BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

11 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Do the owners take any interest? There are obviously lines of communication but we seldom hear anything about their views on the situation.

There'll be a meeting to discuss it, for sure there will.

In about June when they set next years budget !

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Gallagher seems to be one of those players and to be honest, and we have a few, that if this happened or if that happened, he would be far better, when there is no real evidence that it would be the case. He has never scored 15-20 goals before, and I suspect although would love to be wrong, never will. It is also unrealistic to expect to be in a front 2 every week in an attacking team with a constant deluge of chances. Gallagher lacks anticipation and ultimately is not a natural goalscorer, either with his movement or indeed his finishing ability. You seem to think that there is no responsibility of a striker to get into goalscoring positions, and it is solely down to the other players to create those chances and it doesnt work like that. I would love to be a striker to you, I would never get into goalscoring positions, stand next to the corner flag, shrug my shoulders and say well, where are the chances?

I would say that the wide experiment has always been senseless, even when you used to defend it by being pedantic over the role you felt he was playing. But he played much of the first half of last season up front, he played basically all of his first spell up front, and I think the Birmingham spell although no, I didnt watch them every week, believe it or not.

Would you think that Sam Gallagher can be a regular starter as a striker for a side supposedly aiming for the top 6, out of interest?

And why would we wait until the Norwich game to sack him? It makes no sense, its a nice hope to have but its one that will only frustrate you when it doesnt happen. Venkys wont have a clue that we are even playing Norwich or that there is an international break.

Has Gallagher played 3 games in a row as CF since coming back I wonder. I think he needs a run in his actual position. This right wing nonsense might have done more harm than good though

14 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Do the owners take any interest? There are obviously lines of communication but we seldom hear anything about their views on the situation.

No interest from owners. Most of the senior people over there have probably never heard of Tony Mowbray either.

20 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Has Gallagher played 3 games in a row as CF since coming back I wonder. I think he needs a run in his actual position. This right wing nonsense might have done more harm than good though

Yeah, he played most of the first half of last season there and didnt score very many at all.

It should be a case of is he good enough to merit a place centrally, if not then be doesnt play at all. The wing experiment is rubbish but I dont think he is good enough to warrant a regular run centrally. That being said, if Armstrong is unavailable, or even potentially together, then maybe. When Armstrong goes we definitely need a new striker though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Yeah, he played most of the first half of last season there and didnt score very many at all.

It should be a case of is he good enough to merit a place centrally, if not then be doesnt play at all. The wing experiment is rubbish but I dont think he is good enough to warrant a regular run centrally. That being said, if Armstrong is unavailable, or even potentially together, then maybe. When Armstrong goes we definitely need a new striker though.

That McBride kid sounds promising. Would like to see him get a few games, but ya, we definitely need a new striker ,or maybe 2 if Armstrong leaves 

27 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That McBride kid sounds promising. Would like to see him get a few games, but ya, we definitely need a new striker ,or maybe 2 if Armstrong leaves 

He probably won't get ahead of Gallagher and Brereton as that would mean TM conceding that he'd made either a very costly mistake or a very very costly mistake.

No idea who would take those two players right now should a new manager come in and want rid.

Edited by booth

11 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

Venkys must be embarrassed surely. The world knows Mowbray should have been sacked months ago yet he's still there! Even if they do get rid this week the questions will be why have you left it until now? Didn't you know he wasn't winning games?

I don't think they know what embarrassment is. They were the laughing stock of English football and I doubt it even crossed their mind. Quite why they want to own the club at all is one of life's mysteries. If it's Balaji's play thing, he seems completely indifferent to it. I'm not sure why he wouldn't want a winning team. I'm not sure why they pay a load of staff lots of money for so little return that they don't watch or gain anything from.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, booth said:

He probably won't get ahead of Gallagher and Brereton as that would mean TM conceding that he'd made either a very costly mistake or a very very costly mistake.

No idea who would take those two players right now should a new manager come in and want rid.

Might just be one of those things again where he gets a chance then does well. Like the early Travis situation where he really can't leave him out even if he'd prefer to.

Don't worry about the other two he'll find a way to shoehorn them in. 

