BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Do you not think that the lack of proper rest time during the summer and proper five to six pre season has cost Rovers and other teams this season in terms of injuries and fitness. 

It doesn't help when you sign players with a history of injury problems. We had two centre halves in Lenihan and Williams. Both have a history of missing games. So we sign Ayala, who is basically a sick note. We got really lucky with Wharton coming through. Centre half is a key position and we were nowhere near strong enough in that area and we still aren't.

Signing two kids was a ridiculous move when we needed a senior pro.

If we do get relegated this season it'll be because we were weak in the centre of defence more than any other single reason.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Do you not think that the lack of proper rest time during the summer and proper five to six pre season has cost Rovers and other teams this season in terms of injuries and fitness. 

Which other teams have 1 point from the last 21?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It doesn't help when you sign players with a history of injury problems. We had two centre halves in Lenihan and Williams. Both have a history of missing games. So we sign Ayala, who is basically a sick note. We got really lucky with Wharton coming through. Centre half is a key position and we were nowhere near strong enough in that area and we still aren't.

If we do get relegated this season it'll be because we were weak in the centre of defence more than any other single reason.

Mowbray

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You could be right except for that excuse doesn't hold water for a fraction of our players. By fraction I mean a rather big fraction - Lenihen, Williams, Ayala, Evans, Johnson and Holtby. All injury prone before this year and Covid excuses. Add in Dack was a carry on from last season injury wise and it's a poor excuse to hide behind. 

25 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don't see us getting relegated btw. 

Lenihan has miss 4 games this season and similar amount last season aswell. 

Williams isnt our player anymore. 

Ayala shouldnt be signed here. 

We should have signed Jake Cooper or John Egan when we got promoted or this summer someone like Carter Vickers this summer. We didnt. 

I think Harwood-Bellis played ok last week

11 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We have missed Johnson to be fair, but let's not pretend that Holtby makes a huge difference. Not a guy I would want in a releagtion battle either. He has been such a disappointing signing. Mowbray is shameless with his spin 

Whoosh!

🙂

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't see us getting relegated btw. 

Lenihan has miss 4 games this season and similar amount last season aswell. 

Williams isnt our player anymore. 

Ayala shouldnt be signed here. 

We should have signed Jake Cooper or John Egan when we got promoted or this summer someone like Carter Vickers this summer. We didnt. 

I think Harwood-Bellis played ok last week

Neither do I and sincerely hope we stay out of a relegation dogfight.

Mowbray is not good at those ....... as I recall .....

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

And is that good enough for you?

Mowbray said the aim was top 6. 

I dont think the overall squad is top 6 quality we shouldn't be bottom half this squad. 

Haven't I Mowbray be replace as manager? He had enough time and financial backing to build a top 6 quality squad

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Haven't I Mowbray be replace as manager? He had enough time and financial backing to build a top 6 quality squad

Bloody hell Chaddy, that's a little bit duplicitous, it's not so long ago you were blasting people on here for constantly questioning you about Mowbray and reminding them that you had consistently said you'd give him until the end of the season come what may!

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Bloody hell Chaddy, that's a little bit duplicitous, it's not so long ago you were blasting people on here for constantly questioning you about Mowbray and reminding them that you had consistently said you'd give him until the end of the season come what may!

Change my mind after the Barnsley away game. Posted a very detailed post why I think Mowbray should go in this thread. Then in the Mowbray successor thread posted who would be on my shortlist..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Change my mind after the Barnsley away game. Posted a very detailed post why I think Mowbray should go in this thread. Then in the Mowbray successor thread posted who would be on my shortlist..

I can't remember exactly who was on it off the top of my head but I thought your shortlist was fairly decent at the time.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Chris Rush is highly rated. Few mutual friends who know him rate him.

I think we spoke of this on twitter but whilst you might be right there's been little evidence of it in his time at Rovers.

Imo we've looked sharper under TM than Bowyers time but that can be negated by the tepid pace of this possession football. Early part of this season we looked fittest we'd been in a while but that was attributed to players still being fit from the summer.

Legs soon got heavy and it showed but overall fitness wise and knocks and niggles wise we've never looked better than any other midtable championship side.

Not sure why that actually is but it doesn't stack up to being trained by top notch experts.

• Like 2

• Backroom
5 hours ago, @roverseas said:

I like the guy but we have hit a massive brick wall.  If you want to hear my POV take a look...

Great video but I think you're being extremely optimistic with our predicted results. 

I honestly can't see where our next win is going to come from!

52 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I think we spoke of this on twitter but whilst you might be right there's been little evidence of it in his time at Rovers.

Imo we've looked sharper under TM than Bowyers time but that can be negated by the tepid pace of this possession football. Early part of this season we looked fittest we'd been in a while but that was attributed to players still being fit from the summer.

Legs soon got heavy and it showed but overall fitness wise and knocks and niggles wise we've never looked better than any other midtable championship side.

Not sure why that actually is but it doesn't stack up to being trained by top notch experts.

Think we did, he's just highly rated in the elite / Olympic level of fitness coaching.

Think the problem is more the physio than injuries. 

Or the fact we have bought players made of glass.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Think we did, he's just highly rated in the elite / Olympic level of fitness coaching.

Think the problem is more the physio than injuries. 

Or the fact we have bought players made of glass.

Nail on head there, dumbing down of the medical depts and probably physio's as well.

Alongside the gambling policy of signing half fit players and looking to rotate them. Also i think young players are always going to be prone to more niggles. Lads still growing and developing into their own bodies is bound to cause stress and strains.

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray said the aim was top 6. 

I dont think the overall squad is top 6 quality we shouldn't be bottom half this squad. 

It should be a top 6 squad wth the time and money he's had but he's made a horrible mess of it.

Well done for accepting he has to go though.

• Like 2