BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't see us getting relegated btw. 

i think its important to get something tomorrow as it's not unfeasible to see us getting 0 or 1 points from Swansea, Bristol City, Brentford and Norwich.

After that run we could be within 3 points of the relegation zone. Whilst the fixtures are kinder from then on, and I would expect us to gather enough points in the run-in,  we will be in the thick of it and it will come down to nerves and bottle as much as anything else.

I think that's the worry for me. If we bottle it every time we get a sniff of the top 6, wait till they start smelling the bottom 3.

• Like 4

I don't ever come off one of these games and think we didn't get anything today because we wasn't very good."

"I still think we're a good team and we can easily win four or five on the bounce in the coming weeks."

This has me confirmed he's lost his mind,get the white jacket and take him away,he's gone mad if he really thinks this.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

I don't ever come off one of these games and think we didn't get anything today because we wasn't very good."

"I still think we're a good team and we can easily win four or five on the bounce in the coming weeks."

This has me confirmed he's lost his mind,get the white jacket and take him away,he's gone mad if he really thinks this.

He is a Penny short of a Pound.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Winning 5 in a row could very well happen. History says that his death spirals end. When they do Rovers turn into the league's best for a few weeks.

9 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Normal the owners / board come put and give the manager a vote of confidence. At our club, the manager gives himself a vote of confidence on behalf of the owners. 

Understandable as Mowbray runs the Board and all things at Ewood under absentee owners and some largely invisible go-between called Passa Deshit, or something like that.

No wonder he's hanging in their, good wages for failing and a gig that cannot be found elsewhere in world football.

But he's a nice working class man, open, honest, brimming with integrity and all things good. I know that because he says so every single day.

• Like 2

Not this time in my opinion, because, contrary to what he says, I see players  not enjoying their football, confused about just about everything and no leader on or off the pitch to sort it out

Edited by gumboots
  • Like 5

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Winning 5 in a row could very well happen. History says that his death spirals end. When they do Rovers turn into the league's best for a few weeks.

With all due respect to TM and his optimistic outlook, I highly doubt we're going on a 5 game winning streak any time soon considering after Millwall we have Swansea, Brentford, Bristol City and Norwich. We might get a win against Wycombe but are then playing Bournemouth and Cardiff, so, fucking lol and we'll be lucky to have more than 3 or 4 points from those fixtures combined. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Not with this months fixture it won't,we'll be lucky to get 1 win in our next 5 games.

9 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

The last time we won 5 league games in a row in the top two tiers of English football was in was in 2000!

Two of the players that played in that 5th game have managed us since (Hughes and Berg).

There is not a chance we will get 5 Championship wins in a row under Mowbray.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Understandable as Mowbray runs the Board and all things at Ewood under absentee owners and some largely invisible go-between called Passa Deshit, or something like that.

No wonder he's hanging in their, good wages for failing and a gig that cannot be found elsewhere in world football.

But he's a nice working class man, open, honest, brimming with integrity and all things good. I know that because he says so every single day.

When someone has to keep telling everyone else they are honest and have integrity it means they know it's under question. And they know why, this fella is riddled with insecurities it's always shown in his persistent tinkering and football style.

No faith in himself selecting and sticking with a best 11, no faith in them either. Puts his desperation with being liked above the desperation for points.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

The last time we won 5 league games in a row in the top two tiers of English football was in was in 2000!

Two of the players that played in that 5th game have managed us since (Hughes and Berg).

There is not a chance we will get 5 Championship wins in a row under Mowbray.

As much chance as me shitting bricks and building the Brockhall scam.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DE. said:

With all due respect to TM and his optimistic outlook, I highly doubt we're going on a 5 game winning streak any time soon considering after Millwall we have Swansea, Brentford, Bristol City and Norwich. We might get a win against Wycombe but are then playing Bournemouth and Cardiff, so, fucking lol and we'll be lucky to have more than 3 or 4 points from those fixtures combined. 

Yep not a chance. I'd love to know what the odds on five wins from those fixtures will come out at! 

48 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

If it was, why didn't Mowbray say the name?

Because if u say the name 3 times in front of a mirror...a mysterious figure appears and says 'YOU'RE FIRED'

Edited by roverandout
  • Like 7