BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

22 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Who has Mowbray signed permanently?

Kaminski, Pears, Stergiakis

Ayala, Bell, Pickering

Davenport(originally for U23s), Holtby, Johnson, Downing, Rothwell, Dack, Chapman, Dolan

Armstrong, Gallagher, Brereton

17 players - not a full squad. Mowbray does not build a side.  Pickering hasn't played for us yet. Those in bold are worth the shirt. Those not, either get injured too much or have been played out of position, goalkeepers excluded.

Downing gets picked in midfield and then the defence boots the ball upfield, bypassing him.

We'll lose Armstrong to transfer this summer.

A foreign manager, ie not English. Ismael has been a revelation at Barnsley since he came in, as manager. I wish Venkys would make the change now and bring in a manger and team to review the squad and work on contracts. Two weeks into the transfer season, whidch when Venkys usually do their quizzing is just wasting too much time.

Would take Martin Wagner the German. 🇩🇪 Or Jokanovic the serb. 🇷🇸 

• Backroom
Just now, JHRover said:

Does she work for the club? Thought it was admission only to essential staff?

Or people deemed as ‘club legends’ it seems, somehow Dunn wangles his way into ewood, wonder if it’s under the guise of scouting for Fleetwood.

Just now, JHRover said:

Does she work for the club? Thought it was admission only to essential staff?

Who knows these days. If it's just essential staff what do you need so many stewards for? No fans. And why are Dalglish and Ferguson for example attending games in director boxes if it's just essential staff? 

Get the fans forum to ask Waggott the question? 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Anyone else notice Mowbray at full time yesterday, turning to the directors box upstairs and saluting someone up there?

Given Pasha has been liking pro Tony posts on Twitter and TM referenced him the other day, it could be him? I wasn’t sure if he was in England but sounds like he could well be.

13 hours ago, JacknOry said:

First comment on the highlights on Youtube is someone saying "Where are all the Mowbray out brigade now?"

Astonishing. 1 win in 7, 4 points from 21. We get a win against a very poor Millwall and everything is now rosey?

Its like a religious cult. Just fit the facts to suit the beliefs.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who knows these days. If it's just essential staff what do you need so many stewards for? No fans. And why are Dalglish and Ferguson for example attending games in director boxes if it's just essential staff? 

Get the fans forum to ask Waggott the question? 

Club directors are allowed to attend and they are both directors of some description.

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/brfcsupporters/permalink/10158439063639531/

Then look for my comment and read the thread lol - "How can people be against replacing Mowbray 😂😂😂 4 points from a possible 24 😂😂😂😂😂"

Yeah I started joining in under the "Its the Venkys we need to replace etc" comment. I didn't last long though, as I really can't be arsed discussing things with absolute planks like that, they wind me up too much.

22 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Yeah I started joining in under the "Its the Venkys we need to replace etc" comment. I didn't last long though, as I really can't be arsed discussing things with absolute planks like that, they wind me up too much.

Crazy how 30-40 year olds struggle with a debate and not making it personal.

Guess that's the level of maturity in that group. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Crazy how 30-40 year olds struggle with a debate and not making it personal.

Guess that's the level of maturity in that group. 

I was pretty astonished to see that an ex colleague of mine and massive Rovers fan, who was part of the group with whom I travelled all over the place following the club in the 1980s - was one of the worst culprits in terms of blindly defending Mowbray and not allowing anyone to criticise him or the club. I'm just hoping that in his case it isn't dementia setting in, as he'll be into his 70s by now, because he was never slow to criticise players and managers back in the day, very vocally. Odd behaviour.

• Like 8

On 07/03/2021 at 09:28, PeteJD13 said:

It’s fear of another Coyle or Kean that keeps that up, and also weirdly a lack of ambition. People seem to think being rubbish in the 70s is relevant now. But ignore the massive period of success in between. The lack of Leadership and structure at the club is the basis of his popularity, and people buy into his nice guy working class rubbish 

Not to mention the infrastructure that jack has put in place since to stop things like the 70s happening in future or at least give us a massive advantage in those situations. But yeah keep Tony , swag and Venus . Forget there trying to demolish all that and be happy we arnt in league 1 or Bolton (which is the most pointless and stupid comparison in an arguement )

• Like 1