BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

42 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

I met Mr Venky in Trinidad (they have a share of the Trinbago Knight Riders cricket team).

He barely knew what Blackburn Rovers is. That leads me to believe we read too much into Venky’s motives and their feelings towards the fans. They simply don’t really care - we are a grain of sand in their massive empire, one bought by/for Balaji.

Quite simply - The club won’t matter until it affects them or their business. 

I doubt they have any idea what getting into the Premier League is worth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Kidd - Tried a brand of tip tap football that the players weren't good enough for. Played us into relegation.

Kean - Dumped Allardyce's percentage football overnight for an on the floor brand. Plus tried to accommodate certain players in daft formations to complement their revolving door make %%% policy.  Played us into relegation.

Coyle - Dumped Lamberts semi percentage game for a more open brand of tip tap and over lappers. Bizarrely still got goals out of Gallagher and Graham with it but assembled the worst defense in decades - Played us towards relegation.

This style of football has never turned a previously bang average side into promotion contenders. Suffer a few injuries and it takes you directly the other way, that's what we've seen. To either heads above water or challenge with this you need a scorer the calibre of Rhodes and tailor it to him.

There's no plan B either simply because there is no target man, once DG had gone that was gone. 

The style of football as much as anything else is what is costing us dear. It cost us a decent stab at the play offs after lockdown last year.  He's dragged us into a hole now and clearly has no plan to get out of it.

He knew a replacement for Graham would be needed at least 12 months before he left. I would argue 18 months to be honest. By no stretch of the imagination could you say either of Brererton or Gallagher were capable of playing that role, not now, not ever.

• Like 8

Fast forward to the start of next season...which league will we be in ?
....if and when the gates of Ewood open it might only be then that the length of Mowbray’s time here and the damage done will  be measured....

With Mowbray and his back room staff, Championship....empty seats.....an almost empty ground.

With Mowbray and his back room staff, League 1 ....empty seats....an almost  empty ground 

Without Mowbray and his back room staff, Championship ......seats taken as hope springs eternal 

Without Mowbray and his back room staff, League 1 ....seats taken , the start of a new era.

We can be a fickle fan base .....we’ve overcome/ become accustomed to the Venkys regime.....but we cannot and will not accept this group of ill equipped men ....” by skill and hard  work “ ...I wish 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dolly blue said:

....if and when the gates of Ewood open it might only be then that the length of Mowbray’s time here and the damage done will  be measured....

With Mowbray and his back room staff, Championship....empty seats.....an almost empty ground.

With Mowbray and his back room staff, League 1 ....empty seats....an almost  empty ground 

Without Mowbray and his back room staff, Championship ......seats taken as hope springs eternal 

Without Mowbray and his back room staff, League 1 ....seats taken , the start of a new era.

We can be a fickle fan base .....we’ve overcome/ become accustomed to the Venkys regime.....but we cannot and will not accept this group of ill equipped men ....” by skill and hard  work “ ...I wish 

You can't knock anybody who's still a fan after the last ten years. The " fickle " ones have left years ago.

• Like 8

A manager who was forced to resign at Coventry City with them en route to League Two for the first time in 50+ years is now bulletproof and unsackable at Blackburn Rovers in the Championship.

Good work if you can get it.

Anyhow, I'm just penning my monthly 'thank you' letter to Venkys for being model owners and not letting us 'do a Bury'. We're so lucky to have them.

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He knew a replacement for Graham would be needed at least 12 months before he left. I would argue 18 months to be honest. By no stretch of the imagination could you say either of Brererton or Gallagher were capable of playing that role, not now, not ever.

If he hadn't inherited Graham from Coyle then he wouldn't have lasted far into the League 1 campaign. Graham didn't play the start of that season and he tried to play this short passing football and we were poor. It was only when Graham came into the team and he went more direct that we found a winning formula with Graham and Dack. 

Now Graham is gone he has no idea how to use Dack and he has gone back to this short passing football but again performances and results have been poor. 

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 2

The Wycombe match would seem a long way away at a normal club but I reckon he’ll ride the storm till our “easier” games come along.

I expect zero points return in the 5 games before Wycombe.

1 point in 36?

