BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

20 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

What time have managers been sacked at in the past?

Bowyer was sacked on a Monday night after 6pm..we played Brentford at home and drew 1-1

Coyle was sacked on Tuesday afternoon.after 3pm after we played Man Utd at home in FA Cup

On 02/03/2021 at 10:12, roversfan99 said:

Do you think we could genuinely challenge for promotion with Carter and Magloire involved regularly? The latter spent half of this season in non league. It would be another failed chance to fix the defence.

Well we still cant after the financial backing Mowbray had in terms of wages and fees. 

I rather use Maglorie and Carter then keep signing the wrong type of players like Ayala who you want. 

We looked best with Lenihan and Wharton as our defensive partnership. We already need at least a left back in provide back up Pickering. Possible 1st choice right back

6 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Do you remember the interview he did where he looked utterly bemused and kept on repeating "we are confused"? He wasn't kidding. 8 years on and nothing has changed in that sense. Their lack of care and knowledge has allowed shysters and crooks to have a feast at the club's expense. It angers me too much thinking about it.

My personal view is that Balaji is the only one (maybe his son too now) who has a fleeting 'interest' in the club, the rest of them aren't bothered. We won't get our club back until they leave, because as long as they remain here they will always be a target for the chancers out there.

Spot on,this is exactly the situation we face.

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bowyer was sacked on a Monday night after 6pm..we played Brentford at home and drew 1-1

Coyle was sacked on Tuesday afternoon.after 3pm after we played Man Utd at home in FA Cup

Well we still cant after the financial backing Mowbray had in terms of wages and fees. 

I rather use Maglorie and Carter then keep signing the wrong type of players like Ayala who you want. 

We looked best with Lenihan and Wharton as our defensive partnership. We already need at least a left back in provide back up Pickering. Possible 1st choice right back

UK time i'm guessing?

We are in the sacking zone now then.

1 minute ago, Wovers said:

I think we have to accept that he will be here to oversee a defeat to burton in league one next season.

I reckon, providing he pulls out enough wins to get us safe this season (which i personally doubt) Venkys won't even consider binning him.

So he could very well be here next season. I think if we hit the bottom 3, Venky's would pull the trigger (with it being too late)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

He genuinely sounds like he can't believe he hasn't been sacked yet - or at least shocked that he hasn't heard rumblings it's imminent. Welcome to a club being run by Indian chicken farmers who don't give a fuck Tony, this is how this place works. Makes me sick to my stomach. 

I got the same impression 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I reckon, providing he pulls out enough wins to get us safe this season (which i personally doubt) Venkys won't even consider binning him.

So he could very well be here next season. I think if we hit the bottom 3, Venky's would pull the trigger (with it being too late)

Possibly pal, give up hoping he will go.

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But Mowbray is still here!

41 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wonder if losing to United 'shames' the owners into taking action? If I remember rightly, Allardyce was sacked after a heavy defeat at Old Trafford. Coyle was sacked after the FA Cup defeat to United. There's plenty of United fans in India, maybe even among Balaji's group of friends for him to lose face on those occasions.

Could just be a coincidence, I suppose. I'm just wondering what the heck it will take for them to do something.

47 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

I wonder if losing to United 'shames' the owners into taking action? If I remember rightly, Allardyce was sacked after a heavy defeat at Old Trafford. Coyle was sacked after the FA Cup defeat to United. There's plenty of United fans in India, maybe even among Balaji's group of friends for him to lose face on those occasions.

Could just be a coincidence, I suppose. I'm just wondering what the heck it will take for them to do something.

Please can we have a whip round, and organise a snap game against United? That's what I would call 'Crowd Funding' with a purpose...

Better times, I'm afraid 😉

Edited by WIR Second Coming
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Can you imagine letting Bruno Fernandez loose against our current midfield! 🤣

I don't know what would be worse, the inevitable drubbing or the sympathy from some of their fans afterwards.

I know a number of their fans who are sympathetic towards us these days. There's even a thread on one of their forums about Rovers with some saying they miss us and want us back in the Prem. I preferred it when they hated playing us.

• Like 1

Mowbrays recent comments about the owners needing a plan and if he isn't on the journey, not letting them throw it all away are odd. Does he have an eye on an upstairs, director of football type role...

If he did. My view is he wouldn't allow a manager to manage. I think he'd be sticking his oar in. He does love to talk football. He's a stubborn man as well. Too principled at times. I think he'd cause conflict. 

But.. at the same time. We feel a bit fucked. Venkys don't have a plan. As soon as Mowbray is gone the vultures will be circling to mug us off once again. Because the owners still don't have a clue what they are doing. The perfect situation of a proper set up is never going to happen. Having a person with football experience in place at director level in Mowbray, even though I'm sure it would come with conflicts and challenges could be the next best scenario.

I'm not a fan of this as I'm typing it. But. Like I said. In my opinion we really are a bit fucked.

• Like 2

I realise this is an unpopular viewpoint but I actually think TM in an executive role of some sort might not be the worst thing. He clearly holds the trust of the owners and its clear that lines of communication back to India are flawed to say the least. I've never met him but his reputation seems based around honesty so would it be such a bad thing having him on the ground with a new manager in place? 

Obviously it would depend on exactly what his role might be, a new manager needs autonomy and what's seen as a traditional DOF role might not be the best fit but considering we're an unusual club maybe theres room for an unusual role. I'm envisaging someone who understands the game in this country and can present clearly to the owners what's happening and what it means whilst leaving the decision making to the new manager.