BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

It seems beyond naive and ignorant to think that with owners as stubborn, negligent and disinterested as ours, who managed to toally ignore years of mass protests when Kean was in situ, that merely "starting" with Suhails phone number or even tweeting him interviews with out of work managers is going to make a blind bit of difference!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It seems beyond naive and ignorant to think that with owners as stubborn, negligent and disinterested as ours, who managed to toally ignore years of mass protests when Kean was in situ, that merely "starting" with Suhails phone number or even tweeting him interviews with out of work managers is going to make a blind bit of difference!

It's probably better than banging your head on a brick wall, which appears to be the only alternative. 

I made the mistake of reading the views of some Rovers fans on twitter today - happy with the owners, happy with Mowbray, happy with the world. Absolutely frightening. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

That sounds more like Nixon taking a high percentage flyer - the influx of foreign managers into the Championship is a trend plus old-stagers like McCarthy and Warnock aren’t looking. I think where he might be on the money was his story about Ayala being Mowbray’s epitaph. If I’d have been the one who approved the expenditure on a recruitment dept., and was approached by a manager wanting to overrule their recos and go back to his Boro pool, I’d have said “Are you sure you want to do this? Well, you’d better be right.” And he wasn’t. Being trusted is great till you bet that trust on an expensive, injury-prone striker.

I remember reading that but was it ever confirmed it was Mowbray. I know it all fitted in with the ayala signing but was unsure whether it could have applied to other signings by other clubs. 

1 hour ago, PeteJD13 said:

The thing is nixon must have been leaked the foreign manager story, that won’t have come from Waggott. They might like Mowbray I suspect they’d like to be in premier league more 

Or he went through the HSH client list and came up with Sami Hyypia as the most likely option.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I don’t see the structure as much different to a lot of foreign owned clubs. CEOs are, by definition, paid employees, who answer to someone else. What was unusual was Williams having the latitude that he did, because the then owners were completely disinterested. Balaji’s son taking over might even by a good thing (or a less bad thing) 

I’m not particularly arsed who’s running things or what title they have, just strikes me as anything but transparent that the main man at the club, indeed the only person with executive power by the sounds of it, is completely in the shadows  - that isn’t the norm with foreign owned clubs.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Just now, Dolly blue said:

We could do worse....he’s had no money, made to sell anything of quality and hampered by Ridsdale “ hands on “.....compare this to Mowbray ....

......and, he doesn’t plod, he doesn’t gurn , he actually speaks on the touchline....and he doesn’t mention “ journey “ ....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

It's probably better than banging your head on a brick wall, which appears to be the only alternative. 

I made the mistake of reading the views of some Rovers fans on twitter today - happy with the owners, happy with Mowbray, happy with the world. Absolutely frightening. 

Mowbray should go now whilst he's flying high.

A 1-1 draw against Norwich leaving us rooted to 15th.

FittingCloseBoto-small.gif.b4b321d98b323129c64376c1c90237db.gif

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

....and, on North End message board they would be interested in Mowbray !!!!.. OMG 😱 

The "Unconditionally Mowbray" fan club would combust if that ever happened.

Please let it happen.

• Like 9

I'd be all over a swap with Neil for Mowbray just for a new voice and a bit more aggression.

Sums that lot up and their gynormous Rovers sized chips on their shoulders that they'd want a guy who's achieved less with more than Neil has done with them. He's got them punching way above their current weight.

Clowns.

• Like 4

I see quite a lot of No-benders angry at this and blaming Ridsale, saying he's a good manager but what can they expect selling their best players.

That'll be Mowbrays next excuse here once the summer sales have taken their toll.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

ToMo doesn't make the top 30 in the odds for replacement

https://www.thesackrace.com/teams/preston-north-end

In a fantasy world where Mowbray actually gets sacked, would we be looking at a similar list ?

No Cowley on there and not too many foreign managers listed.

No way Preston would go for Ferguson again. I can see them going for Appleton or Derek Adams.

If that were a list of Potential Rovers Managers I'd plump for Ainsworth