BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Anyone else noticed how ‘Wexford Rover’ on the LT comments leaves a general pro Mowbray comment on most articles and gets a shedload of ratings for it, taking the post to ‘Highest Rated’ on every piece below the line... far more than anyone else positive or negative, which is odd...

It became obvious in the Kean/Anderson era that the PR teams were at work on the LT.  The comments section has always probably bore less resemblance to real opion than any other platform.

Infested by Dingles and those on certain pay roles. They get found out quickly on sites like this, facebook is too obvious, so they're left with that. It is the clubs main propaganda machine anyway.

Contracts are up and loans will be returning to their parent clubs,  put into the mix a serious injury to our best player..

There is no way on earth , should Mowbrays tenure last longer than today , we need a new manager NOW , failure to do so

and keeping Mowbray for next season , will only result in one thing  RELEGATION ,,,

He has made a complete mess of the last 2 seasons probably 3 , time is up , in the name of God go !!

• Like 2

Not sure where to start this morning.....Dack’s injury is devastating for him, and, without being mercenary, financially difficult for us.

We , as a club, are at an extremely low ebb due to dereliction  of duty by owners and management.....didn’t think it could get any worse than it was...but, it has. Not only is there sympathy being offered , and rightly so, to Dack....large parts of the fan base are lauding Mowbray as “The  Father of this family “........it’s surprising how often opportunity comes from adversity and I have the feeling that The Daddy will come out of this well....

*not his fault...last night was all down to the ref and the pitch.....

*injuries have derailed his journey...

*he is what we need, a man of integrity, at this , our time of need.....

* Dolan will continue to buzz in the 9 position 

The truth is ...we were buggered before the injury...I’m sure Mowbray feels the loss .....as was evident on Sky ...but .... the bigger  picture needs to be addressed ....He’s still here, still likely to be here for some time and we will be left with very little of a squad come May. 

I applaud @darren_rover for his desire for us, as a fan base to unite......and I do live in hope for the future of our club.....but Mowbray and his men really dull that hope....he just has to go if there is to be any actual support post Covid 

• Like 6

Sorry not trying to be an arse but i think we play far better as a team without Dack(when he was out for the first half of the season) we're far to predictable with him as the oppo always know that when he's on the pitch all of our attack play goes through him so all they need to do is take him out. 

That said, Mowbray can still do one, awful league position and performances aside... I'm sick of his whinging, whining and excuses. Now he's also got the club shedding crocodile tears over Dack, seriously back in the day when a player got a bad injurey it was just 'oh well that's a bummer' but the team (and fans) just quickly move on. maybe its more a sign of the times that we're in. the club will/should be insured, the player will still get paid and I doubt Dack would have extended his contract with us unless we were promoted anyway(and that is not going to happen under this manager or sadly it seems these owners) sorry if that's harsh.

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

The problem is fitting the talent into a good functioning team that gets some consistency to stay in the running.

Said this before but we have loads of good players but a lot don't really compliment each other. Any side with Armstrong/Dack/Rothwell/Brereton/Elliot/Travis/Dolan should be frightening the life out of most opposition.

They don't though because the manager hasn't a scooby how to get the best formation from them. So we have a constant mix and match policy before you even include injuries. If it works it works and sometimes works well but if it doesn't they just shrug their shoulders and carry on the same.

That might develop a squad in terms of experience, mins and value but it will never have a team that'll prosper. As long as he's here that's what he'll keep doing though.

• Like 2

We need Shebby Singh to sort this lot out, just imagine if he turned up Monday morning 10.00 am.

" Good morning Tony, my name's Shebby, Madame Desai has sent me to help you sort-out the club, 

I've heard the training ground has once again turned into a holiday camp, don't worry we will soon sort

that out, i've got my tracksuit. "

Edited by West Yorks Rover
  • Like 1

Dolly blue.

Sounds about right. You can hear the narrative being tweaked and massaged and that we will have to endure from now through the close season. Uncle or Father Tony will steer us through, not his fault, circumstances beyond his control, bad luck, no money, the Venkys.

Yuk. Stuck with him sadly.

Funny how that 'bad luck' has followed him from Celtic to Coventry and now here. And curiously, top sides seem to make their own luck which is often good. Or is that a grand conspiracy of refs, linos and big money? 😉

• Like 3

Armstrong fee £1.71m (value now £14.4m)

So it ‘could’ be argued Mowbray has some credit in the tank.

Gallagher transfer fee £5m (value now £2.25m)   29 app 5 goals

Brereton transfer fee £7m (value now £3.6m)   31 app 5 goals

(Goal stats current season in Championship)

Sackable dealing imo.

