BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

That's all he's got left. He lived on the fact we were top scorers for most of the season, then it was possession and now it's that we don't get walloped very often. 

Funnily enough, he never mentions results. 

Yet if we ever do scrappily win a game results are suddenly all that matter, it’s all “we put the points in the bag and move on”...

Duplicitous our Honourable Tone? Never!

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

That's all he's got left. He lived on the fact we were top scorers for most of the season, then it was possession and now it's that we don't get walloped very often. 

Losing 1-0 all the time means 1) that there's always a defensive mistake in us and 2)we can't score.

Carry on taking points at the current rate and we'll go down. Rotherham have games in hand. We could be saved by Wednesday's points deduction. What a wretched season.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Aside from the very worrying approach to fitness (all those injuries are looking more and more inevitable by the day) it's his latest praise point that gets me. 

He's boasting of the fact we haven't lost by more than a single goal in ages.

I had to do a double take on this. An achievement isn't winning, or being undefeated, but not loosing by more than a single goal. I mean talk about low standards. Am not sure they can get any lower. 

I do, give them time (which they will get from the feckwits in Loon)

32 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Mowbray, the man who claimed to not trust stats preferring what he ''see with my own eyes'' now clings to stats at every opportunity. Pathetic creature whose remaining supporters are those who just can't man up to being wrong.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Nothing to play for?

Fun fact: we are 7 points above relegation when you consider Rotherham have FOUR games in hand on Big Club and Coventry.

There are nine games left and on our current form (5 points from eleven games) we are on track to get a further 4 more points.

I’m very worried that the relegation places are rushing up to meet us - fast - and we are total at the mercy of a manager who seems to have lost the plot and players who won’t even take the games by the scruff of the next DESPITE Mowbray. A big problem when you have no leaders in the entire squad.

In years past there would be a meeting of senior players to work out how they are going to turn things around. We don’t have enough players whose futures are tied to the club enough to care - and Mowbray sets them up for failure and then tells them (through media comments) it’s the pitch or the officials or the fixture pile up!

Feels like we are already relying on other results to go out way.

I can understand your worries Stuart, our form is awful at present and we are playing poorly. Thankfully however we are nowhere near the bottom of the form table.

https://thefishy.co.uk/formtable.php?table=2

I do not believe we will go down, I do think that even with TM leading us, we will somehow get to the required 50 points. I hope I am right (famous last words) and only time will tell, but we have enough about us to avoid the drop. It may well be tight, but we will be safe this year.

When Mowbray came in, there was a lot of goodwill simply because he was not Coyle. Even a still avoidable when he arrived relegation didn't really spoil it and bringing us back up gave him credit in the bank. He's been eating into this steadily year on year and were it possible to protest id be there doing it even though I no longer attend matches. He quite simply HAS to go. There is no honesty or pride in remaining. His reputation is so far damaged that he has none left. Just leave, Tony, and let our team move on. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Armstrong comes through unscathed after Rovers 'gamble' | Lancashire Telegraph

Mowbray again admitting he ignored his medical dept. 

Williams, Travis, Dack, AA.....

The Williams one was total coddswallop imo.  I think he was fit and Mr Human was giving him a game to confirm this to his potential suitors. Comes through a game, all systems go so he's pulled from the rest. Tony takes responsibility for rushing him back knowing full well Fook Off Derek is flying to the States.

No American club is signing an injured oversees player.

These lot run BRFC to suit themselves and their players first and foremost.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

How do you know that? 

My opinion Matty. 

If I knew something I would say according this source, this is what I heard or been told. 

2 hours ago, Ulrich said:

Are our borders not closed.?

It was mention that Pasha is back in the Brockhall thread  last week

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My opinion Matty. 

If I knew something I would say according this source, this is what I heard or been told. 

Ok according to ketchup what do you know 

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

So he’s more or less saying to the players - “ If we lose at Norwich on Saturday by one goal it’ll be a good result and I’ll be content with that “.

He’s an imposter.

and the fans

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

So he’s more or less saying to the players - “ If we lose at Norwich on Saturday by one goal it’ll be a good result and I’ll be content with that “.

He’s an imposter.

Saturday is a free hit for him (although it seems like every game is). Win or draw and he will proclaim it a great result and evidence that we aren't far off. Lose by one goal and it will be another hard luck tale. Even if we get hammered he'll come out and say it's the first time this season and they are top of the league and were in the Premiership last season.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

My opinion Matty. 

Travel to the UK from India, is actually possible at present, according to the government website. 14 days quarantine is required, so he could actually be here. Please Pasha sack them all ASAP 👍

The last time I looked a 1-0 defeat meant no points. Mowbray, in his inimitable way is talking like these losses are some kind of moral victory and some will undoubtedly buy into this because, well, erm Mowbray said it.

To be honest I'm getting to the point where it's all becoming boring now. The complete autonomy he and Waggott have is just no good for any organisation. There is no accountability and as we trundle along they are untouchable as our delightful owners seemingly don't care buy hey, they are signing the cheques so all is right.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I doubt Rotherham could beat us. I'd be amazed if they got anywhere near the 44 points we're on. We're safe because other teams like Rotherham are utter shite. We're just shite.

I think this is my take on it too. Well not Rotherham beating us (that could well happen if they are up for a fight) but that they don't have the ability or consistency to get near our current points total. 

Remember even the shambles of the other night yielded a point for us, dire though it was. We have 2 points more from this run of fixtures than feared already. Don't think that it is at all likely we will go down this season. 

Next season however - now that is grim. No Arms, Elliott or Dack. There's always another Walton or Ayala lurking in TMs recruitment. All in all without a change next year i would be very worried. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ulrich said:

I can understand your worries Stuart, our form is awful at present and we are playing poorly. Thankfully however we are nowhere near the bottom of the form table.

https://thefishy.co.uk/formtable.php?table=2

I do not believe we will go down, I do think that even with TM leading us, we will somehow get to the required 50 points. I hope I am right (famous last words) and only time will tell, but we have enough about us to avoid the drop. It may well be tight, but we will be safe this year.

We are if you click on the '10 game' button in your link. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

We are if you click on the '10 game' button in your link. 

And look at who is at the top of that one, and 2nd in the last 6 - the mighty Barnsley.

Anyway, all that is immaterial. As long as tomorrow we only lose by the odd goal, 1-0 or 2-1 say, & Farke says that we're fecking brilliant, then all is well.

I'm actually reaching the anger point now, it's gone way past frustration.

Somebody just get rid of this absolute helmet!

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Travel to the UK from India, is actually possible at present, according to the government website. 14 days quarantine is required, so he could actually be here. Please Pasha sack them all ASAP 👍

Just out of interest, does anyone actually know how long since he allegedly arrived in the UK. Reason being, if he has to serve 14 days quarantine, maybe his remit is to come and wield the axe, but he's doing it face to face. Not wanting to get folks hopes up as I don't believe it myself, but was just a passing thought as I try and think positively on my 134th day of furlough. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

“We haven’t lost a game by more than one goal for a long, long time, it’ll be really interesting to go there and see how we get on against the best team in the division.

Have you ever read anything more pathetic? 

We haven't won more than one game for a long time either.

• Like 7

That middleman won't be sacking anybody i don't think probably too busy protecting his own cushy number.

They got Senior in to oust Coyle, Lambert walked, Singh was here for the Kean, Berg, Appleton saga.  Only leaves Bowyer, no sure how they sacked him but they did seem to be trying to get him to resign with the stuff leaking to the press, that he'd been sacked weeks before he was.

• Like 1