BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Just now, pentelrobot said:

She said that many of the people she had contacted had said the same thing.

Interesting.

Just now, pentelrobot said:

I would not be renewing if Mowbray was still in charge, as I would not be prepared to watch turgid football week in week out.

I'll be saying the exact same thing...as well as mentioning his 'performance-based' bullshit. 

• Like 1

It's such a shame when it comes to that as in spells they can play some decent stuff. It just isn't suited to this squad if they want to do anything more than tread water in the lower half of the division.

Some time back now just as i predicted Mowbray changed tack and wrote off a top 6 challenge in favour of banging on about the kids and journeys etc. He's an old hand at shifting the goalposts he's had enough practice when he's turned wine into water before.

I don't like his brand of possession football it's too slow and predictable and it doesn't suit some of those trying to play it. Certainly not in the positions he puts them but he's been hiding behind the 'kids' line and having to rotate because of all the games for ages. He quite simply doesn't know the best 11 of his squad available to win games it's as simple as that.

So he throws as many factors into every equation as he can in an attempt to blind everyone. Got to say its still working on a lot of folk so i reckon the overall reaction might be quite even.

For me the football hasn't been that bad mostly but it just isn't effective and the proof, stats, facts or whatever anyone wants to call them are there for all to see. Results and league position. 

Not really sure the fans opinion matters much at all at Ewood though once you get beyond what passes for a boardroom. I wonder if this is someone trying to gather enough evidence to present a case for change ?

OR if it's Waggots doing more like the opposite -- new contracts.  I hope they were recording the calls !

• Like 6

2 hours ago, pentelrobot said:

Don't know if this is the right thread to post this comment, but here goes. I have just had a telephone call from the club, a young lady asking how I was. She said they were contacting all season ticket holders to ask how they were. I told her that I had watched every game this season on iFollow and she asked if I had enjoyed them. Needless to say, I told her that the football was, for the most part, dreadful to watch and that in my opinion this was all down to the manager's tactics. She said that many of the people she had contacted had said the same thing. Although she did not ask if I would be renewing my ST, I volunteered the comment tnat having been a season ticket holder for 58 years, I would not be renewing if Mowbray was still in charge, as I would not be prepared to watch turgid football week in week out.

I can only hope that if enough ST holders say the same as I have, maybe the message will get back to the owners. We can only hope, but I am not holding my breath.....interestingly, she said she had not watched any of the games this season which leads me to suspect that she is employed by a PR company to make all the right noises. A desperate throw of the dice by SW?

Great post....can’t wait for my call ....at least I feel that I can have some sort of “ voice”....I have written my response to make sure I leave nothing unsaid ....Whilst Mowbray remains ...I remain in lockdown 

3 hours ago, pentelrobot said:

Don't know if this is the right thread to post this comment, but here goes. I have just had a telephone call from the club, a young lady asking how I was. She said they were contacting all season ticket holders to ask how they were. I told her that I had watched every game this season on iFollow and she asked if I had enjoyed them. Needless to say, I told her that the football was, for the most part, dreadful to watch and that in my opinion this was all down to the manager's tactics. She said that many of the people she had contacted had said the same thing. Although she did not ask if I would be renewing my ST, I volunteered the comment tnat having been a season ticket holder for 58 years, I would not be renewing if Mowbray was still in charge, as I would not be prepared to watch turgid football week in week out.

I can only hope that if enough ST holders say the same as I have, maybe the message will get back to the owners. We can only hope, but I am not holding my breath.....interestingly, she said she had not watched any of the games this season which leads me to suspect that she is employed by a PR company to make all the right noises. A desperate throw of the dice by SW?

Vote with your feet..it's going to be the only way.

Respect to you Sir after 58 loyal years.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, pentelrobot said:

You can't get more to the point and fairer than that. 

I would doubt those customer service drones feedback any of that though, or are even invited to do so. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

If that is a PR operation making the calls then any decent PR outfit will be able to sift through the responses and present their 'employers' with whatever they are looking for.

That's how it works.

Well it's happening for a reason and most likely been ordered by the CEO. Who else down there would think of that ?

So i think we'll know which way it's likely to be spun.

• Like 1

as a non season ticket holder i am seriously unmotivated spending 25 quid on a saturday to watch mowbrays brand of pointless,possesion football that does`nt actually achieve anything but bore the pants off you,in fact instead of looking forward to saturday afternoon i now look at it and think of either going fishing or spending it in the bookies,it`s only a completely misguided sense of loyalty that makes me walk up and down livesey branch road😖

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

If that is a PR operation making the calls then any decent PR outfit will be able to sift through the responses and present their 'employers' with whatever they are looking for.

