BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly never said 15 to 20 goals did I? 

Maybe if we played with front 2 in 4-4-2 we might create some chances. Instead of being 3rd in possession stats overall. At least Mowbray has achieved top 6 at something this season. Let's have a party this great achievement 😂

We dont create chances tho on a regular basis. Our final pass or cross is appalling under Mowbray. Not good enough 

Did he? 

At Birmingham City he played in a long ball team that created few chances under Steve Cotterill from what I read at the time. 

Depends how you play him within your side. If you are playing 1 up front then no. 2 up front? Maybe. 

Gives the new guy time to spend putting his tactics, ideas, etc over to the players. 

Its doesnt frustrate me at all. 

Venkys will know everything what is going on at the club. Pasha is over  

What style of play would suit Gallagher if direct football doesnt? Technically he is a donkey, not overly fast, what suits him?

Our tactics may be curious but Armstrong and when he played Dack both manage to score plenty of goals, because they are goalscorers. Goalscorers tend to score goals regardless. Rhodes scored plenty in some really shit teams.

Your mockery of Mowbray is hilarious and when he goes into next season probably still managing us, I suspect it will all be locked away and never seen again.

I would have sacked him long ago but sadly I dont anticipate it anytime soon.

• Like 1

So he's going back to December with that yet still no plan B, presumably because things improved in Jan for a bit. Then back to square one but didn't he say the other day i'm the manager it' up to me to figure a way to win games ?

In that case still no plan B just keep working on the law of averages and once in a while something drops for us ?

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

What style of play would suit Gallagher if direct football doesnt? Technically he is a donkey, not overly fast, what suits him?

Our tactics may be curious but Armstrong and when he played Dack both manage to score plenty of goals, because they are goalscorers. Goalscorers tend to score goals regardless. Rhodes scored plenty in some really shit teams.

Your mockery of Mowbray is hilarious and when he goes into next season probably still managing us, I suspect it will all be locked away and never seen again.

I would have sacked him long ago but sadly I dont anticipate it anytime soon.

Looks at how and when he scores goals like crossing into the box. Him and Armstrong as front 2. 

Would I sign Gallagher in the 1st place? No I wouldnt.

Dack has scored a couple of goals since returning from his 1 st injury. Now he is out for at least 12 months now. 

Hopefully Mowbray will be gone soon and at least by end of the season, so we can rebuild this squad under a new manager/head coach

Will go down as one of the worst ever managers imho ... will love to wipe out the memory of his years in charge .. just a nothing 2/3 years .. absolute nothingness .. 

some ways Venkys are to blame for not being ruthless ... but why say things like I won’t be a burden then be one .... one thing I don’t understand is why managers never change there Backroom staff .. they go through 2-3 left backs in there tenor and prob in each position but never there coaches .. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Exactly. Coward's football.

Cowards football? Not sure about that.

TBH some of the passing and movement is excellent, but as everyone knows Mowbray has changed to that style of play - but doesn’t know, or hasn’t built a squad - that can turn that into winning football. 

His comments in the press suggest that he’s just hoping things will change. To him there’s not much wrong. 90% of it is good, which it might be, but can he turn this squad, with this current way of playing, into a team that can score much more freely? For me that’s easy - No, he can’t. Could he replace the players we lose over the closed season, continue with this style, add some goal scoring threat on top and develop it into a successful team? Again, no I don’t think he could.

I can’t see how he can succeed. I don’t think he has the answers.

• Like 6

It's a failed experiment that's what it is it's taken us backwards rapidly no matter how he dresses it up.

The stubborness of a dinosaur means he'll die trying to make it work, much like his signing of Gallagher. And i agree with the cowards football analogy iv'e always thought he isn't a brave manager.

That's why he will never push us where we need to be going he's too comfortable doing what he's doing now. Hiding behind this possession stuff when he knows we aren't good enough but the alternative is either percentage football or a more high tempo aggressive style.  The one that actually suits us better but is difficult to implement game in game out.

This is just how the old Crewe style was, pretty sideways and backwards stuff, easy to put in young players and rotate others around. Sit nice and safe in the middle of the division often in touching distance of the top 6 and trading on that.

That's what these lot want here as it suits their capabilities and agenda.

He knows damn well the stuff he's doing won't be good enough to get near the play offs.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Ulrich said:

Travel to the UK from India, is actually possible at present, according to the government website. 14 days quarantine is required, so he could actually be here. Please Pasha sack them all ASAP 👍

Even if he couldn't enter the UK, so long as the phones are working that's all we need. Sack him by carrier pigeon for all I care, just get the goon out before he does any more damage e.g leaving the rest of the squad sidelined for next season

• Like 2

2 hours ago, den said:

Cowards football? Not sure about that.

