BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Guy covering Norwich v Blackburn Rovers on Soccer Saturday said the players late in second half would set Mowbray in good stead for next season. 7 of said players are either loans or out of contract. Get Mowbray out of here to give a new management team time to assess what we've got here. Summer's too late, players we want to keep will have gone elsewhere.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

In a fantasy world where Mowbray actually gets sacked, would we be looking at a similar list ?

No Cowley on there and not too many foreign managers listed.

No way Preston would go for Ferguson again. I can see them going for Appleton or Derek Adams.

If that were a list of Potential Rovers Managers I'd plump for Ainsworth

Wouldn't pay too much attention to that list, it's been compiled by the bookies to relieve mug punters of their money.

Cowley has just gone in at Portsmouth until the end of the season so is temporarily unavailable.

Whilst some of the list makes pretty grim reading, there are still 2 names that stand out Bilic and Jokanovic and I'd take a few more on there over Mowbray as well.

3 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

ToMo doesn't make the top 30 in the odds for replacement

https://www.thesackrace.com/teams/preston-north-end

Not a surprise - it's not part of the narrative.

When we were on SKY a few weeks ago - besides it being the Brentford show [despite us being at home] - there wasn't a sniff of talk about perhaps Mowbray's job was in jeopardy. This was deep into another death spiral.

He's got it stitched up somehow. 

2 hours ago, broadsword said:

Is it just me, or does Eddie hiwe look a bit like Nichola sturgeon? Michael Appleton?! Farking heck. What henning berg doing these days? 

I've always thought he looks like a talking action man my son used to have

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JacknOry said:

id swap Neil for TM in a second. The guy had no money to spend, ours did - yet look at the table.

I wonder what he could have done with 12 million ?

Providing he was the one allowed to spend it of course.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, J*B said:

There’s people on this site that are 10 years deep into investigating Venkys and Rovers. @glen9mullanspent years looking at it, ending with his family being targeted with the club. @Kamy100has been working alongside journalists for the best part of a decade and has some really shocking stories of threats he’s had. If they’re at a 7 or 8 on ‘the truth of Venkys time at Rovers’ scale, I would describe myself as at 3. And by that all I mean is I understand how the business works. For the sake of transparency, I’ve put it below:

Venkys

They’re absolutely wadded - Billions on top of Billions, mostly through the chicken business set up by their father, but they’ve also personally made a tonne of money buying land around India, which has significantly gone up in value.   
Rovers is Balaji’s investment. He loves the idea of investing in interesting businesses. He owns a football club, a music production company, a film company. Those are the circles he enjoys to be in. His son is very interested in Rovers and one day, the plan is for it to be his. 

Venkys Staff involved at Rovers

Suhail Pasha, who has worked for the family since 2009 in a whole host of roles. He started off relatively low in the business but has done well and now has Balaji’s support. He does a whole host of jobs but is trusted to run Balaji’s investments and make decisions on his behalf. He’s well trusted and in the inner circle. He is currently living in the area and running Rovers, reporting directly back to Balaji. 

Gandhi Babu, he works between Zurich and Pune and manages Balaji’s group of investments of which Rovers is one. He’s trusted by Balaji and reports back to him on the progress of his investments individually and as a group. If you have a business and want investment from Venkys, you speak to Babu who decides whether it is worth it and if so, recommends it back up the ladder. 

Rovers management 

Balaji trusts Mowbray because he thinks he’s honest. He’s been stung before by people taking advantage and he doesn’t think Mowbray is doing. So he has his support. 

To fulfil EFL requirements you must have someone they deem to be up to standard as CEO and FD. Mowbray was asked for recommendations on who could fit these roles, in came Waggott as CEO. They fulfil their obligations within the club but ultimately Waggott reports to Pasha and Cheston reports to Babu. Key decisions (from money to on the pitch) are taken by Pasha and Babu. 

Do you not think that the mistake the people "investigating" the owners made, particularly at the beginning, was to automatically assume that they were either doing something illegal or at the very least acting in breach of FA regulations?

Should that investigation not have focused instead on the people the owners trusted in good faith to run the Club on their behalf? Whilst nothing illegal or contrary to regulations may have occurred, it seems a lot of people have benefitted over the years at the Club's and ultimately the owners' expense.

And, ten years on, is that scrutiny not more vital than ever? Particularly in view of Waggott's ludicrous proposal to flog off part of our infrastructure?

