BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

8 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I like Myers but he won’t hear a bad word said about TM. I doubt he’d realistically know if TM were to be potted (not that he’s going to be).

Myers applies double standards. If it was his beloved Everton struggling with horrendous form he'd be keen to see a change, and if there was the opportunity of a far better manager coming in he'd jump.

Then little old Rovers are supposed to accept their lot in life and trust good old Tony to plod on forever.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I like Myers but he won’t hear a bad word said about TM. I doubt he’d realistically know if TM were to be potted (not that he’s going to be).

Myers didn’t know what was going on when he was at the club, so I doubt he’d know feck all now. Christ he’s a sky sports reporter and ended up with a high profile job at a championship club, sums up venkys.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rovers11 said:

Nicko saying there's a bit about us in the paper tomorrow and replied to a question about TM with "needs results..and soon". He's changed his stance from a week ago when he said TM was well protected. I suspect he's heard something to change his mind. 

Could the owners finally have lost patience? 

More likely that he read it on here...

• Like 4

I can't believe we are back to this shit. 

A clearly failing manager, horrible performances, abysmal points return and Venkys refusing to pull the trigger.

There is nothing more frustrating than seeing a situation and being totally helpless to change it.

They let K**n relegate us and there was nothing we could do, their refusal to sack him drove me insane.

Same thing again, he's never turning this around, he needs to be replaced.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 8

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

"if someone else is going to do the job then that’s fine, it’s not an issue for me."
“I’m not self-protective, if I’m a burden on the club then the owners need to do something about it"

Clearly telling the owners they'll have to pay out his contract.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Myers applies double standards. If it was his beloved Everton struggling with horrendous form he'd be keen to see a change, and if there was the opportunity of a far better manager coming in he'd jump.

Then little old Rovers are supposed to accept their lot in life and trust good old Tony to plod on forever.

Oh 100%. I was going to tell him that myself on Twitter but I’m done on there for the night. As you say, unless you’re Rovers through and through you’re not going to be looking at this objectively.

The players were just going through the motions today, even in the last few minutes there was little urgency.

To me it was a performance of a team no longer responding to their manager and expecting a sacking... boy, are they in for a surprise.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

and not be mid table championship team

You're optimistic! Barnsley now up to 7th and we are 11 points behind them. We are looking down now not up and hoping the season ends as we fall over the line.

Barnsley, bloody Barnsley I ask you! Where are all these people pointing out that we are only the 10 biggest spenders in the Championship when it comes to Barnsley?

All about good management isn't it?

• Like 7

Every single team in the league is looking "sharper" than us and starting each half better regardless of their ability. Even Doncaster in the cup.

Some quotes from Mowbray over the past 3 months sum things up pretty nicely. 

"Didn't do the basics" "Fell short today" "Played in the wrong positions"

"Can't play this bad an expect to win any football match"  "We didn't make the right decisions"

"We lacked intent today" "We conceded really poor goals"  "We need to be better".

"We were way off where we can be". "We couldn't find a way through" "Lapses in concentration let us down".

"Individuals didn't do their job".

"We gave them a goal". "They didn't have to work for it".

"Nobody reacted, the ball went in."

"We made it hard for ourselves"

Unfortunately these are the results he's producing game after game after game. I'm absolutely sick of it.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, matt83 said:

I was of the same opinion in 2019 before the Stoke game saying surely if we lose today making it 9 defeats from 11 he’ll be sacked. 2 years later we’re saying the same things. The only constant is he carries on with impunity. 

As well as ending the losing streak, the point today means that we actually moved one point further from the relegation zone and one place higher in the league than we were yesterday.

So in the dumbed down World of Mowbray it was actually a good result.

• Like 2

We are a top 6 squad and we go into the final stretch of the season worrying about relegation. That says it all about the manager.

The games come and go, some of them easy on paper, but the wins don't come.

TM said we were a top 6 squad and that was the aim this season.

He has failed, the team is going backwards, we are in a real mess.

No other club would put up with this rubbish. After the Barnsley debacle, he commented that they are a "well-organised team". By implication, he's admitted we are not.

3 teenagers from other clubs in our team while our's are loaned out.

McGloire getting rave reviews at Motherwell by the way and Carter similar at Shrewsbury,(admittedly different level).

Why not with us? It always seems that when one of our lads is picked and plays well, it comes as a complete shock to TM. 