Ivan Toney transfer fee 5m (value now £16.2m)   34 app 26 goals

Armstrong will surely go to cash in. Will the money be used to sure up debts or buy players? And if the latter, do you trust Mowbray to select well? I don’t.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aletheia said:

Armstrong fee £1.71m (value now £14.4m)

So it ‘could’ be argued Mowbray has some credit in the tank.

Gallagher transfer fee £5m (value now £2.25m)   29 app 5 goals

Brereton transfer fee £7m (value now £3.6m)   31 app 5 goals

(Goal stats current season in Championship)

Sackable dealing imo.

Ivan Toney transfer fee 5m (value now £16.2m)   34 app 26 goals

Armstrong will surely go to cash in. Will the money be used to sure up debts or buy players? And if the latter, do you trust Mowbray to select well? I don’t.

Armstrong was 1.75 rising to 3 mill over his contract with 40% of profit over that going to Newcastle in a sell on.

If they get 7 mill for him after all that then they've about covered Breretons fee.  I reckon that's how it will work.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Noticed the let mob are out backing Mowbray again. One poster said 'anyone criticising Mowbray can fuck off '. They really are a bunch of planks. And think as one

Iv'e had a few rows since last night, non of them over 21  by looks of it. Only thing i can put it down to is Mowbrays victim wailing appeals to that generation.  They are always all over woe is me sob stories that's the fashion these days. So he just strikes a chord with the kids.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Anyone else noticed how ‘Wexford Rover’ on the LT comments leaves a general pro Mowbray comment on most articles and gets a shedload of ratings for it, taking the post to ‘Highest Rated’ on every piece below the line... far more than anyone else positive or negative, which is odd...

No, i dont read that propaganda shite.

4 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Sorry not trying to be an arse but i think we play far better as a team without Dack(when he was out for the first half of the season) we're far to predictable with him as the oppo always know that when he's on the pitch all of our attack play goes through him so all they need to do is take him out. 

That said, Mowbray can still do one, awful league position and performances aside... I'm sick of his whinging, whining and excuses. Now he's also got the club shedding crocodile tears over Dack, seriously back in the day when a player got a bad injurey it was just 'oh well that's a bummer' but the team (and fans) just quickly move on. maybe its more a sign of the times that we're in. the club will/should be insured, the player will still get paid and I doubt Dack would have extended his contract with us unless we were promoted anyway(and that is not going to happen under this manager or sadly it seems these owners) sorry if that's harsh.

Huh? Dack scored last two games when we switched back to the tried and trusted 4231, then last night, we switched to 4231 in second half and was best team. 

its the 433 and over reliance TM has placed on AA that is the problem. Sure, early season when teams didnt expect it, it worked. They had playes sent of and we routed them (albeit, the poorer teams in the division). We soon got figured out and went on the run we are now - how many top teams have we got points from with the 433?

In my opinion, we looked better with Dack and without Armstrong.

34 minutes ago, DE. said:

With or without Dack we go through the same cycles of good and bad runs of form. There's one common denominator and it isn't any of the players!

Yep like the absolute fallacy thrown around last year that we'd have made the play offs if Dack was fit.

Nonsense, a few points better off yes but anything else was fantasy. As is this season if Ayala stayed fit, if the pitch was better, if it wasn't for covid etc etc.

Blind leading the blind this management set up needs luxury loan signings, a pool of young talent and about 20 others just to tread water.

11 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

In your opinion.  The stats may say we played better early on without him and with Armstrong.  

Early on yes, when our formation and tactics were not commonly known and we played against eh divisions cannon fodder (plus with men sent off). Since then?

It’s not a coincidence that 5 of the clubs in the top 6 are managed by Continental managers who are light years ahead of their British counterparts in terms of coaching and tactics. The same is true of PL clubs. If we are to change manger, we must look abroad for a bright, young manager with new ideas and football philosophy. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, West Yorks Rover said:

We need Shebby Singh to sort this lot out, just imagine if he turned up Monday morning 10.00 am.

" Good morning Tony, my name's Shebby, Madame Desai has sent me to help you sort-out the club, 

I've heard the training ground has once again turned into a holiday camp, don't worry we will soon sort

that out, i've got my tracksuit. "

Would actually be worthbit to see the look on the manager and players faces 😄😄

That said, i think its only fair to point out that although the first team and first team manager are doing poo, the rest of the club(academy-u23s are doing very well it seems) the foundations are there and i will give Mowbray some credit for his part in that... But what's happening with the first team is inexcusable and things have just gone very stale, the only remedy is a new manager with fresh ideas and more enthusiasm! 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

Bristol City and Norwich up next. Can't see anything out of these 2 fixtures. Wycombe after that is an absolute must win. Mowbray will still be in a job and we'll miss the boat on Wilder. Meanwhile wouldn't be surprised to see brum fire karanka this week and make a move for him. 

• Like 1