BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

3 hours ago, Gav said:

I'm sure every club in this league are aspiring to create the Brentford model, or at least the ones who are not relying on the Premiership £££££. 

One of the reason we want to keep the training ground in tact is to bring our own players through the academy and sell them on if necessary.

John Williams told us time and time again this was the way forward for Blackburn Rovers and he wasn't wrong.

Put it this way, the academy has helped TM out massively. Three of our defenders, our defensive midfield linchpin, JRC and Buckley and prior to that a keeper to replace Steele. Getting rid of a model that has given us this level of success seems a tad dangerous to me even if replaced with something good, which I am far from convinced by. 

• Like 1

Tough night tonight for everybody but the 6 losses in 7 ruined the season. At least half of that was on the managers head.

All wrong again tonight with the starting line up and tactics the guys commentating and in the studio highlighted it more than once. Good team they are but we were too easy to push back again. Decent changes and we looked a far better side.

Dacks injury is a disaster for everyone but of course it seems Mowbray is getting half the sympathy for it 'because he really cares'.  Well i think there'd be something very wrong if he didn't.

Injury and penalty farces aside tonight told us nothing we didn't already know, he's overcooked the goose yet again.

• Like 7

Dack potentially out for another year, Armstrong most likely on the way, Elliott back to Liverpool. That's a lot of goals/assists going from our team. If Mowbray is here next season then a relegation battle is an absolute certainty, we are desperately in need of some fresh ideas.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Dack potentially out for another year, Armstrong most likely on the way, Elliott back to Liverpool. That's a lot of goals/assists going from our team. If Mowbray is here next season then a relegation battle is an absolute certainty, we are desperately need some fresh ideas.

Yeah was thinking that too. Well hadn't factored in Elliott but no Dack or Armstrong under TM is terrifying. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I wonder whether the events of the evening might just push Mowbray into calling it a day. Not just the fact that we lost yet again, but also the emotional effect on him due to what's happened to Dack.

Will it shite.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I wonder whether the events of the evening might just push Mowbray into calling it a day. Not just the fact that we lost yet again, but also the emotional effect on him due to what's happened to Dack.

Could have the opposite effect.  Mowbray might feel he needs to be some surrogate father to dack and help him with his recovery.  Dack is one of mowbray's greatest creations 

I know it doesn't matter much after Dack's injury, but why were all our attacking players about 5'7 in the second half? I just cannot fathom the logic here. We improved a little for sure but for all the possession and pretty passing in the second half, we created so little. 

1 hour ago, PeteJD13 said:

did you hear the commentator on sky say he had spoken to Mowbray and had asked if he would be hear next season, mowbray answered he didn't know

Yes I did. 

Guess they will be review of the season after the season ends to decide his future 

Anyone else noticed how ‘Wexford Rover’ on the LT comments leaves a general pro Mowbray comment on most articles and gets a shedload of ratings for it, taking the post to ‘Highest Rated’ on every piece below the line... far more than anyone else positive or negative, which is odd...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I did. 

Guess they will be review of the season after the season ends to decide his future 

Far too late. New guy, whoever he or she may be, would need time to sort priorities and find players. Needs to be now

• Like 2