BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

It amazes me that it only takes a single win for some people to start their sanctimonious crap.

We could lose the next four and win the fifth and the same thing would happen.

It’s just bizarre.

Rather brilliantly, there's some fans who were saying we never had any chance of getting into the play offs with the players we have so Mowbray is the right man to keep us in this league, why change things. And they are now saying we've still got a chance of play offs with the quality we have.

NOV19-We-Are-Laughing-Eyman.gif

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, booth said:

Rather brilliantly, there's some fans who were saying we never had any chance of getting into the play offs with the players we have so Mowbray is the right man to keep us in this league, why change things. And they are now saying we've still got a chance of play offs with the quality we have.

NOV19-We-Are-Laughing-Eyman.gif

Presumably they can’t see the contradiction...

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, 47er said:

Yet who are 4 places above us in the table.....

I assume Millwall have seen better days.

I’m happy to see the side win but to declare some kind of Phoenix from the flames type scenario suggests either a lot alcohol is involved or they haven’t been watching properly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

It's a strange season....we have scored 20 more goals and conceded less goals than Luton who are above us in the table.

Mowbray has let us down this season and  needs to sod off.

With everyone fit what do you see as our best starting 11 out of interest 

11 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

With everyone fit what do you see as our best starting 11 out of interest 

I like to play a 352, not sure we have proper wing backs, although Douglas if proper fit could play left and Bell without as much defensive responsibility is a whole different player....  I'd need to buy a right sided wing back. Nyambe Carter and Wharton as a 3 at the back.

Johnson(although I would have bought Whiteman) sitting, Elliot and Rothwell attacking from midfield.

Brereton and Armstrong up top.

See how we get on from there.

Edited by Sparks Rover

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

I like to play a 352, not sure we have proper wing backs, although Douglas if proper fit could play left and Bell without defensive responsibility is a whole different player....  I'd need to buy a right sided wing back. Nyambe Carter and Wharton as a 3 at the back.

Johnson(although I would have bought Whiteman) sitting, Elliot and Rothwell attacking from midfield.

Brereton and Armstrong up top.

See how we get on from there.

Interesting no Lenihan or Dack.

I have no idea who our best team is to be honest. We was winning with JRC, then he got injured, back today with a win. I know Nyambe is popular but jury really out on him for me.

At one point it was a case of who is worst between Douglas and Bell, but now I think Douglas is coming good.

Big fan of Johnson, and warming to Trybull, no interest in Evans.

Holtby and Rothwell can be so good and so non existent.

I feel when ever Gallagher doesn’t play we are in trouble, he’s only player with height (I don’t include brereton he can’t head it) so feel Gally needs to play.

20 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

Interesting no Lenihan or Dack.

Lenihan wouldn't work in a 3....although I'm not sure any of ours would to be fair...🙄  pity we let young McConnell go a few years back...he's perfect for that role.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

Should Mowbray leave end of season, like he probably should if we are a mile off play offs, he should be remembered for turning this club around. If he goes, he leaves the next manager a great squad of young players.

Kaminski, JRC, Pickering, Travis, Buckley, Dack, Armstrong, Brereton, Dolan.

IF he goes, he’s been a success, and taken us as far as he can and left us in a good position to progress.

6 hours ago, Wood26 said:

Should Mowbray leave end of season, like he probably should if we are a mile off play offs, he should be remembered for turning this club around. If he goes, he leaves the next manager a great squad of young players.

IF he goes, he’s been a success, and taken us as far as he can and left us in a good position to progress.

Depends if he is an accomplice in destroying the training ground. Hopefully they aren’t the last youngsters of quality we see at ewood

6 hours ago, Wood26 said:

But he probably won't, and next season will be a virtual replica of the last few, (at best).

It's so obvious he has taken the club as far as he can, but we are now stuck with him.

• Like 1

First comment on the highlights on Youtube is someone saying "Where are all the Mowbray out brigade now?"

Astonishing. 1 win in 7, 4 points from 21. We get a win against a very poor Millwall and everything is now rosey?

• Like 3

Perhaps no more astonishing than the mantra on here over the last few days of “Can’t see where the next win will come from and it’s one-loss-in-11 Millwall away next” turns into Millwall being complete pushovers rather it being anything to do with us playing well.

I really don’t understand why one group of anonymous internet posters obsess over another anonymous group having different opinions. 

Edited by Exiled in Toronto
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

First comment on the highlights on Youtube is someone saying "Where are all the Mowbray out brigade now?"

Astonishing. 1 win in 7, 4 points from 21. We get a win against a very poor Millwall and everything is now rosey?

This is exactly where we're at now. The fan base is completely divided again, much akin to the Kean days. It's awful and I imagine if fans were there at the minute you'd see the spats on the concourse that were all too familiar then.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

This is exactly where we're at now. The fan base is completely divided again, much akin to the Kean days. It's awful and I imagine if fans were there at the minute you'd see the spats on the concourse that were all too familiar then.

Not so sure how many of the fervent Mowbray inners are regular match goers. Two I was arguing with last week had never been to ewood 

I’d say he still has plenty of support with the core support.

These big divides are what happens when you have a club with no leadership or clear decision making structures, these things drag on and on, the manager is the only spokesman for the club and the normal scenarios in football - I.e poor form, going backwards = sack, don’t exist here.

But there’s no point in getting wound up either way, as said previously  ‘the club’ can do no wrong with many these days, so just like keeping him in post is obviously the right thing to do, if a bad run in the next few led to his sacking (obviously not something that would actually happen), that would also be a wise move from our learned owners.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Not so sure how many of the fervent Mowbray inners are regular match goers. Two I was arguing with last week had never been to ewood 

Trust me, he still has a lot of match goers backing him. I know quite a few personally and these are lads who've been all over Europe following us.

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

Trust me, he still has a lot of match goers backing him. I know quite a few personally and these are lads who've been all over Europe following us.

100% right on that score, think there’s a bit of denial to just how popular he is in the ‘real world’ (not just on FB groups etc) on here..

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Why though?

Why are some people happy with 12-15th ?(at best)

I just don't get it.

Would it be different if we'd never have gone down and come back up but instead just scraped up and just ploughed steadily along in the same poor finishing positions?

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

100% right on that score, think there’s a bit of denial to just how popular he is in the ‘real world’ (not just on FB groups etc) on here..

It’s fear of another Coyle or Kean that keeps that up, and also weirdly a lack of ambition. People seem to think being rubbish in the 70s is relevant now. But ignore the massive period of success in between. The lack of Leadership and structure at the club is the basis of his popularity, and people buy into his nice guy working class rubbish 

• Like 6