BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

50 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

It’d be interesting if Pulis had already been mooted at the club. I thought Mowbrays comments about keeping our footballing philosophy if he was to go were really odd...

I took it as he was trying to keep Venus in a job, which is horrifying.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, alcd said:

This squad is not remotely equipped for a Pulis rescue act. No height or physical presence in attack and diminutive ball players in midfield. Replacing Mowbray with Pulis would be a disaster. 

Only if he didn't change the squad.....He could set up a defence.

40 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Like Mick McCarthy and Neil Warnock ?

I don't understand your question sorry? 

Both those managers have far better CVs than Mowbray, but i don't think any of those managers are what we need longterm. 

Also we have some of the best attcking players in the league at present so we need a manager that will get the best of them, whilst at the same time sorting out our awful defensive setup. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

2 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I don't understand your question sorry! 

Both those managers have far better CVs than Mowbray, but i don't think any of those managers are what we need longterm 

Older "dinosaurs" (your word) such as Pulis are often bracketed with McCarthy, Warnock, Allardyce etc. While I'm not keen on Pulkis either, I'd welcome the other 3 with open arms. Pragmatic tough managers who get results are exactly what we need. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Older "dinosaurs" (your word) such as Pulis are often bracketed with McCarthy, Warnock, Allardyce etc. While I'm not keen on Pulkis either, I'd welcome the other 3 with open arms. Pragmatic tough managers who get results are exactly what we need. 

I think the players we have would benefit from Pulis.  Just need proper organising.

• Like 2

To me it sounds like the end, that was a defeated man giving that interview and he made the comment that he's made aware of the content on social media.

Even if Mowbray was capable, this team just isn't playing anymore. Possession yes and I understand the point he makes but sideways and backwards passes will win nothing, eventually playing back to Kaminski to hoof back to the opposition or more likely out for a throw.

I still think Bernd Storck would be my shout as an outsider. Realistic as in not a mega money coup but unrealistic that we are likely to uncover a German managing in the far reaches of Eastern Europe even if he has managed national teams in the past.

I don't like the idea of Pulis, I think Strachan and Hughes are just to long out of the mix and at this point in the season I think it might be a short term appointment to just stop the rot and inject some positivity with a view to extending at the end of the season if it went well. At the end of the season its more likely there will be a bigger pool of candidates to explore although obviously it would be better to start now to hit the ground running from the off next season.

My other thought is a bit out there but Keane as Manager with Duff as Assistant? Duff knows the club, could play good cop, Keane with his demanding nature playing bad cop and giving this whole squad a bit of a shake up.

My worry would be it lacks Managerial experience and I'm not sure a young squad needs a Keane rollicking unless as youngsters they looked up to him based on what he achieved as a player. Its a shame we've drifted as we have else it might have been a bit safer to try...

Cowley brothers would be my 3rd choice if the above was a non starter and probably most likeliest of the 3.

Although what's Ronaldinho doing these days lol 😆

Either way, the blue and white bunting is out and I'm sure when morning time breaks in India and the Rovers bus pulls up at Ewood, a bright sun will rise and the grey clouds will part

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Somebody on Twitter said how Pulis mentioned Mowbray was lucky to still be in a job. Didn’t hear/see anything myself but could add some weight if he did say as much.

Yes he did ..more on the lines of how long (length of time) he actually had got  to build a team . Very fortunate.

Curtis Davies also put the boot in last night too when asked how Derby stopped the rot in terms of how Rovers could ..by changing manager!

Edited by HowieFive0

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Yes he did ..more on the lines of how long (length of time) he actually had got  to build a team . Very fortunate.

Curtis Davies also put the boot in last night too when asked how Derby stopped the rot in terms of how Rovers could ..by changing manager!

“We’re on a journey, but if that journey for me stops, then I want to make sure the club don’t throw it all out and start again with something different.’

Aye, because a McCarthy or a Pearson would carry on with this naive, ineffective ‘progressive football’ that has seen us hurtle down the league...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

Well its 13:15PM in India. I would suspect the news will be coming in the next few hours, if its going to come at all.

I just can't see it happening. 

It absolutely needs to happen but Venkys are terrible owners and because they like Mowbray, they won't bin him.

An appalling way to run a club

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Coyle went after 4pm

uk time bowyer was after 6

Kean was about 6.30. I remember getting in from work, turning on Sky Sports News and immediately getting the 'champagne beer' which I'd been saving in the fridge for when it happened.

• Like 1

Pulis would hardly be the ideal option but it's certainly better than the scenario we are in right now. He has a promotion from this league under his belt, kept the likes of Stoke, Palace and WBA in the premiership, something which is beyond Mowbray, whose one season in the prem saw his team dead last. Even in a season when only 35 points were needed for safety, he finished not only relegated but even looking up to the heights of 18th and 19th. Besides, Pulis teams do not play worse football than the dreary tedium we've served up during 2021. Nope, not anywhere near my top choices but still a definite improvement. Then again, so would Bielsa's bucket be compared to the recent shower of shite served up. 

Nobody on here really knows though, do they? They don't know if Mowbray will even be sacked, so how the heck can anybody know it'd then be Pulis-time?

• Like 1

He's not going anywhere. The only thing we can hope for is that we get lucky and scrape the 3 more wins we need to stay up. Then hopefully they get rid of him in the summer... but even then I wouldn't be surprised if we're stuck with him for the relegation battle next season as well. 

• Like 1