BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

13 minutes ago, Gav said:

I bet that sounded funny in your head.....Then you posted it.......👍

See you on the "what you listening to now thread" - Got a banger for you (Well not so much a banger, but great track)

Are you still backing, Tony? Christ, please tell me you’re not!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

That guy you're on about is Daddy Pig in Peppa Pig.....and the father of Freya Ridings

Bit of useless information for you.

He's popped up on a few things down the years. All i remember from that is what he kept saying and Tim Healey was in it.

• Like 1

It’s the comments on Twitter in response to the blog rather than Dan’s piece that have irritated the heck out of me. All the usual excuses from the Mowbray movement: ‘defensive injuries’, ‘needs more time’, ‘who else can we realistically get?’. Oh and the thumbs up from Dunny (Mowbray’s mascot rather than Grayson’s Assistant).

It’ll all be very quiet from this lot after tomorrow’s latest loss, before they’ll be out in force, defending him yet again prior to the Swansea game. Rinse and repeat.
Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

I don't ever come off one of these games and think we didn't get anything today because we wasn't very good."

"I still think we're a good team and we can easily win four or five on the bounce in the coming weeks."

This has me confirmed he's lost his mind,get the white jacket and take him away,he's gone mad if he really thinks this.

Mowbrays Saturday is my Monday. I go for a jog and eat a salad and start telling the misses I’m doing the London marathon next year only for Wednesday to come and I’m hungover with a McDonald’s . Then Monday comes back round and I lie to myself all over again 😂

• Like 3

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19138535.permanent-defensive-signings-rovers-summer-transfer-agenda/

‘All of the loans will go back, the out of contract players, we’ll have to see whether we can do a deal with any of them, the summer is the summer and we’ll try and keep building the club as I’ve always said.’

Yeah going into my 5th full season, the defenders in the squad will be Lenihan, a crock, a young lad from Crewe as my only full back and academy grads, but I ‘build clubs’

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

9 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

There's some vile stuff on this thread about a decent bloke IMHO.

Not so sure he is a decent bloke. He knows he’s taking us backwards but also knows this is the best job he’ll ever have again so he’s milking it for all he’s worth. Don’t blame him for wanting the pay out but hardly a tick in the decent category. Had a few swipes at the fans - that bizarre stuff with being forced to play nyambe as a result out for a long time then played 4 days later. Equally bizarre was that crap he came out with about expectations in relation to having seen Shearer and Sutton. Often runs down the younger players. Manipulates stats to suit his own agenda - result are important, nope possession/style is important. Frankly just lies about what he’s seeing in the pitch. We’ve played badly in every game since nob end in November but to listen to him you’d think we were unlucky every match.

In my opinion a poor manager and NOT a decent bloke. The only thing I can say about him is he’s better than Kean and Coyle. 

• Like 6

He’s a rare manager that NEVER takes responsibility for defeats, always something or someone else to blame.

A sign of good man management is taking the heat off the players once in a while.

Irony is, he’s actually at a club where losing games doesn’t particularly matter, so a few mea culpas would do him no harm with his squad...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

I can almost hear Del Boy now in Mowbrays interviews - 'this time next year we'll be millionaires'.

It's an insult to every Rovers fan how he is trying to manipulate the owners through the media. Surely successful business people can see through bluff and bluster.....................

Perhaps not then.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Yeah going into my 5th full season, the defenders in the squad will be Lenihan, a crock, a young lad from Crewe as my only full back and academy grads, but I ‘build clubs’

That young lad from Crewe must be wondering what on earth he's done! Signed up for Div 1 potentially.

• Like 2

I’m not arsed in their opinion as if he’s sacked on Monday it is immediately the right choice and ‘time for a change’.

Better get used to it though as these situations drag on and on and on at this rudderless club.

Yeah. There is a type of fan that sets his or her stall out as through thick and thin but defines that to be supporting any old crap the club does. A lot on here are through thick and thin types but are separated from the fact they also want the club to improve. Blindly backing the incumbent or status quo even when it’s wrong because you see it as a through “thick and thin” is a very dangerous even toxic type of support.  

Edited by matt83
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

It’s the comments on Twitter in response to the blog rather than Dan’s piece that have irritated the heck out of me. All the usual excuses from the Mowbray movement: ‘defensive injuries’, ‘needs more time’, ‘who else can we realistically get?’. Oh and the thumbs up from Dunny (Mowbray’s mascot rather than Grayson’s Assistant).

It’ll all be very quiet from this lot after tomorrow’s latest loss, before they’ll be out in force, defending him yet again prior to the Swansea game. Rinse and repeat.

It begins with an analogy with Kenny Dalglish's time at Rovers.

I stopped right there. Life's too short. 

• Like 3

What a a dreadful article. He doesn't give a single reason to keep Tony, besides the fact we once had a bad run under Dalglish. And the only reason Dunny liked it is because he thinks going 8 games without a win as a manager is normal. 

• Like 6

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19138535.permanent-defensive-signings-rovers-summer-transfer-agenda/

‘All of the loans will go back, the out of contract players, we’ll have to see whether we can do a deal with any of them, the summer is the summer and we’ll try and keep building the club as I’ve always said.’

He's one of the luckiest managers in football yet he doesn't seem to realize it.  For the past few years he's literally been allowed to play around with the team under no pressure and surround himself with his mates. Sign his ex clubs cast offs and doff contracts out left right and center because he feels like being nice to players who contribute nothing here but need to continue their careers elsewhere.

Unbelievable really and this whilst just treading water at championship level with a 15 million pound forward line.

How many times as he told us the time to judge is x,y,z yet when that time comes he just moves the posts. Two weeks ago he said judge at the end of the season, now he's busy removing himself from that scenario and preparing for another summer of sticking plasters on what he should have mended years ago.

Game is well and truly up Tony you know it, we all know it. Only journey you are on old son is the final one.

• Like 5

I've a fair few issues with the article. Where to start? Well glibly accepting it takes three years, being kind two years, in the championship before we can start to implement a style? What? Tell that to Barnsley or Cardiff or Reading? Tell that to Hughes or Souness or Big Sam. Remember Stoke home "we've got our Rovers back" - 1 game to start erasing the mess of Ince not two sodding years. 

As for the King Kenny illustration. Where to start? The good performances before then? Having built a team (not crocks and loans)? Maybe it's his previous success as a manager? Perhaps it's because we hadn't had a death spiral of this magnitude before under him? Maybe it's because it hadn't taken him three years to get to that point? It is the most lazy and surface level of comparisons only. Anyone looking a smidgen beyond those games might just see it is not a like for like or vaguely accurate comparison. 

It's schoolboy logic. It doesn't stand scrutiny unless you think the up until this season has been a raging success and ignore everything that has happened this season to boot. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Two worrying things about this. 

Firstly it is groundhog Day. The end of our first season back we heard defenders are coming and yet here we are again - two years later - still needing defenders. Even when he identifies a problem he can't fix it. Embarrassing we aren't further on two years later. 

Secondly if anything it's a bigger defensive reshuffle. The left back conundrum continues into a 4th season made worse by no scapegoat at right back. Since we haven't got a decent full back in yet the changes of two seem remote. At centre back it's just as perilous. Warton will miss the start of next season leaving only two other senior centre backs. Ayala has managed 9 (?) games for us now so it's optimistic to think he will treble or quadruple this as needed. Again we are short at CB. So that's a minimum of 3 defenders just to function and put out a back line. Good work Tony! 

• Like 1