BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

• Backroom
37 minutes ago, Southside Rover said:

Who are you to tell me how many hours I work a day? Problem with forums they turn people into God's who know it all. In the week I work 17hrs a day Monday to Thursday, a shorter day Friday and then I rest at the weekend other than doing stuff around the house, being with the family etc. 

Is it legal to be working in excess of 70 hours a week? Has the EWTD gone out of the window now we’ve left?

• Like 2

Mowbray's gaslighted Raya. He's gaslighting Nyambe. One year he blamed the defeats on Lenihan being out injured. This year we lost because Ayala was out. The Travis that's reported as out on the field now, I don't recognise as the player who forced his way into the team. He's there, paraphrasing Mowbray's words, to 'kick someone'.

He had the opportunity to sell Williams and didn't. I think he had the same chance with Evans.

Mowbray blamed fans for forcing him to play Nyambe. The player whom he said was going to be out for months with a hamstring. RB Leipzig let fans choose the team, formation and tactics. If we did that, we'd be three up on Mowbray. He's no idea how 20 different CB partnerships have happened this season. Someone pointed that out to Nixon who replied 'and 56 midfielders'. Somebody else must be picking those teams. I've seen nothing to suggest that Mowbray suffers from a multiple personality disorder. So, Mowbray must be trying to shift he blame, if that's what it is, away from him.

Live on Sky, Mowbray comes out and says 'we don't play like that', despite our playing like that previously this season.

He claims he doesn't like training on indoor pitches up at the STC and would rather ruin the pitch at Ewood Park. This it seems then allows Peabody's to claim that the STC is becoming derelict in a planning application to sell it to develop houses.

I had no idea that Mowbray was from the same HSH stable. He wasn't exactly open about who his agent is, now was he?

Despite all the evidence to the contrary people still claim that Mowbray is a man of integrity.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

but in the main they have just been comments of a man who is clearly in self preservation mode.

"if someone else is going to do the job then that’s fine, it’s not an issue for me."
“I’m not self-protective, if I’m a burden on the club then the owners need to do something about it"

According to the man himself, he isn't. I agree with you of course, he clearly is. But even that, he's denying. People already know that the results are unacceptable, but they really don't like being lied to and taken for fools on top of that. Especially by a man who is at the same time insisting:

"I hope the fans know that they have a person who doesn’t pull the wool over their eyes, doesn’t tell them lies, doesn’t try and con them on something"

• Like 1

I have read and watch the Mowbray's pre Coventry interviews. Plenty of passion there from him which I never doubt he has or he wants to get us promote. I don't doubt his commitment or that he is honest man. But the problems has been his lack of quality defensive signings like a back up right back or a couple of centre backs. Or we go on the losing runs too much at the wrong times of the season just as we are a couple of points of top 6. 

I don't hate him or wish any bad on him at all. He rebuilt a club and fanbase after Coyle appointment and sacking. But we want promotion back to the Premier League now and not be mid table championship team

2 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

So why did you start with 'Sorry guys I'm not with you on this'? What exactly is the point you're trying to make?

I don't know what else to say really. I agree he should go. The reason, he's not cutting it. Don't care what he says. If he was winning every game I don't think you would either. But he's not winning, everyone is angry, people are insulting him. I don't think that's fair. That was and is my point.

TM can’t say he’s had a rough ride with fans at all in in his time here.

Currently he’s getting some stick (but even that ‘stick’ is often prefixed with “he’s been great for us, but it’s probably time for a change”... not exactly pitchfork stuff), as he would everywhere, that’s football and that’s football fans - he knows that but he’s just not used to it, and so he isn’t taking kindly, as until recently he’s had a very comfortable time with both fans and local media...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

• Moderation Lead
26 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

I don't know what else to say really. I agree he should go. The reason, he's not cutting it. Don't care what he says. If he was winning every game I don't think you would either. But he's not winning, everyone is angry, people are insulting him. I don't think that's fair. That was and is my point.

Can you give an example of these insults?

It’s possible I’ve missed them, as I am guilty of skim reading on here, but barring the odd comment, I think people en masse are just fed up of the same mistakes happening over and over without being corrected....

• Like 1

Ismael working absolute wonders for Barnsley. Fair play to all involved.

Still hear “But who would we get that’s better than Mowbray” from a decent amount of our fans. 

4 years is a long time, but it’s not long enough for me to remember he was L1 when we got him (L2 the year before?), and that nobody was bloody delighted at the time, wasn’t on a single wish list in the Coyle Successor thread. 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Can you give an example of these insults?

Nothing that needs escalating to the Mods K-Hod.  I'm just getting tired of the non footballing criticism.  Phrases such as 'The comments of a coward' and 'Honourable Man my ar*e' focus on the guys character not football. The Brockhall thread is full insinuations of under hand goings on and negative views on the guys integrity. He should go for football reasons and there are plenty of those without calling his character and honesty into question. Just that and no more really, just a request to keep it civil and fair.

22 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Just an expression Chaddy. Noticed that stuff like that can gain a lot of attention very quickly and maybe even Pasha may take notice.

Just fed up of it all. 

Is Pasha even around at Ewood? 

I can understand being fed up as I'm the same

I was going to post this in the match day thread but think this thread is more appropriate see that it's about the formation Mowbray wants us to play under him. 

He wants to play 4-3-3 this season but apart from a few games and wins we lack the organisation, players understanding their roles and knowhow of playing it. Look at Dean Smith's Aston Villa team today at Leeds and this season they looked so organised and understanding their jobs. Plus he played the same at Brentford. Very good manager 

• Like 1

Just reading a quote from Mick McCarthy - " If anybody says one of my teams is nice to play against I'd be so annoyed and insulted.  The best teams are horrible to play against for whatever reason. 

So if anybody comes off and says " That was a nice game Mick, you are really pleasant to play ", well I might be packing it in and playing golf somewhere I think ".

That's Rovers to a tee - " Nice to play against ".

Just caught Mowbray's interview on Radio Lancashire - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

• Like 5