There is no actual plan to gradually bring them into the fold. Same thing happened with Wharton--came in when there was

no-one else and kept his place. Really unfortunate that he got injured.

Which takes me to my final point---- injuries. some are keen to point out we have 10 or 12 players out. What they don't

point out is that they are notoriously injury -prone to start with and that's why they were cheap or free in the first place--

Bradley Johnson----how many games has he played? Ayala---everyone knew we'd be lucky to get 10 games a season from him.

Given that Lenihan has an injury record as well, we were obviously going to struggle defensively this season.

But, TM didn't see it coming apparently and he's now moaning that he has "no defence".

Sorry to have a rant but sometimes its that or give up!

• Like 5

"The team have been very focused on trying to get positive results and I would have to say in all of the defeats I didn't think 'we deserve nothing from that'."

Apologies if posted elsewhere have struggled to engage with Rovers today. But here are TMs comments from BBC (apologies for posting his drivel even if not a repeat too.) But seriously, does he really think that the previous 5 performances we deserved something from? Either he's a lying git or that's the nub of the problem if he thinks said performances are of the required level to get points. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue blood said:

"The team have been very focused on trying to get positive results and I would have to say in all of the defeats I didn't think 'we deserve nothing from that'."

Apologies if posted elsewhere have struggled to engage with Rovers today. But here are TMs comments from BBC (apologies for posting his drivel even if not a repeat too.) But seriously, does he really think that the previous 5 performances we deserved something from? Either he's a lying git or that's the nub of the problem if he thinks said performances are of the required level to get points. 

Is he just purposely trying to get peoples backs up now? He’s talking absolute shite.

• Like 3

Shocking to read the negative views on Mowbray's Rovers. We gave it a right good go today and we'll put the point in the bag and move on. We're only..what is it?...35 games into our journey. The Venkys can see what we're trying to do here. We're only little old Blackburn Rovers but we'll give it a right good go. We'll take the positives. It's about the positives. Every game in which we've played absolute fookin' shit we should have been taking something from the game because my name is Tony and I talk any old shit to the press and they lap it up, saying what that I have integrity and should be referred to as Tony Dignity. Etc., etc., ad infinitum forever and ever. Drivel, drivel, drizzle, bollocks that never seems to stop...

What a shit show of a club and, with those clowns in charge, we have the manager they deserve.

Edited by TheRoversReturn
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, pentelrobot said:

This sums up exactlyhow I feel. I am in my 70th year, have had a season ticket since 1967 and have supported my club through thick and thin (and believe me there have been some bad times). However, I have never felt more depressed than I do today. I'm not one of those who think the club has a divine right to be in the top division, but as a fan, I feel I do have the right to see my team play with purpose and passion and with definite gameplans. To my mind, the players we have now ought to be good enough to be challenging for a play off spot. The problem is that they are completely lacking in guidance and proper coaching, and as a result, teams like Rotherham, Coventry, Preston and Barnsley can nullify us with little or no effort. Others have commented time and again about the folly of having your centre forward on the wing, your best midfield player (Rothwell) playing out wide when he should patently be in the centre of midfield.

I just wish that Mowbray would read this MB and listen to long suffering fans like me, in despair at the current situation. It's no good saying he will go when the owners tell him to, because he is fully aware that the owners know little about football and even less about what the position of manager entails. Managers live and die by results and if Mowbray had an ounceof decency he would resign tomorrow, or at the very least as k for a structured leaving by mutual arrangement like Neil Lennon.

If he remains as manager at the start of next season, then for the first time in 54 years I will not renew  my season ticket.

Surely this would set alarm bells ringing if this was emailed to Rovers?

• Like 2

I am not sure that Mowbray even with Maggott's support and, alleged, threats to walk himself, will be able to blag his way out of what is going to happen in March's fixtures.

Barring a miraculous improvement we are in for a hard time and I expect us to finish the month around 18th position.

If that doesn't finish off the most boring man in the world nothing will.

Even the FBFC* may turn on him.

* FaceBook Fanboy Cult

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I am not sure that Mowbray even with Maggott's support and, alleged, threats to walk himself, will be able to blag his way out of what is going to happen in March's fixtures.

Barring a miraculous improvement we are in for a hard time and I expect us to finish the month around 18th position.

If that doesn't finish off the most boring man in the world nothing will.

Even the FBFC* may turn on him.

* FaceBook Fanboy Cult

March is going to be a real struggle. It's a serious concern that we could very well come out of it without a point.