Same old script, different personnel?

• Like 4

I wouldn’t want Alex Neil. He only did well with the players he inherited. Has actually had more cash to spend than most other PNE managers and lost some players at Christmas but made their record signing too!

His signings have been as piss poor as his tactics. Next.

“I don’t think it was too different from what we’ve been doing every week, yet we’ve been losing 1-0 and we could have lost that 1-0 had Sam not headed that one into the net, and the questions would have kept coming about how we haven’t won enough football matches"

But since we drew the game, there won't be any questions about how we're not winning enough? 

🤔 

🤔 🤔 

what is this flipping maniac smoking? 

• Like 2

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19177008.tony-mowbray-feels-tide-starting-turn-rovers/

It's ok, tables are turning. We are drawing games, it's all good. Move along ,nothing to see here

So anyway, that puts to bed any fleeting hope of Tony being an honourable man after not achieving his targets. He's sticking it out,no matter what. Chancer. 

• Like 3

Indeed, it was never ‘naivety’.

Putting full trust in people that are clever enough to put the hard yards in with them in building personal relationships is how they operate, accordingly they are then given the keys to the castle - that’s simply their approach to business, as ridiculous and potentially ruinous it may seem to us...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Indeed, it was never ‘naivety’.

Putting full trust in people that are clever enough to put the hard yards in with them in building personal relationships is how they operate, accordingly they are then given the keys to the castle - that’s simply their approach to business, as ridiculous and potentially ruinous it may seem to us...

Completely agree - and it's happening again now as far as I can see, but is that not almost the definition of "naivety"?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kamy100 said:

I think that you are right, we got too involved in looking for dodgy dealings and breaches, possibly because of the involvement of a certain agent and people running the cliub, maybe the focus should have also been put on the Walker Family.  

I stopped looking into these things many years ago, I was just going around in circles, there was constant legal threats from IPS Lawyers (they represented a certain agent) and threats like one letter that promised "to warm things up with a little fire" all of which started to affect my family/professional life (the "journalism" was only ever a part time thing and was fun as I used to find out transfer stories etc pre-venky's") so I walked away from it all and it is was the best decision I have made.

Looking back, again you are right, a lot of people have made money at the club's expense.  There have been people who managed to get involved in the club's decision making process, who were about self interest and did not have the club's best interests at heart, millions have been wasted.  People say Venky's were naive, I do not believe that, they continued to trust those people when it was blatently obvious that they advice that they were giving was harming the club and costing a fortune and they refused to listen to people offering them sensible advice.

Some attention does need to be turned onto the Walker Trust, they have played a part in this, they were so desperate to sell and did not do any due diligence on perspective owners which why people like Ahsan Ali Syed (who ended up bankrupting Racing Santandar), Saurin Shah and then ultimately Venkys.  They have got off relatively scot-free but they do need to acknowledge the part that they have played in the destructions of Jack's Legacy.

Very honest reply.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Kamy100 said:

Some attention does need to be turned onto the Walker Trust, they have played a part in this, they were so desperate to sell and did not do any due diligence on perspective owners which why people like Ahsan Ali Syed (who ended up bankrupting Racing Santandar), Saurin Shah and then ultimately Venkys.  They have got off relatively scot-free but they do need to acknowledge the part that they have played in the destructions of Jack's Legacy.

Do the Walker's family even care about Jack's legacy now? 

Doesn't Jack Walker's daughter still live local and married to Richard Matthewman?

38 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Completely agree - and it's happening again now as far as I can see, but is that not almost the definition of "naivety"?

I suppose it is, but they do it willingly and with eyes wide open from previous stings. 

They either don't learn or they don't care.

Naiivety to me is a lack of experience leading to poor decision-making.

This is poor decision-making and an almost complete lack of oversight. Seems like an attitude of "don't bring me your problems, just tell me when it's sorted."

It's difficult to imagine a worse set of owners. Ken Richardson, George Reynolds maybe. But that was Donny and Darlo. You're talking about Blackburn Rovers here, "to be handled with care".

So, thank you very much Walker Trust, you've done Jack proud. Passed us on to very capable hands. Totally bang-up copaceptic job. Well done, lads.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/263947.stm

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/18736405.former-darlington-fc-chairman-george-reynolds-go-trial-next-year/

Edited by broadsword