• Like 1

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

If he hadn't have inherited Graham from Coyle then he wouldn't have lasted far into the League 1 campaign. Graham didn't play the start of that season and he tried to play this short passing football and we were poor. It was only when Graham came into the team and he went more direct that we found a winning formula with Graham and Dack. 

Now Graham is gone he has no idea how to use Dack and he has gone back to this short passing football but again performances and results have been poor. 

I think you're right. I said the other day he only stumbled across the Graham/Dack combination almost by accident. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, riverholmes said:

There seem to have been some improvements in the last couple of games, especially, in terms of team shape. I think Millwall next is our best chance of breaking the run of defeats and rebuilding some confidence.

After that, we have a really difficult March - Swansea, Brentford, Bristol City and Norwich. 

I'll have a pint of whatever you're having!

17 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Ain’t that the truth.

And yet like you I thought Lambert was the best appointment they made - a shift from non-entities to a serious approach.

Despite this the bloke seems to be one-down from Kean in how much he is despised on here.

Despised? I have never got that impression at all.

Terrible manager though. Underwhelmed here and at Wolves, disastrous at Stoke and then at Ipswich. A master of spin though, timed the announcement of his exit here to go out a hero and even at Ipswich, publicity stunts such as paying away travel etc which meant that they didnt seem to appreciate how bad he was doing until the last year.

It did feel like a rare glimmer of a sensible appointment on the face of things, following on from a manager who had stabilised the club but failed to push things on. He also started well but things soon dipped and the rest of the season was nothing to write home about. 

I'm just so, so, so fed up. Not sure it's even anger anymore, that a manager who has banged the drum of top 6 for the entire summer - set the expectations himself, is allowed to remain in his position after 6 losses out of 7. At no other club would he get this sort of time and yet he bleats on about needing more. It's an absolute piss take. 

I've been quite rational in my criticisms of Mowbray for the last few years, but it's getting to the point where not only hearing his voice but seeing his face is enough to wind me up. The constant circles of arguments on twitter and facebook of people defending him is absolutely nauseating. 

I don't care that we've had a few injuries, I don't care that it's a 'covid' season (whatever the fuck that means) and I certainly don't care that he's trying his best. 

It all comes full circle to the owners being not up to it. However we're supposed to be grateful that these 'optimum' owners are paying THEIR bills. Makes me sick to my stomach. Nothing will change till these wasters have left the club.

Pure apathy.

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, JHRover said:

A manager who was forced to resign at Coventry City with them en route to League Two for the first time in 50+ years is now bulletproof and unsackable at Blackburn Rovers in the Championship.

Good work if you can get it.

Anyhow, I'm just penning my monthly 'thank you' letter to Venkys for being model owners and not letting us 'do a Bury'. We're so lucky to have them.

I think it's every manager who has HSH/SEM connections is unsackable, at least for results and insulting fans with backside covering waffle.

That's the common theme here and why there's always a 'put up and shut up' attitude towards fans, usually fueled by certain media who are doing favours.

59 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

Yes.

I have reached the conclusion is that nothing will ever be right, until these owners are out of the club.

As long they remain, the best we can hope for is second rate appointments in key positions and bumbling along mid to bottom half of the Championship. This will have an obvious detrimental effect on the investment of the fanbase. The club will go to the wall in a slow death...

If they are going to go, I just want it to happen sooner rather than later. Then, we can start to build an honest future, where the raison d'etre and all emphasis is on trying to build a team that is successful on the pitch.

A working class hero is something to be for Tony Mowbray and John Lennon, maybe, but I want a continuous improvement ethic..

I can't tell you how much I am so fcking sick of the malaise brought on by this toxic Indian takeaway...

OUT, out!!

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 6

Was almost semi expectant today that we might see some action taken.....but nope. The more I read TMs interviews the more I think he cant believe his luck hes still employed. He even said in the latest LET interview most managers wouldn't have survived.

Pretty clear he knows he deserves to be sacked and also clear our owners pay zero attention. Its basically down to Waggot to tell them.....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Ain’t that the truth.

And yet like you I thought Lambert was the best appointment they made - a shift from non-entities to a serious approach.

Despite this the bloke seems to be one-down from Kean in how much he is despised on here.

I thought Lambert was a fantastic signing at the time - but look at his career since Rovers. He's achieved nothing.