or admitted that results hadn't been good enough and left it at that. They certainly wouldn't be rolling out excuses for the manager.

• Like 2

It doesn't matter if I live in Torquay or Blackburn. I'm still a fan and a regular in the days we all could. Where I live has got nothing to do with me giving an opinion.

I am as frustrated as the rest in regards to Mowbray as I've shared so not sure why it makes me "Steve". You contradict yourselves.

My point is the club has stabilised from where it was, plenty of others besides me have commented on that but it's TM that gets the credit as he is the public face. I'm not saying its perfect and turned around but it's in a better state than it was. 

I work in a sector that's full of people who hate change and always want everything to stay the same, much like here. I've achieved a lot in my career but nearly always the change is greeted with resistance and negativity yet through the right involvement and communication I can get people on board and make each project or change a success. The communication ball's up last weekend hasn't helped but from a week on this forum its clear to me that the only thing me "Steve" lol or the owners can do is leave. No matter what they suggest or try will never be right or accepted.

I'm not deluded, I'm not gullible I just agree on the way forward given the limited resources, space etc to make that possible. 

Very little income for 12 months and the club announces these plans and strengthen both in the summer and with a little business in January. Where do we think the money comes from? Alternative is cash in on Armstrong maybe Dack if he finds form and then the daggers will be out for that. Its a similar mindset to a nation that expects a government to have a bottomless pit of cash to support everyone's needs but can never do right from wrong because the armchair keyboard warriors are Pep in disguise, CEO in the making, prime minister in the making. Truth is we know very little, next to nothing of what goes on and yet judge mostly in hindsight based on snippets and rumours. 

If I was Venkys and read some of the stuff on here, I'd pull out and see how long the club stood, hand it over to the fans and let these know all masters on here take the club into Europe. Forget Hughes and Bellamy, we've got Stuart and Wovers!!!

19 minutes ago, Southside Rover said:

Ask his wife. What kind of a question is that? No one on this forum would know or have any business knowing.

Could it not simply be waggott is a chancer who initially blagged his way into a £300,000 a year job through his mate wagga. Then since being at a rudderless football club on decent money, with no leadership from the top, he’s spotted an opportunity to further feather his nest by converting a category one football training ground/academy into a category one training ground/academy. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Could it not simply be waggott is a chancer who initially blagged his way into a £300,000 a year job through his mate wagga. Then since being at a rudderless football club on decent money, with no leadership from the top, he’s spotted an opportunity to further feather his nest by converting a category one football training ground/academy into a category one training ground/academy. 

If that's your opinion Matt, that's up to you. It's not mine based on some of the points made previously. 

Just seen an interview with Mowbray on Andy Bayes's twitter. Suddenly he's gone all Mr Motivator, passionate about the club, bigging us up as world famous Blackburn Rovers and how he's proud to manage us.

A complete u turn from the disrespectful shite he was peddling a couple of weeks ago. Looks like this is his Plan B to keep his job, he knows he's losing (lost) the fans and is on a charm offensive to woo back the weak and gullible (of which there are plenty). 

Shame he's got no Plan B on the pitch.

• Like 6

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Hate change? You’ll find we’d love things to change Southside, as we’ve watched the same shite on and off the pitch for a decade now...

Love change? They propose change and its ridiculed.

As I say I've been on here a week or so and it's toxic. If anyone offers any opinion or perspective from a different angle they are shot down.

I'll say again its a proposal, for me it makes some sense and I don't see much other choices in the world we live if we want to kick on. It needs to kick on on the pitch but it has to have foundations behind it, the same as Mr Walker did before. Again as I said before, Walker carried respect and trust heading in so its recieved positively and was replacing nothing really. No matter what is suggested unless they paid solely from their own pockets, it will be ridiculed. 

13 minutes ago, Southside Rover said:

As I say I've been on here a week or so and it's toxic. If anyone offers any opinion or perspective from a different angle they are shot down.

I'll say again its a proposal, for me it makes some sense and I don't see much other choices in the world we live if we want to kick on. It needs to kick on on the pitch but it has to have foundations behind it, the same as Mr Walker did before. Again as I said before, Walker carried respect and trust heading in so its recieved positively and was replacing nothing really. No matter what is suggested unless they paid solely from their own pockets, it will be ridiculed. 

