BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

If passing it around in our own half, creating no chances and conceding sloppy goals every game is ‘high intensity’, then I’d hate to see us once our levels drop...

Personally I'm wondering what would have to happen for TM to get worried. I'll admit I've a morbid curiosity as to what might cause that as it's clearly not defeats, lack of goals or performances.

It's actuay kind of sad that he has over stayed his welcome to the point a lot of good he did, is now been forgotten. 

Let's be honest though. He's waiting on a pay off. Every manager does it. He's not going to resign  The difference is most owners are clued in and offer the "mutual termination" fudge. Not these pricks though. 

Been thinking since pre Christmas how short sighted it's been bringing in a different system this year .

When last summer it was obvious, if this season went ahead, there would be less rest time and degraded pitches to overcome.

Finally he's said they didn't see it coming

"trying to play high intensity football in a season where the games are coming every three days. 

“As a manager you have to take that on the chin. Did we foresee how this season was going to unfold? Probably not.

This though if no longer an issue as we can't even manage high intensity or pressing at the moment, together with possession , shots, control, confidence,goals , wins 

Edited by slowmo
Spelling
  • Like 1

They're young men, no different than any other 'team' in any other walk of business life...they need leadership, organising and motivating.

The fact that they are extremely well renumerated is an irrelevance, they still are what they are and need what any other team of young lads need...fucking leadership!

I will never forget Mowbray sat with a snood on against PNE...motionless, without passion and frankly, fucking pathetic. How can these young lads look up to that?!

And Mowbray is backed up by who?....Venus? WTF does he ever do?

This last few weeks have just made me absolutely sick to the pit of my stomach....just fuck off Coventrio!!

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 1

The irony is the system he’s brought in is a similar (the same) system he attempted in league one. A system by his own admission he had to change to get results. It didn’t work in league one but bound to work in the championship.

Thick as mince our Tone. Bless him. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, matt83 said:

The irony is the system he’s brought in is a similar (the same) system he attempted in league one. A system by his own admission he had to change to get results. It didn’t work in league one but bound to work in the championship.

Thick as mince our Tone. Bless him. 

He lost plan A when Graham's legs finally went then of course Dacks injury last season. His answer to DG getting old was to get BB and Gallagher with an eye on changing the system.

Quickly realized that was never going to work so decided in his wisdom last season to use transition to possession based game as his excuse. This seasons seeds where sown long ago and it was unlikely to yield much covid/injuries or not.

He's ballsed it up when there was no need to other than his own two dud signings. He's been trying to cover those two up for 2 seasons now.

Edited by tomphil

59 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Personally I'm wondering what would have to happen for TM to get worried. I'll admit I've a morbid curiosity as to what might cause that as it's clearly not defeats, lack of goals or performances.

The only difference between us winning and losing is how united or divided our fanbase becomes.

I genuinely thought we would win today. Nailed on. Simply because a defeat today was unthinkable. It happened anyway and the apathy is palpable. From manager, from players and from fans.

He simply has to go. How on earth are Venkys so impotent on this? This isn’t their first rodeo at this point. 10 years in and nothing appears to have changed.

2 minutes ago, LDRover said:

I'm coming  round to thinking they're deliberately decimating the fanbase so they can tell the owners to flog Ewood as it's too big for us and to  build a 'state of the art' 10,000 capacity shoebox at Whitebirk.

i thought about that when they first took over,appointed the crook anderson,fired big sam and put the scottish moron in charge,why buy a premier product then ruin it,unless you had some ulterior motive,i only hope that ewood is a community asset that can`t be sold

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i thought about that when they first took over,appointed the crook anderson,fired big sam and put the scottish moron in charge,why buy a premier product then ruin it,unless you had some ulterior motive,i only hope that ewood is a community asset that can`t be sold

Ten years and £200m is a very long game to play for assets that probably don’t scrape 10% of the outlay. It’s tempting to look at ulterior motives because it seems to make no sense, but Ockham’s Razor tells us that they’re just in way over their heads and too proud to acknowledge it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Ten years and £200m is a very long game to play for assets that probably don’t scrape 10% of the outlay. It’s tempting to look at ulterior motives because it seems to make no sense, but Ockham’s Razor tells us that they’re just in way over their heads and too proud to acknowledge it.

your`e probably right,it might be an indian trate that to admit defeat  is not acceptable,especially after the money they`ve spent

25 minutes ago, LDRover said:

I'm coming  round to thinking they're deliberately decimating the fanbase so they can tell the owners to flog Ewood as it's too big for us and to  build a 'state of the art' 10,000 capacity shoebox at Whitebirk.

