BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

11 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

What’s more worrying is he’s moved talk on from not being here to making plans

The other day he said he still has a really good line into India and communicates regularly. Now he admits it’s all through Pasha. He can’t stop lying and tying himself in knots.

I don’t know how Bayes, Sharpe & co. can let him get away with it. Regurgitating the ‘defenders are coming’ rollocks for the umpteenth time is just another slap in the face to us Rovers fans who can see right through the bloke.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

The other day he said he still has a really good line into India and communicates regularly. Now he admits it’s all through Pasha. He can’t stop lying and tying himself in knots.

Yep. I think this is what has thrown me into the loath category - he clearly isn't Mr Integrity at all. 

Lie after lie, Coventry sell the training ground version 2, just as corrupt as all the other chancers we have had. And a crap manager to boot. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Crack journo Andy Bayes spent the build up to the Coventry game telling listeners what a great guy he was and how he was back to being ‘much like his old self again’... which is nice.

Bayes is to cosy to the club as is sharpe it’s insulting to us as fans, we can see the mess for what it is they should be calling it out as well

• Like 2

Defenders are coming

We can easily win four or five on the bounce in the coming weeks 

On a journey

Just wait and see when Dack, Brereton, Travis,  etc are fit.

In 2018 judge me at the end of the season. Well not that season the next one. I meant the one after that.

Always jam tomorrow never today with Tonebola. 

• Like 6

I see we've shifted from the talk over September, October, November, December and January of prioritising new deals and being confident of getting them done and protecting our assets to now let's sign another bucketload and see if we can sign up any of those out of contract.

Quite clear there's no work at all been done on keeping these players and they've been having us on for months.

Sadly the talk about recruiting yet another defence will have the Facebook goons wrapped around Mowbray's finger and they'll all be salivating at the prospect of what good players we are going to recruit and sort out our defensive issues once and for all.

Those with any sense know its not going to happen. We will plod through the summer talking the talk and then sign a crock or loan at the back end to fill in or not play. 

But until then its all about giving Mowbray time, he's sorting the squad out, he needs the new season to rebuild and get people settled in.

This is all familiar territory going back to the start of this horror story. For some reason the owners would rather keep 'their man' at the helm and instead allow him to spend and waste fortunes failing to address issues than just make a managerial change which would be so much quicker, cheaper and likely to result in success.

Can only surmise that high turnover in players is something they enjoy because we sure as hell aren't building anything 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Not a fan of the name calling but I do think the blog has more holes in it than our defence. Would be super happy to debate/discuss that with him but when I tried last time it didn't work out. 

You did try in a very constructive manner, as did others, sadly he couldnt defend his position and instead ran back to twitter and told tales of those awful people at Brfcs. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

You did try in a very constructive manner, as did others, sadly he couldnt defend his position and instead ran back to twitter and told tales of those awful people at Brfcs. 

It's been a few days now since he left saying he hasn't got the energy. Wonder if he's managed to perk up enough to come and defend his latest bout of smarmy suck up bullshit. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I'm looking forward to Dan's next article. 

'Why not winning in 8 games is actually better than winning 8 games in a row'

You just know whether it’s the first win after 7 defeats or the first win after 15 defeats Mowbray and the cult of Mowbray will laud it like it’s an fa cup final win and decree it as the new dawn of the season. 

33 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Not a fan of the name calling but I do think the blog has more holes in it than our defence. Would be super happy to debate/discuss that with him but when I tried last time it didn't work out. 

He won't because his article amounts to, "I want Mowbray to stay on as manager because he got us up from League 1 and it's felt like a normal club since." It ignores everything else, bad expensive signings, unforced playing players out of position, bad none expensive signings, the death spirals, bizarre match day decisions, "I don't do formations", rambling interviews, pretending there's nothing wrong with the defence since he came here.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Just be aware that a journalist's job is much more to sensationalise and generate clicks/views nowadays.

I'm sure it's his genuine opinion, and he's entitled to say it even as a minority view (if anything making it more important), but I'm also sure he's tarted it up with nostalgia and bullshit as is his remit as a journo.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

Hi All- just a couple of reminders- if there are things you don’t like on the thread, please report them, or DM a mod and they can sort it with you.

Talking about it in the thread also takes it off topic and we don’t want that.

Also- insults aren’t fine and any more of that and the offending posters will be having a short break from the forum.

As ever, just play nicely please. (As frustrated as we all are with our wretched form lately). Thanks.

Well not surprisingly the cricket has finished so the Venkys will be in a happy mood. Assuming they can watch Rovers from where they are, maybe a defeat at Millwall will put such a dampener on their day, they may feel inclined to act and fire Mowbray. I won't hold my breath. 