That's how it works.

A lot of truth in that, the outcome when it is sent off to the V's will be

Dear Mrs Desai, Hubby Desia, Confused and Barry

Hope all is well and you are enjoying the cricket

Prior to our eagerly awaited trip to India in the summer (fingers crossed), I instructed a market research company (Easymoney Ltd) to judge the opinion of season ticket holders on the current part of "the Journey"

The findings are below

Love

Del Boy SWAG xxxxxx 

Outcome of market research conducted on behalf of the Self Preservation Society , Covenbrough Branch

Research conducted  March 23rd through to April 6th 2021. Direct questions were not made to recipients instead the "have a chat generalisation statistics method " was used  (formulation noted below) as requested by the branch manager TM , who also requested the use of a drone to be used as apparently this makes things better.

Findings

1) * From the data it is assumed that  95% of those contacted would love to buy a new house on the former Rovers academy site and are in favour of the scheme *- 

2) From the data it is assumed that  100% of those contacted  would state that once the housing on the acadmey site goes ahead the rest of Jack's legacy and his statue should  be "respected" in the same  way   (see finding 6)

3) From the data it is assumed that  100% of those contacted believe Steve Waggot is doing a wonderful job and deserves a pay rise of no less than 50% of his current salary

4) From the data it is assumed that 100% of those contacted prefer to watch defenders passing the ball about for twenty minutes before conceding a goal, than winning matches.

5) From the data it is assumed that of those contacted 100% of female respondents would love to have TM's baby but only 95% of male respondents would turn gay for TM **

6) From the data it is assumed that of those contacted 100% wish to see TM complete the journey with a 25 year contract and a statue built honoring him holding the Third Division runners up trophy .

The above conclusions are reached by the following formula

(how many times they have watched a game on ifollow) x  ( words in reply) x ( first three numbers in telephone number.) x (Tone of reply) x (If they said hello when answering) + 50% (weighting of  wanted outcome) 

* The assumption is that the 5% of respondents who would not buy a new home on the academy site would be because they don't fancy moving from their current home but would be in favour of the scheme regardless.

**The club as stated that they will be looking into the 5% who said they would not, as part of the clubs respect campaign, as homophobia as no place within the club and it's support

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You can't get more to the point and fairer than that. 

I would doubt those customer service drones feedback any of that though, or are even invited to do so. 

They are probably making the calls in alphabetical order as my surname begins with B.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ulrich said:

Bloody international breaks, I'd kinda hoped he would have been canned by now.

Should have been - perfect opportunity for it at a normal club. Now we still have him, and now lots our head of recruitment too. Summer is going to be interesting.

If Mowbray was sacked on the 20th after the Norwich game even if it took a month to find his replacement that still leaves a decent few games to evaluate the squad and hit the ground running for the summer recruitment.

What might happen is Mowbray goes at the end of the season (I highly doubt he will) then by the time a replacement is found the summer window will be all but over and will go into the start of the season with the shambles of a squad (more defensively) Mowbray has left behind.

What I think will almost certainly happen and also the worst case scenario is Mowbray lumbers on talking his same old shite. Another season of nothingness.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Should have been - perfect opportunity for it at a normal club. Now we still have him, and now lots our head of recruitment too. Summer is going to be interesting.

I'm not going to tolerate TM over the summer, it will be groundhog day all over again. Defenders are coming, 2-3 ex Boro players, we're aiming for the play offs, I spent 10m on him for the future or lalalala. If he is still here I will abstain from rovers till the first game of the season.

On 30/03/2021 at 14:01, pentelrobot said:

It's clear Waggot and co have incentivised the owners with a completely different agenda. To the point that results and performances no longer matter. If there's somebody around offering to make them money, necessary footballing decisions i.e. firing Mowbray and finding a good manager will be totally neglected. There's something they like the sound of and it isn't promotion, trophies and a full Ewood Park.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
50 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

LT back to a Paywall or at least registering.

Not for me thanks. Not a penny and I don't want to be junked.

How will I cope with not reading badly written shite by Rovers staff journos.

In private browsing, no dramas.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Just more excuses from him....

having seen their substancial amount of rupees spent by mowbray achieve not very much,they`ll have pulled the plug on his spending and i can`t blame them on this issue,we are in the same position we were five seasons ago,despite tony  spending a hell of a lot of money,i really do think he`s under the cosh in a big way and expect him to announce that he`s standing down at the end of the season,no doubt he`ll go with a fanfare from the telegraph and his facebook fan boys,those of us who deal in reality know he`s a poor coach and a poor man manager