Don’t buy this 30 years old antiquated training ground bullshit. It’s currently the highest category it can be. They’re making it sound like a dusty relic from the 1920s. But why? Ask the question who stands to earn out of this particularly as waggott is claiming any money generated will go into redeveloping the training ground. So nothing suggested will reduce debt or improved the playing side of things. When the stadium is crumbling, £200 million in debt, no defenders, why would you waste money on “improving” something to the same standard it already is. It’s illogical unless someone pushing it stands to earn out of it. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 4

Just now, Rogerb said:

It's a question of trust Southside there is little of that left. How do you feel about the potential loss of cat 1 status?

Of course it is about trust and clearly their is none from the majority. I'm in the minority I know that.

Losing cat 1 status would be a disaster but the club acknowledged that and I don't see that is the intention. I see a proposal that intends on retaining that status whilst generating funds and setting the club for the next 20 years by investing into the infrastructure. 

Time will tell, maybe I'll have to come back cap in hand, maybe I'll get some apologies when and if it happens and we know whether that trust was well placed or not.

11 minutes ago, Southside Rover said:

Its a "proposal' that has gone in for approval and if approved would be carried out.

At which point its too late to protest.

There are always choices. Venkys could choose to walk away from this nightmare and hand the Club over to Community Ownership debt-free.

They, however, seem to prefer the alternative of death by a thousand cuts.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Don’t buy this 30 years old antiquated training ground bullshit. It’s currently the highest category it can be. They’re making it sound like a dusty relic from the 1920s. But why? Ask the question who stands to earn out of this particularly as waggott is claiming any money generated will go into redeveloping the training ground. So nothing suggested will reduce debt or improved the playing side of things. When the stadium is crumbling, £200 million in debt, no defenders would you waste money on “improving” something to the same standard it already is. It’s illogical unless someone pushing it stands to earn out of it. 

How can it be. Anything built 30 years ago is going to need renovating to a level but football has changed massively in that time and 30 years in football may as well be dog years. Remember when Shearer went for 15 million and everyone stood back. Today that's 150 million plus which just shows how things change and that was less than 30 years ago.

I'm not saying it's a rusty wreck but let's remember we had frozen pitches and trained at Ewood a couple of times this year which we all know is not Premier League standard. The proposal mentioned in parts at addressing that kind of thing.

5 minutes ago, 47er said:

Its a "proposal' that has gone in for approval and if approved would be carried out.

At which point its too late to protest.

There are always choices. Venkys could choose to walk away from this nightmare and hand the Club over to Community Ownership debt-free.

They, however, seem to prefer the alternative of death by a thousand cuts.

Hand over debt free. Who picks up the debt?

5 minutes ago, 47er said:

Wasn't their intent to see us relegated----twice!

Hapless and hopeless.

Are they here to get rich off the club or to get us relegated and worthless? 

I'm not defending the majority if their tenure, it was a shambles but I don't think they intended to get us relegated, I'm not sure what is achieved for anyone in that unless Venkys are secret Burnley fans.

Don’t fall for the spin.

a) They are not 30 years old, the academy is only 20 for a start.

b) We have indoor pitches at Brockhall especially built for winter weather -that TM refused to use, ‘I don’t like artificial surfaces’ (so ripped up Ewood instead)- though nicely builds up a view that Brockhall is an antiquated place that needs modernising, doesn’t it?

Come on South, you seem a smart enough fella, wake up a bit and read between the lines in what you are being spun and why.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

11 hours ago, Southside Rover said:

Hand over debt free. Who picks up the debt?

Well have a guess! Venkys who are responsible for it all! Its not going to come from a whip-round in the pubs is it?

Why should they do that? Because their lunacy caused it and, should they carry on, the debt will only double. Its a debt of honour if you like. Its accepting responsibility

No way of recouping it other than promotion and settled status in The Premier League.

We all know they are incapable of achieving that.

By the way, I'm always wary of people who come on here at crisis times with virtually no posting history and support the owners/ Ewood hierarchy. I always suspect some skullduggery!

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1