BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Any reasonably run club would now be looking to next season....particularly with the Covid affect...

*.asking, mailing, emailing fans about their welfare and their plans for season 21/22...

* working to “ clean up “ the stadium

* asking for imput on kits 

* offering reassurance on the future of the club and the academy 

* making “ can’t resist “ offers on season tickets ( let’s make our community strong again ) 

* asking for views on what ( or who ) would make them return to Ewood

......and what have we got ? ... Nothing but The Coventry 3 who slouch on the touchline offering neither  inspiration nor perspiration 

They must be  praying there will be some brave souls left to walk through the turnstiles ....but, as it stands I really believe that many of us, even the diehard support , will have found other things to fill our Saturdays .

Come the reopening Ewood will be a mirror image of its management...tired, dated , devoid of passion, empty....a shell of what it was 

.....The Mowbray effect ....

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

What’s going on with the players and results is totally normal, been 4 years, it’s got stale and they need a new voice.

At normal clubs the board/the owner would spot it and it would’ve been long nipped in the bud and a bit of momentum from a new broom lifts everybody. 

Here these things drag on and on and everyone involved just increasingly goes through the motions, the manager talks evermore nonsense as he’s run out of ideas (and knows he’d have gone already anywhere else) and the fanbase more and more apathetic.

That would seem to be the case. 4 years is a long time in football. Ferguson was an exception but he changed his back room staff regularly. Mowbray sticks with Venus. 

It's Rovers 3rd season back in the Championship and if Mowbray's "progression" is points based (which is the only metric that counts, right?) Rovers need to finish on 64 points to eclipse last season's total. 19 from 9 games. Norwich on Saturday will be a loss so it will be 19 from 8 games, which works out to needing 6 wins and a draw from those 8. That's Barnsley form. Rovers will fall short. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolly blue said:

Any reasonably run club would now be looking to next season....particularly with the Covid affect...

*.asking, mailing, emailing fans about their welfare and their plans for season 21/22...

* working to “ clean up “ the stadium

* asking for imput on kits 

* offering reassurance on the future of the club and the academy 

* making “ can’t resist “ offers on season tickets ( let’s make our community strong again ) 

* asking for views on what ( or who ) would make them return to Ewood

......and what have we got ? ... Nothing but The Coventry 3 who slouch on the touchline offering neither  inspiration nor perspiration 

They must be  praying there will be some brave souls left to walk through the turnstiles ....but, as it stands I really believe that many of us, even the diehard support , will have found other things to fill our Saturdays .

Come the reopening Ewood will be a mirror image of its management...tired, dated , devoid of passion, empty....a shell of what it was 

.....The Mowbray effect ....

Thanks Dolly Blue...the Rovers Trust have been invited to put forward views and ideas on "Marketing"....main message so far from us has been "Get the Season Tickets on sale by May"....maybe its not only the Coventry 3 but also the Marketing Dept that need a shake-up.

• Like 2

Best we can hope for now is that there is a review by Venkys and they bin him in the summer.

Hes survived this current run, so I can't see him getting binned before the summer now.

Problem is, he will use every excuse under the sun (covid, injuries, etc) as to why its been such a shit season and Venkys will likely buy it and give him another crack next season. 

• Like 1

Still here then.  Just don't get this guy.  He's been playing Gallagher then we play a team for once with a not very big back line and he drops him and has no width to out the ball in the box, how the hell could Pearson be impressed with our delivery into the box almost everything went straight to their keeper.

Get rid of this numpty.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 1

I think he will be canned prior to next season but not for performances - who in India cares about those - or even results (Covid, pitch, injuries blah blah). I think he will go for sticking his neck out on duff signings like Pears and Ayala. Overruling the recruitment dept and then his signings subsequently both failing this year and being long term, and thus expensive contracts I think will register in India. He knows he’s busted no matter what happens on the pitch now.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Best we can hope for now is that there is a review by Venkys and they bin him in the summer.

Hes survived this current run, so I can't see him getting binned before the summer now.

Problem is, he will use every excuse under the sun (covid, injuries, etc) as to why its been such a shit season and Venkys will likely buy it and give him another crack next season. 

