BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

17 minutes ago, dcbrfc said:

Can’t say I agree with the education metaphor as in football there are always two teams, so there’s always gonna be a winner/loser (unless it’s a draw obviously!) but in a classroom you don’t have two sets of people trying to win a game!

You put out a very reasoned and fair argument here and I don’t have the energy to continue the debate right now. There’s clearly two sides to this, as with everything, and one argument is not going to change the mind of the other.

I came on here today for the first time in years as I was informed I was being slated for my comments on Twitter. I’ve responded to some but I’m going to respectfully sign out for now.

What does concern me is the constant tearing down of fellow fans for their differing opinions. We’re all (I assume) Rovers fans here. COYB. Enjoy your Sunday.

" We can see you, We can see you, We can see you sneaking out "  Da Da Dah.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcbrfc said:

And yes I’m sticking with Mowbray because after all he’s done for the club - he’s the best thing to happen to Blackburn Rovers since Venky’s walked through the doors 10 years ago - I just feel he deserves a bit longer. If we get sucked into a proper relegation battle then yea sack him but as things stand we should give him more time, support the team and hope results can change.

The man himself looks like he has raised the white flag,disinterested and unmotivated as the Team and form regress faster and faster,it's pathetic to witness.....

Mowbray is incapable of taking this Club forward,he is failing even his own set standards,he needs to depart for himself and most importantly the future of the club.We are at a point of no return..what can't people understand?

image.png.ddf7957215e12c02b24f88b9e5577454.png

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Mowbray is incapable of taking this Club forward,he is failing even his own set standards,he needs to depart for himself and most importantly the future of the club...what can't people understand?

image.png.ddf7957215e12c02b24f88b9e5577454.png

Looks like Travis when Mowbray is telling him it's his fault we're losing all these games

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcbrfc said:

And yes I’m sticking with Mowbray because after all he’s done for the club - he’s the best thing to happen to Blackburn Rovers since Venky’s walked through the doors 10 years ago

Would you say Mowbray has done any better than Bowyer after the mess he inherited from Kean et al? Either way it’s an unacceptably low bar that’s been set by the Venkys.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Theaxe15 said:

I can see that 11 points being eaten up pretty rapidly after the next few games of 0 points. 

Appreciate the stability Mowbray brought to the club with the promotion and behind the scenes work, so I get where you are coming from there, but our performances have been wretched for the last year and a half asides from a month or two at the beginning of this season. I don't see how he deserves more time with it 

Considering our March points haul will likely reflect February's, i can see that 11 point gap reducing pretty quickly.

1 hour ago, dcbrfc said:

Because times have changed. Souness days were some of the best I’ve experienced (missed a lot of the Hughes time as was away at uni). But we were a Premier League club back then in a different era. The game is different now. Look at the clubs in this league who have bigger budgets and far better squads. And I’m not saying we should never be back there I just don’t think it’s a realistic expectation right now. We were a Second Division club for what 15 years before we went up in 92? And yes I’m sticking with Mowbray because after all he’s done for the club - he’s the best thing to happen to Blackburn Rovers since Venky’s walked through the doors 10 years ago - I just feel he deserves a bit longer. If we get sucked into a proper relegation battle then yea sack him but as things stand we should give him more time, support the team and If  results can change.

Are you so blind you can't actually see reality staring you in the face?

If you, and your mate at the LT, Sharpe, claim to be trained journalists, then for goodness sake have some professional integrity the both of you, and start asking some decent and incisive questions, rather than this inane drivel you constantly spout. IMO that is a complete abrogation of your responsibility as a journalist, unless of course you are being paid to spout the horseshit whilst telling the rest of us that all is well at the club.

Some of us know horseshit when we smell it.

Step up man.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dcbrfc said:

Because times have changed. Souness days were some of the best I’ve experienced (missed a lot of the Hughes time as was away at uni). But we were a Premier League club back then in a different era. The game is different now. Look at the clubs in this league who have bigger budgets and far better squads. And I’m not saying we should never be back there I just don’t think it’s a realistic expectation right now. We were a Second Division club for what 15 years before we went up in 92? And yes I’m sticking with Mowbray because after all he’s done for the club - he’s the best thing to happen to Blackburn Rovers since Venky’s walked through the doors 10 years ago - I just feel he deserves a bit longer. If we get sucked into a proper relegation battle then yea sack him but as things stand we should give him more time, support the team and hope results can change.