It's easy passing the ball around midfield, never committing men forward. Anyone can do that, anyone can play it safe. 

Not losing by many is a win in Tony's world.

Coward's football. 

2 hours ago, den said:

TBH some of the passing and movement is excellent,

Teams sit back and let us do it. We offer no threat so they let us have the ball. If the passing and moving was excellent we'd be cutting through teams and making chances. In the games I've seen that rarely, if ever, happens. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

It's easy passing the ball around midfield, never committing men forward. Anyone can do that, anyone can play it safe. 

Not losing by many is a win in Tony's world.

Coward's football. 

Teams sit back and let us do it. We offer no threat so they let us have the ball. If the passing and moving was excellent we'd be cutting through teams and making chances. In the games I've seen that rarely, if ever, happens. 

A lot of fans think the passing and movement is excellent. It actually creates barely any chances, it's terrible. Talk about completely getting the wrong end of the stick with a philosophy. We're largely ineffective going forward, badly organised and can't defend - these issues should have cost a group of people their jobs 4 months ago, maybe even 12 months ago.

The reality is when we're winning a game which is now very rare, we aren't capable of keeping the ball because the opposition isn't willing to let us.

Some fans have been absolutely fooled.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Southside Rover said:

Even if he couldn't enter the UK, so long as the phones are working that's all we need. Sack him by carrier pigeon for all I care, just get the goon out before he does any more damage e.g leaving the rest of the squad sidelined for next season

If the Venkys did business like normal people he would have been. But alas they clearly haven't heard of the Internet or phones, as the last few years display.

• Like 1

I think some people are getting the wrong end of what I’m saying about our style of play. 

All I’m trying say is that some of the passing and movement is technically very good and I stand by that. It is good to see a rovers team try to play the passing game from the back. There’s enough criticism from the fans when we’re playing long ball after long ball.

This is turgid stuff though. We are stereotyped, nothing changes from one minute, to one game, to one week. It’s hopeless stuff I agree.

Nor do I believe Mowbray can develop us beyond where it’s at now.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

• Like 1

On 19/03/2021 at 11:39, Meesh said:

Managers that talk about "attractive" football and endear themselves to the owners have elongated tenures at Rovers. If they've done both of those, they then get a huge leeway with excuses for failure. That's basically why Kean lasted for so long, and is why Mowbray is lasting for so long right now.

But then the hierarchy is all wrong at the club. A CEO should be objective and have the authority to make decisions upon those below them based on the state of affairs on the pitch. Waggott's appointment absolutely stinks given that both he and Mowbray worked together at Coventry. Absolutely no chance in hell will one recommend that the other should go.

Assuming our owners aren't going to go away any time soon, the biggest positive decision they could make is by appointing a CEO with objectiveness and authority. At the moment, the manager has far too much power balanced in his favour, just as Kean did.

Until then, Suhail is our only hope. God help us.

Exactly!

Pasha was a 'Chauffeur come taxi driver' in 2011, how come his rise in prominence and is now somehow seen as OUR saviour?

You're having a laugh!....

(not aimed at you btw, I agree with your post, just stating a fact.)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Do you know his background of Suhail Pasha and why Venkys trust him? 

No, I don't chaddy.

I do know however, that when Ian Battersby and Ian Currie went to Pune in 2011, Suhail Pasha was at their disposal for the duration of their stay, as their chauffeur.

• Like 1

Just now, darrenrover said:

No, I don't chaddy.

I do know however, that when Ian Battersby and Ian Currie went to Pune in 2011, Suhail Pasha was at their disposal for the duration of their stay, as their chauffeur.

Suhail has worked his way up within the business - he may have been driving the car, but he wasn’t a chauffeur. I imagine he was reporting back to Venkys what they where discussing. Keep your enemies close, as they say. 

Regardless, he now personally runs many of Venkys businesses - including Rovers - alongside Balaji. He’s his right hand man - he’s one of the few that are explicitly trusted to get the job done. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, J*B said:

Suhail has worked his way up within the business - he may have been driving the car, but he wasn’t a chauffeur. I imagine he was reporting back to Venkys what they where discussing. Keep your enemies close, as they say. 

Regardless, he now personally runs many of Venkys businesses - including Rovers - alongside Balaji. He’s his right hand man - he’s one of the few that are explicitly trusted to get the job done. 

I'm well versed at doing the bit in bold!

Why do you think 'they' may have considered the 2 Ians as "enemies", when they were in Pune at the invitation of Balaji Rao?.........Who do you think that 'they' are?

Edited by darrenrover

9 minutes ago, J*B said:

Thanks JB for that post