And probably too late into close season for a new guy to have an impact right away

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Without doubt.

Thats the Venkys way though.

Yep. I said the other day but I do think he'll leave this summer, just a hunch, but as you guys say, no doubt it won't be A) early on in the summer and B) straightforward, leaving us playing serious catch up. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

17 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Another barrel load of garbage from him. Bemoaning the fact that sides sit deep against us, Cardiff did it in the 4th game of the season we didn't have an answer then and 30+ games on we still don't. Instead of moaning about it come up with some fresh ideas instead of doing the same things game after game and getting the same results. As for saying that Gallagher 'isn’t someone who historically has scored goals from crosses'. Well it's quite difficult for him to when he is the one putting the crosses in tonight for example we had the 6ft 3 Gallagher putting in crosses for the 5ft 5 Dolan. But Gallagher showed under Coyle that if played central he can score goals from crosses. 

'Find the answers' - Mowbray's verdict on Bristol City stalemate | Lancashire Telegraph

Reading that article makes me think we will end up signing another striker in the summer 🤣

44 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Still here then.  Just don't get this guy.  He's been playing Gallagher then we play a team for once with a not very big back line and he drops him and has no width to out the ball in the box, how the hell could Pearson be impressed with our delivery into the box almost everything went straight to their keeper.

Get rid of this numpty.

If we don’t get rid soon we are going to be in the small group of teams fighting relegation right from the off next season.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

At least we can all now see him for what he really is. He likes to make out he is this great, humble and moral guy and for 18 months or so I was taken in by him but like Kean and Coyle before him he is just another chancer managing above his abilities.

He loves to talk about what a great, honourable guy he is and how he would never be a burden, yet he resigned at Coventry after 6 points from 10 games saying he was an 'honourable guy' and that it was 'embarrassing' yet it seems to him that 5 points from 11 games with Blackburn Rovers is perfectly acceptable. I'd love to hear that put to him by one of the local journalists but I shan't hold my breath.  

Indeed.

I would actually be happy with an statementt now that he was leaving at the end of the season. 

It's the Kean situation all over again, albeit with different players in the game. Fans demanding change, owners not listening or actively going against them. Basket case of a club.

Mowbray out 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Indeed.

I would actually be happy with an statementt now that he was leaving at the end of the season. 

It's the Kean situation all over again, albeit with different players in the game. Fans demanding change, owners not listening or actively going against them. Basket case of a club.

Mowbray out 

tony has shot it but he was nowhere near kean levels of incompetence,it`s just his refusal to admit his time is up thats annoying everyone

He is now claiming that we have an ''identity'' - I call it tippy-tappy executed at slow pace.

This 'identity' theme will be focused on by Mowbray until seasons end and sold to the Poons.

Jam tomorrow will win him next season.

Having said that come Saturday pm it will be 5 points in 12 games so maybe he can do the honourable - he will not!

Anyway we will only be 1 season into the new Journey ......

It's fecking unbelievable what a crock of shite our Club has become under the absent.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You suggested yesterday that we start with Dolan up front!

I consistently berate the nonsensical tactics to which Mowbray uses but there isnt a prolific goalscorer waiting in the wings there. He had an average loan spell which is overhyped through nostalgic eyes, and even if we ignore this season, last season and at Birmingham goalscoring was alien to him. Youve picked isolated and random examples, its like me saying that Brereton could become prolific, he scored v Watford and Coventry, im not saying that Gallagher can not score the odd goal.

Last season he played quite a lot especially in the first of the season up front and in the main was shite.

We do need a new manager obviously (although ideas of one being searched for during the international break are depressingly naive) but the squad needs gutting and starting again. Mowbray has built an imbalanced rabble of rubbish that somehow managed to hoodwink people into thinking it is a top 6 squad under any manager. 

Based on his recent performances of him playing there. Long term he will should playing wide role. 

Did you see Gallagher's spell at Birmingham? how was he played? How many chances a game did they created under Cotterill? 

His loan Spell isn't being overhyped by anyone. 

Yet again you are making comments up again cos I have said no one in my post that Gallagher or Brereton could be profilic goalscorers here like Armstrong. For Gallagher, if he played as striker for a season in front 2 he would score to 10 to 15 goals. On Brereton since you brought him into this conversation would score around 10 goals a season from a wide role if he stayed fit for full season which for me would be acceptable for me. He isn't a number 9 striker who lead the line. 