Edited by tomphil

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Gallagher seems to be one of those players and to be honest, and we have a few, that if this happened or if that happened, he would be far better, when there is no real evidence that it would be the case. He has never scored 15-20 goals before, and I suspect although would love to be wrong, never will. It is also unrealistic to expect to be in a front 2 every week in an attacking team with a constant deluge of chances. Gallagher lacks anticipation and ultimately is not a natural goalscorer, either with his movement or indeed his finishing ability. You seem to think that there is no responsibility of a striker to get into goalscoring positions, and it is solely down to the other players to create those chances and it doesnt work like that. I would love to be a striker to you, I would never get into goalscoring positions, stand next to the corner flag, shrug my shoulders and say well, where are the chances?

Firstly never said 15 to 20 goals did I? 

Maybe if we played with front 2 in 4-4-2 we might create some chances. Instead of being 3rd in possession stats overall. At least Mowbray has achieved top 6 at something this season. Let's have a party this great achievement 😂

We dont create chances tho on a regular basis. Our final pass or cross is appalling under Mowbray. Not good enough 

But he played much of the first half of last season up front, he played basically all of his first spell up front, and I think the Birmingham spell although no, I didnt watch them every week, believe it or not.

Did he? 

At Birmingham City he played in a long ball team that created few chances under Steve Cotterill from what I read at the time. 

Would you think that Sam Gallagher can be a regular starter as a striker for a side supposedly aiming for the top 6, out of interest?

Depends how you play him within your side. If you are playing 1 up front then no. 2 up front? Maybe. 

And why would we wait until the Norwich game to sack him? It makes no sense, its a nice hope to have but its one that will only frustrate you when it doesnt happen. Venkys wont have a clue that we are even playing Norwich or that there is an international break.

Gives the new guy time to spend putting his tactics, ideas, etc over to the players. 

Its doesnt frustrate me at all. 

Venkys will know everything what is going on at the club. Pasha is over  

14 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

“We haven’t lost a game by more than one goal for a long, long time, it’ll be really interesting to go there and see how we get on against the best team in the division.

Have you ever read anything more pathetic? 

Like yes let's have a reet good go and if we lose then we gave it our best shot. Pathetic attitude 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

“We haven’t lost a game by more than one goal for a long, long time, it’ll be really interesting to go there and see how we get on against the best team in the division.

Have you ever read anything more pathetic? 

TM and Swag will be taking the Minus 1 Goal Handicap league table to Pune then, I take it?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Just getting the excuses in, the guy is unreal he's proper hoisted the white flag recently.

We are a good side because we only lose by odd goals and have better possession stats every game. We aren't far away.

From what exactly ?   Relegation ?

If this was Coyle spewing this there'd be lynch mobs after him all over SM.  And in the ground if they were open.

TM openly admits he gambles with players fitness, despite Rovers having nothing to play for.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19171626.armstrong-comes-unscathed-rovers-gamble/

Your awesome TM, let's try and put both our most valuable players in the treatment room.

1 win in 11, it is all about saving his own skin. Pasha sack him ASAP, Rovers or Venkys 200m + investment is secondary to this guys own needs and desires.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

No idea either way over Pasha’s whereabouts, but does amuse me that some folk are still under the impression that the Rao’s have some sort of Eye of Sauron over the club.

I don't think it matters where Pasha is. I like the analogy, LOTR is one of my favourite film series. I now wonder if we throw Balajis bling into a volcano, whether this nightmare might end. Why on earth after 10 years do some of our fans still cling to hope? 1 win in 11 gets you sacked at every other club on the planet. Madness.

Edited by Ulrich

Just now, Blue blood said:

Aside from the very worrying approach to fitness (all those injuries are looking more and more inevitable by the day) it's his latest praise point that gets me. 

He's boasting of the fact we haven't lost by more than a single goal in ages.

I had to do a double take on this. An achievement isn't winning, or being undefeated, but not loosing by more than a single goal. I mean talk about low standards. Am not sure they can get any lower. 

That's all he's got left. He lived on the fact we were top scorers for most of the season, then it was possession and now it's that we don't get walloped very often. 

Funnily enough, he never mentions results. 

• Like 8