BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 hour ago, RoverKyle said:

What I really don't like about the injuries narrative is that we've had injuries all season and managed to stay within play off contention until recently. Always felt we were doing well in spite of a couple of key men missing (e.g. Dack, Travis, plus smaller injuries to players that regularly start). 

Mowbray now isn't getting the best out of the players that were doing well earlier in the season. It's very worrying and even more so that the seemingly social media element of our fan base can't see this. We aren't even playing good football, so this rhetoric about our journey is just frustrating. He's completely lost his way and needs replacing before he drags us down any further.

Glad you've raised this point which again flies over the head of the 'nice guy' brigade.

Been saying all season the squad has still been good enough the odd game aside to field a team to win games against mostly similar opposition.  We were still doing ok obviously helped by the crazy early season bounce.

Now as more become available we've gone into another tailspin, it's classic Mowbray. The more he has at his disposal the more crazy the selections/tactics and formations get. That's the whole issue with him just too much messing around, worrying about the odd bog standard opposition player and desperately trying to get everybody mins.

it's come out in quite a few things he's said in the recent past but doesn't get picked up on. Like he puts players before points and that's why we don't kick on then keep falling backwards.

An inconsistent caught in two minds manager is never ever going to fashion a consistent side and results. The evidence with him over his managerial career is overwhelming.

Was similar in league 1 but we were blessed with a strong enough squad compared to the opposition to mostly carry it off. I suspect similar happened at West Brom after he inherited a squad with quality already in it.

He's been trying to replicate that ever since yet it only worked once.

• Like 4

Just now, PeteJD13 said:

He won’t get potted until the situation is really dire eg a point or so off the bottom three. We have a ceo that will bat for him when Coyle went senior wanted him out. I don’t think he’s close to getting sacked 

Waggott will do what he's told to do!

I can see mowbray's prematch  press conference now

'Yessh Millwall are a very good side. Back in der 80s they were a massive club. Much bigger than Blackburn.  We just have to huuupe that we can compete.  Percentage wise we have been very good. I believe we can tuurn it around we are only 16 points from the playoffs'.

• Like 2

Not too sure Barr would want to leave his position due to the success of his team. DJ not the manager to take us forward not even on a temporary basis.

Why anyone would want to upset the team even more than it is with 5 games in the month when looking at it realistically we can only expect a return of 3 points is beyond me. Rovers still need 12 points to ensure safety and again that looks a hard prospect.

9 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Not so sure him and tone come as a pair wouldn’t surprise me if we’ve had if he goes I go

Then tell him to feck off and he gets nothing.

Cheston and Sylvester to hold the fort.

12 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Not too sure Barr would want to leave his position due to the success of his team. DJ not the manager to take us forward not even on a temporary basis.

Why anyone would want to upset the team even more than it is with 5 games in the month when looking at it realistically we can only expect a return of 3 points is beyond me. Rovers still need 12 points to ensure safety and again that looks a hard prospect.

Barr and Johnson could fill in for one match, two at the most.

There are enough managers out there who would walk over broken glass for Rovers' opportunity.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

But hold on a minute everyone- I thought that when Dack and Travis came back, we’d be flying up the table. 
Oh right, that didn’t happen did it?....

I think you're mixed up. Its Holtby and Johnson we're missing. When they're back and playing every week we will be unstoppable.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I think you're mixed up. Its Holtby and Johnson we're missing. When they're back and playing every week we will be unstoppable.

We have missed Johnson to be fair, but let's not pretend that Holtby makes a huge difference. Not a guy I would want in a releagtion battle either. He has been such a disappointing signing. Mowbray is shameless with his spin 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Never a truer word said, Chaddy. We argue back and forth on here and there but Rovers fans are powerless. 

I think that, ultimately, is why we all feel so frustrated. 1 point in seven, 16 in 18. We're going backwards all the time...yet nothing will happen unless India decides it will.

I've said before it's like being in an airliner were the flight crew are locked in the cockpit and their oxygen system isn't working. Will the plane crash or will the flight crew wake up first. In the real life version the plane crashed, just saying.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We have missed Johnson to be fair, but let's not pretend that Holtby makes a huge difference. Not a guy I would want in a releagtion battle either. He has been such a disappointing signing. Mowbray is shameless with his spin 

Even Johnson, when he’s on a good day he’s a good player to have in the team but he’s still very inconsistent. He’s either an unstoppable battering ram or he’s slow and stuck in the mud and takes far to long to play the simplest of passes. Suggesting either have a huge baring on our current plight is like you say, shameless from Tony. 

• Like 1

The India v. India one day series will also be held in Pune at the back end of March after the test and T20 games, so don’t expect our owners to be too bothered about BRFC with all this cricket on.

29 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I've said before it's like being in an airliner were the flight crew are locked in the cockpit and their oxygen system isn't working. Will the plane crash or will the flight crew wake up first. In the real life version the plane crashed, just saying.

Half the passengers will be saying 'no its OK we ain't going to crash. We have some able captains on board. We're still on a journey.  

33 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Because it ran out of fuel

36 minutes ago, Butty said:

Even Johnson, when he’s on a good day he’s a good player to have in the team but he’s still very inconsistent. He’s either an unstoppable battering ram or he’s slow and stuck in the mud and takes far to long to play the simplest of passes. Suggesting either have a huge baring on our current plight is like you say, shameless from Tony. 

Missed him in different ways too though. A bit of physicality. With Travis so badly out of form, it made it even more noticeable. 

16 minutes ago, Giant said:

The India v. India one day series will also be held in Pune at the back end of March after the test and T20 games, so don’t expect our owners to be too bothered about BRFC with all this cricket on.

Banner opportunity? 

I don't want things to descend into Kean out levels. As I actually think Mowbray is an ok fella, but stubborn and a bit deluded. Kean was a crook.

But the owners refusal to make decisions pushes people into trying in whatever way to make their voices heard.