BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

47 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

There might not be a season after unless the club and fans pull together as one

The problem is, fans are losing interest and dropping away at an alarming rate. The club needs its fans but has lost so much goodwill over Venkys tenure that its hard to envisage many turning up. The club can't just expect fans to walk back in. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

There might not be a season after unless the club and fans pull together as one

Or the club could not refuse refunds, holding people's money without their consent, put prices up during a pandemic and selling off prime property.

I'll 'pull together' when they start treating people properly.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

The problem is, fans are losing interest and dropping away at an alarming rate. The club needs its fans but has lost so much goodwill over Venkys tenure that its hard to envisage many turning up. The club can't just expect fans to walk back in. 

I’ll be very interested to see what numbers are like when fans are allowed back in. I’d wager very low. Perhaps a one off spike for first home game then 7k I reckon. They will then blame covid. Anything or anyone but themselves. 

• Like 3

Roverite,it's about time the Venkys started running the club in a responsible manner and appointing the right people to move the Club forward...starting with a new Manager.

Leadership starts from the top,the rest follows,Fans will only take this nonsense so far.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 7

46 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Roverite,it's about time the Venkys started running the club in a responsible manner and appointing the right people to move the Club forward...starting with a new Manager.

Leadership starts from the top,the rest follows,Fans will only take this nonsense so far.

The fans have been taking this nonsense for 10yrs SG and will continue to do so, thats what football fans do, its in the blood, you can't get rid of it. 

But make no mistake, this club will never move forward under Venkys ownership, regardless of who the manager is, the past 10yrs tell us that and to expect anything different is living in a cloud cuckoo land in my opinion.

We've had "would you welcome venkys back' thread, I was surprised to see how the mood had softened because they'd said nothing for 2 seasons, then we get the news about the training ground...... 

We are only ever 1 step away from disaster with Venkys running this club, until they go we stagnate and decline.

Venkys Out.

• Like 9

18 hours ago, roverandout said:

We need to keep the pressure on Mowbray.  His record is still abysmal despite 2 half decent performances.  There's no way I'm backing down

He’s not been the right guy for a good 18 months , particularly the recruitment in defence has been poor 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

They finally managed to get in a good keeper plus and potential good back up. He put those down to the recruitment dept. Then in comes Pears from Boro and is automatic no 2.

Defenders have been coming for years - except they haven't unless we've borrowed them. Then comes Ayala, from Boro, who hasn't played since the previous Jan, has a few games and struggles. Then he disappears somewhere inside his THREE year contract.

We still need more defensive cover but old Tone makes sure there's enough left in the pot to bring back 36 yr old -ex boro- Downing.

Meanwhile ex Boro Richie Smallwood who's been allowed to basically sit in the managers office for 12 months finally leaves. All after staying safe, staying fit and seeing his contract out. So he can further his career nice and ready to go elsewhere.

Then there's Harry Chapman, er ex Boro !

Something isn't right about all this at all whether it's just him terrified of players he doesn't know or something a bit more interesting. He's been running his own show here for the last few years covered by his own CEO.

It needs to stop.

No it doesn’t sit right does it , especially the pears deal , immediately after signing 2 keepers . The Greek lad does seem strange , he had such a good and seemingly genuine profile yet isn’t getting a sniff ... and I bet I’m better than pears 

• Like 3

Just commented on that on twitter.

The propaganda machine is cranking into gear now priming for what's about to come. All goes to back up the land sell training center bull then begin dismantling this side.

There's lots of lovely potential commission in the offing here. And the perfect excuse to sit in the middle of the division under captain midtable another 4 years.

I'm not alone in suspecting the real plan here all along has been to grow a side with as much value as possible. It's maturing now, ripe for picking and clearly going nowhere in the league. 

If i thought he could sell Armstrong for big money then use it wisely to make us better i'd back it.  I do not think for one min he's capable of that nor that bothered.

• Like 9

I'm just curious as to who these assets are other than AA. 

He's the big feather in Mowbray's cap and yet we aren't in the Brentford boat with him because he's only got one year to run and so we will have to sell him this summer, even at a lesser price than he is worth. Brentford get their stars on 4 year deals before they sell.

Who else is worth more now than 12-18 months ago? Dolan has happened more by accident but even then he's not worth big money. Dack no. 

He's having us on, again, and its just annoying nobody picks up on it and challenges him.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm just curious as to who these assets are other than AA. 

He's the big feather in Mowbray's cap and yet we aren't in the Brentford boat with him because he's only got one year to run and so we will have to sell him this summer, even at a lesser price than he is worth. Brentford get their stars on 4 year deals before they sell.

Who else is worth more now than 12-18 months ago? Dolan has happened more by accident but even then he's not worth big money. Dack no. 

He's having us on, again, and its just annoying nobody picks up on it and challenges him.

The Brentford model under Mowbray is laughable.

He's wasted £12m on 2 absolute duds with zero profit potential.

The guys an idiot

• Like 2