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

Hi All- just a couple of reminders- if there are things you don’t like on the thread, please report them, or DM a mod and they can sort it with you.

Talking about it in the thread also takes it off topic and we don’t want that.

Also- insults aren’t fine and any more of that and the offending posters will be having a short break from the forum.

As ever, just play nicely please. (As frustrated as we all are with our wretched form lately). Thanks.

Insults on Mowbray or to each other?

26 minutes ago, booth said:

He won't because his article amounts to, "I want Mowbray to stay on as manager because he got us up from League 1 and it's felt like a normal club since." It ignores everything else, bad expensive signings, unforced playing players out of position, bad none expensive signings, the death spirals, bizarre match day decisions, "I don't do formations", rambling interviews, pretending there's nothing wrong with the defence since he came here.

Great post. Also add in the fact that the training facilities are being sold off too. Not the sign of a normal club. Even under the odious one they didn't try this stunt. 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, roverandout said:

Insults on Mowbray or to each other?

To each other mostly, although ideally just criticising his management or things he has said rather than calling him ‘a dickhead’ would be preferable....

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

To each other mostly, although ideally just criticising his management or things he has said rather than calling him ‘a dickhead’ would be preferable....

Come 4.45 that may be a tough rule to stick to.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I’m not arsed in their opinion as if he’s sacked on Monday it is immediately the right choice and ‘time for a change’.

Better get used to it though as these situations drag on and on and on at this rudderless club.

I’m actually starting to think that it will be more like “I hope you lot are happy now”. They may wait to see who comes in first before letting go.

• Like 1

I feel a long post coming on. If this is in any way soporific, it will reflect the level of our team's performance that sends Mowbray to sleep in the dugout.

One could see Mowbray as a Walter Mitty type figure. I think our situation is more akin to Zimbabwe under Mugabe or India under its last Congress party government.

Dan Clough's article starts by equating Mowbray with Dalglish. Include two name in the same sentence and you are intenidng people for that idea. Dan then says , it's not the idea at all, cementing it firmly in the mind of his readers as that's exactly what he is doing. I was certain Dalglish would secure promotion. That's why he was brought in. I was certain that Coyle would be potted when it was 'just too late' to keep us in the Championship. Mowbray brought in to keep us up. He failed. I was certain he would.

The League 1 campaign began with 4 defeats in 11. Mowbray didn't bring harmony. There was incredulity that another manager who had secured relegation was rewarded with an improved contract. Mowbray admits he lucked into a team, formation and style. Mowbray said the team picked itself. Mowbray let the senior players get on with it. Mowbray has said the team played a style he did not want.

The Oxford game ticket was put on sale before the Charlton game. I was convinced we'd nothing from that game. The team played how Mowbray told them. The 27000 expected to see us clinch the League One title. They'd been sold a false prospectus. 15000 fans were permanently alienated from attending whilst Mowbray and Waggott remained in charge. That's dividing fans not bringing unity.

Mowbray's stated on numerous occasions that he doesn't do styles, formations or have footballing philosophy. It's no wonder his players don't have a clue what he wants. His death spirals aren't limited to Blackburn Rovers. Mowbray's invented the 'dominating the football' as his 'philosophy, yet has yet to explain what that means,

In 2013 before Middlesborough's last game of the season against Sheffield Wednesday an article appeared that dealt with the reason behind the team's fall from 2nd at Christmas to 12th as conceding 68 gaols. Mowbray said a team couldn't concede 70 goals and expect to be successful. How can a manager not know exactly how many goals his team has conceded? There's also the idea Mowbray is projecting that a team conceding that many is not his fault. Mowbray then went on to say that he hoped to say 'yes' to get somebody in. Mowbray's got that arse about face. It's the player who says yes to the offer on the table, not Mowbray. Mowbray signed 21 players at Middlesborough. Not enough for a full squad. Mowbray does not build teams.

At Coventry City, it took a final game win to save them from relegation, after being top at Christmas. Mowbray left Coventry in a total mess. I can see that happening here.

By all objective metrics, Mowbray has failed as a manager here. He has mismanaged Blackburn Rovers. @booth has alluded to how, in his post above. Lambert did not mismanage Blackburn Rovers.

I'd rather a new manager came in with the playoffs still mathematically possible.

Edited by Richard Oakley
  • Like 1

Finally he has provided the final evidence that he has become stale and incompetent with the latest team selection.

A team shorn of confidence, full of ability but unable to work to a system and YET he fails to select his best 11 players with a view to stemming the inevitable defeat.

Mowbray has to go, it’s become predictably boring

• Like 2