On last seasons, How many chances did we really created for Gallagher when he played up front then? Do you have the figures please? if so, please share them for the messageboard. Thanks in advance. 

Hopefully the search for a new manager/head coach has been done and we have someone line up to replace Mowbray after the Norwich game. 

Its was Mowbray who said he build a top 6 squad and we would be challenging for the top 6. We havent got close to the top 6 after 6 transfer windows. We need a change under Mowbray cos we wont get top 6 under him

36 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

I don’t know how he will be able to carry on his job after the inevitable defeat at Carrow on Saturday. Surely it’s time. Let’s not let this get nasty.

He will carry on. His excuse for Saturday is that Norwich were in the Premier league last season. They have parachute payments, we simply can't compete. We may have conceded four but they just have Premier league quality all over the pitch. There recent results prove this. Still makes a change from covid, the pitch , injuries I suppose. I dare say he'll still throw in the bollocks about it being a journey though. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Based on his recent performances of him playing there. Long term he will should playing wide role. 

Did you see Gallagher's spell at Birmingham? how was he played? How many chances a game did they created under Cotterill? 

His loan Spell isn't being overhyped by anyone. 

Yet again you are making comments up again cos I have said no one in my post that Gallagher or Brereton could be profilic goalscorers here like Armstrong. For Gallagher, if he played as striker for a season in front 2 he would score to 10 to 15 goals. On Brereton since you brought him into this conversation would score around 10 goals a season from a wide role if he stayed fit for full season which for me would be acceptable for me. He isn't a number 9 striker who lead the line. 

On last seasons, How many chances did we really created for Gallagher when he played up front then? Do you have the figures please? if so, please share them for the messageboard. Thanks in advance. 

Hopefully the search for a new manager/head coach has been done and we have someone line up to replace Mowbray after the Norwich game. 

Its was Mowbray who said he build a top 6 squad and we would be challenging for the top 6. We havent got close to the top 6 after 6 transfer windows. We need a change under Mowbray cos we wont get top 6 under him

Gallagher seems to be one of those players and to be honest, and we have a few, that if this happened or if that happened, he would be far better, when there is no real evidence that it would be the case. He has never scored 15-20 goals before, and I suspect although would love to be wrong, never will. It is also unrealistic to expect to be in a front 2 every week in an attacking team with a constant deluge of chances. Gallagher lacks anticipation and ultimately is not a natural goalscorer, either with his movement or indeed his finishing ability. You seem to think that there is no responsibility of a striker to get into goalscoring positions, and it is solely down to the other players to create those chances and it doesnt work like that. I would love to be a striker to you, I would never get into goalscoring positions, stand next to the corner flag, shrug my shoulders and say well, where are the chances?

I would say that the wide experiment has always been senseless, even when you used to defend it by being pedantic over the role you felt he was playing. But he played much of the first half of last season up front, he played basically all of his first spell up front, and I think the Birmingham spell although no, I didnt watch them every week, believe it or not.

Would you think that Sam Gallagher can be a regular starter as a striker for a side supposedly aiming for the top 6, out of interest?

And why would we wait until the Norwich game to sack him? It makes no sense, its a nice hope to have but its one that will only frustrate you when it doesnt happen. Venkys wont have a clue that we are even playing Norwich or that there is an international break.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

He will carry on. His excuse for Saturday is that Norwich were in the Premier league last season. They have parachute payments, we simply can't compete. We may have conceded four but they just have Premier league quality all over the pitch. There recent results prove this. Still makes a change from covid, the pitch , injuries I suppose. I dare say he'll still throw in the bollocks about it being a journey though. 

If we are 5 years behind Brentford we are a decade behind Norwich. Even though they've spent about half of it in this league !

This time next season he'll be telling us we are several years behind Barnsley, he's already done it with Preston. Even though we spent one year out of this league compared to their several.

Enough, really enough.  He needs gagging because the lame arses in the local media certainly won't pull him up on it. No wonder a lot are brainwashed.

• Like 6