Kudos to you for coming on here and putting your opinion forward.

I'd like to ask you what confidence you have in Mowbray when tactically we have been poor this season aside from the early part. Also bizarre team selection and set up gives me no confidence in him going forward - are you happy with them aspects of his management?

Sentiment has no room in professional sport and many who want him to be given more time point to a promotion from League One s a reason to give him longer. With a budget which eclipsed all the others he should have got us up. You actually mentioned the budgets of several Championship teams as an argument to justify our mid table position so to praise Mowbray for getting us up with a huge budget is hollow in my view - it was expected.

Waggott said last week that if you stand still in football you fall behind but yet he and others are happy to stick with a manager who has us treading water and in performance terms have been mediocre.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

true, But its rare that any of our centre midfielders which there is generally 3 off get into the box enough. We played Travis, Evans and Rothwell yesterday. Travis and Rothwell should be getting into the box regularly and leave Evans sitting in front of the back 4

Mowbray seems to rate players who "hold their position" like Evans and Smallwood to the extent that proper  players like Harrison Reed have to sit on the sidelines and learn how they play according to our esteemed leader.

I'm sure I remember Travis being a lot more dynamic and proactive when he first burst into the side as well.

He's been Mowbrayed. It'll be tragic if he ends up being Lowe/Evans/Trybull Mk 4.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Be a different kettle of fish this time, he wouldn't have Dack or Arma to bail him out. And Elliott would be back at Liverpool.

He wouldn't get us back up another time.

Indeed not. Well seemingly a fully fit Dack anyhow. We struck lucky with him (credit to TM for signing him and the owners for funding it) but we wouldn't have been anywhere near promotion without him.

I do think this 'All he's done for the club' spiel is getting a bit worn out now.  It's like a tagline for his groupies.

End of they day they need to wake up and realize all that can be wiped out in one season.  He's the most experienced Venkys landed on with the HSH roulette wheel and that is the main reason for his steady hand behind the scenes.

On the pitch he's done nothing the inexperienced Bowyer didn't do and he is the best backed manager here since Hughes.  Discounting the evil one of course.

All this helps and i wish they wouldn't lose sight of the fact that this is what he's paid to do. It's why teams have managers he isn't doing anything countless others don't do at others clubs.

For this he'll be paid somewhere in the region of 500k to a million pounds per year. This club and these owners and our fans have been very very good for Mr Mowbray and family.  

It's a two way thing so quit with the stupid worship and judge him like managers are judged.  Results and targets.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, dcbrfc said:

Because times have changed. Souness days were some of the best I’ve experienced (missed a lot of the Hughes time as was away at uni). But we were a Premier League club back then in a different era. The game is different now. Look at the clubs in this league who have bigger budgets and far better squads. And I’m not saying we should never be back there I just don’t think it’s a realistic expectation right now. We were a Second Division club for what 15 years before we went up in 92? And yes I’m sticking with Mowbray because after all he’s done for the club - he’s the best thing to happen to Blackburn Rovers since Venky’s walked through the doors 10 years ago - I just feel he deserves a bit longer. If we get sucked into a proper relegation battle then yea sack him but as things stand we should give him more time, support the team and hope results can change.

Honestly though, could you see a promotion push under him? 

53 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Be a different kettle of fish this time, he wouldn't have Dack or Arma to bail him out. And Elliott would be back at Liverpool.

He wouldn't get us back up another time.

Not to mention Danny Graham and Charlie Mulgrew , 2 players who have not been replaced ....

10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Honestly though, could you see a promotion push under him? 

A lot of fans have had their expectations dumbed down that much that they don’t even see promotion as something we should be aspiring to. ‘We need to be realistic’ - ergo plodding with TM is perfectly fine.

• Like 9