BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm starting to wonder if Ayala is getting the Salgado/Nelsen treatment ? Too expensive to play now were out of the promotion race.

I think he was a panic signing to be honest, not played since last Jan. Turns us down for big money elsewhere, that breaks down and he ends up here, defenders are coming and all that.  Looked fragile when he has played.

Probably getting himself fit to go elsewhere in summer. This place is still a vehicle for agents and players imo. That will never ever change under this ownership.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

“I think the philosophy is what gets you there. If you’re an attack minded team, if you score goals, I understand the philosophy of keeping clean sheets and adhere to that as well, but I would prefer to defend by attacking and that’s how I’ve always done it and managed to get a team out of this league, winning this league, by scoring over 100 goals.

“You can do it and that’s the way to do it in my opinion.”

There we have it, his issues in a nutshell. Deluded. 

image.png.93282242a3c8de3493a86a1ab30e2e86.png

Not sure where he get's the idea from that they scored over 100 goals.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

“I think the philosophy is what gets you there. If you’re an attack minded team, if you score goals, I understand the philosophy of keeping clean sheets and adhere to that as well, but I would prefer to defend by attacking and that’s how I’ve always done it and managed to get a team out of this league, winning this league, by scoring over 100 goals.

He keeps saying this but he's coaching his team to go sideways and backwards at the pace of a turtle.

There is no attacking football or defending by pressing it's just going through the motions. Easy street football, i'm really wondering now if he is deluded or just an outright bullshitter who knows he can get away with it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Also losing 11 games, winning the league with 81 points and conceding more than the teams below all point to them not exactly being a class apart that season.

As with us in 2017-18 he had the fortune to inherit a very decent side stronger than most rivals, had a few quid to add a few and the quality to beat teams regularly. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, DE. said:

Managed to get a team out of this league well over a decade ago - the fact he's still dining on success from so long ago says everything.

Since then "how I've always done it" has yielded little success and got him sacked from Celtic (as one of their worst ever managers), Boro and effectively forced him to resign from Coventry. "How I've always done it" also failed to save us from relegation in 2017, and although it got us back up from League 1 with a much better squad and budget than the rest of the division, it's never gotten us close to serious playoff contention let alone promotion from this league. 

His refusal to accept and address his shortcomings is exactly why he needs to go. 

Totally. I bet the way he has always done it will never get him out of this division again.

I think he knows that the end might be in sight. Or maybe not. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He keeps saying this but he's coaching his team to go sideways and backwards at the pace of a turtle.

There is no attacking football or defending by pressing it's just going through the motions. Easy street football, i'm really wondering now if he is deluded or just an outright bullshitter who knows he can get away with it.

Good question. 

I think he believed his way and this team could get to the play offs, but now he is in full on self-preservation/defence mode. Annoyingly he never acknowledges his part in this and the fact he has had a great time of it here with transfers in and out. He never, ever acknowledges that. He knows it, but he won't say it. He has failed, whilst been given a number of advantages other managers didn't get. 

I do think he has done considerable good for the club, but the game is up and he is only going to tarnish his time here, if he hasn't done so already. God almighty, imagine we went down and they stuck with him a la Kean. "The best man to bring us back up, been there and done that!" 

Sorry for ending on that terrifying note 

• Like 2

As a side note, I am not displeased that Williams is on his way out. I feel that he summarises what is wrong, hes so unreliable, constantly injured, and ultimately isnt that great barring his once a season run of a few games next to Lenihan. Whenever he doesnt play with Lenihan, he is crap.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Good question. 

I think he believed his way and this team could get to the play offs, but now he is in full on self-preservation/defence mode. Annoyingly he never acknowledges his part in this and the fact he has had a great time of it here with transfers in and out. He never, ever acknowledges that. He knows it, but he won't say it. He has failed, whilst been given a number of advantages other managers didn't get. 

I do think he has done considerable good for the club, but the game is up and he is only going to tarnish his time here, if he hasn't done so already. God almighty, imagine we went down and they stuck with him a la Kean. "The best man to bring us back up, been there and done that!" 

Sorry for ending on that terrifying note 

Its the modern way - never admit you were wrong - blame everyone else. You see it everywhere at the moment - Trump and Boris are good examples - big up the few success and sweep under the carpet numerous disasters. TM has now changed tact by bigging up the player he said a few months ago wasn't quite ready for the Premiership - now he needs a positive to show the owners and the media - Armstrong is being given as an example of TM's good work. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

And that philosophy paid off how many times in your managerial career Tony! Once, twice if you include with us in league1. And 15 years of failure. 

• Like 2

Ayala, Mulgrew, Williams

How much has the club spent on their wages this season in return for a handful of appearances?

Meanwhile we are up and down loaning 18 year olds to put a defence out.

Jokers the lot of them.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

I can only assume he was adding the 21 goals they scored in the cup (they got toe the FA Cup semi-final) - although I think he's pushing it to include those.

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Mowbray,Waggott and Venus= the self preservation society.Get the feeling they are closing ranks.

Very very easy to do when you have the inside of a club all to yourselves and ownership thousands of miles away.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Whilst down the road in Norwich.....

image.jpeg.2abf68af896a24147b940806d50dea3a.jpeg

Would happily take Alan Partridge as manager for the comedy value alone. We may not be in the playoffs (although, to be honest, he'd almost certainly do better than Tony) but at least we'd be able to smile.

This'd be Alan trying to get Daniel Ayala's attention so he can be subbed off in the 4th minute to avoid yet another injury...

Edited by TheRoversReturn
  • Like 4