Well let's shove it where the sun don't shine!... Unite and when we're all let lose again, 20k+ on Ewood, all venting their spleen!

This is off-topic but it’s probably worth acknowledging that under the current guidance at C-suite and playing staff management, the fat lady is warming her vocal cords.

This has happened before in football and it happens a huge amount in business. People really do run businesses into the ground and take a whacking great salary doing it. It’s never truly clear if they know they’re doing it but the result is always the same.

None of us can blame the playing squad so much, really. They’re a target of ire and that’s part and parcel of their jobs, but on an operational level, their responsibilities only go so far. To an extent, none of us can even blame the manager or the executives, because their salaries are easy money. You keep dancing until the music stops and all the grown ups (if you can even call them that) have gone home.

Call it what it is; we were bought by novices as a vanity project, from a family of trustafarians desperate to cash out their inheritance, allowed to descend into ‘basket case’ status and the end has all been prolonged by a seemingly endless stream of face-saving cash from owners who don’t know when to fold.

It’s nice to fantasise about how things might change (I really leaned into the positive start at the beginning of the year and ate my humble pie a while ago) because we all fundamentally care so much about the club. It’s deep for us, it’s always going to be different for us. Pretty much all of us would have resigned before now if we were in Mowbray’s position, but we’re not. It’s different for us because our investment isn’t contingent on however many thousands of pounds a week land in our bank accounts. We’re all paying out for the privilege of following the team.

But speaking objectively, the cracks are being papered over with money from the owners and you’ve got to wonder how low that pile will be allowed to go before the cracks are instead allowed to grow and they abandon it.

In that case - if I’m right in thinking - the holding company goes into administration and therefore the club. Brockhall sale will be worth some money, hence the likely need to get it moving quickly. Goes to paying off any preferred creditors, maybe even in advance. I think Ewood isn’t that desirable as an asset, given the entire of the surrounding area’s infrastructure is basically built around it, so it probably “stays” somehow.

All of this is to say that in that case, someone swoops in on a pennies-to-the-pound basis and this particular nightmare is  over, although whoever picks up a former basket case club in administration better be in it for the genuine love of that particular club and with money they would otherwise have actually set fire to, because it might be a devil we don’t want to get to know.

Anyway, I play the Euromillions, so if I win I promise I’ll be the total idiot who swoops in and wastes it all on this particularly cruel mistress.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

This is off-topic but it’s probably worth acknowledging that under the current guidance at C-suite and playing staff management, the fat lady is warming her vocal cords.

This has happened before in football and it happens a huge amount in business. People really do run businesses into the ground and take a whacking great salary doing it. It’s never truly clear if they know they’re doing it but the result is always the same.

None of us can blame the playing squad so much, really. They’re a target of ire and that’s part and parcel of their jobs, but on an operational level, their responsibilities only go so far. To an extent, none of us can even blame the manager or the executives, because their salaries are easy money. You keep dancing until the music stops and all the grown ups (if you can even call them that) have gone home.

Call it what it is; we were bought by novices as a vanity project, from a family of trustafarians desperate to cash out their inheritance, allowed to descend into ‘basket case’ status and the end has all been prolonged by a seemingly endless stream of face-saving cash from owners who don’t know when to fold.

It’s nice to fantasise about how things might change (I really leaned into the positive start at the beginning of the year and ate my humble pie a while ago) because we all fundamentally care so much about the club. It’s deep for us, it’s always going to be different for us. Pretty much all of us would have resigned before now if we were in Mowbray’s position, but we’re not. It’s different for us because our investment isn’t contingent on however many thousands of pounds a week land in our bank accounts. We’re all paying out for the privilege of following the team.

But speaking objectively, the cracks are being papered over with money from the owners and you’ve got to wonder how low that pile will be allowed to go before the cracks are instead allowed to grow and they abandon it.

In that case - if I’m right in thinking - the holding company goes into administration and therefore the club. Brockhall sale will be worth some money, hence the likely need to get it moving quickly. Goes to paying off any preferred creditors, maybe even in advance. I think Ewood isn’t that desirable as an asset, given the entire of the surrounding area’s infrastructure is basically built around it, so it probably “stays” somehow.

All of this is to say that in that case, someone swoops in on a pennies-to-the-pound basis and this particular nightmare is  over, although whoever picks up a former basket case club in administration better be in it for the genuine love of that particular club and with money they would otherwise have actually set fire to, because it might be a devil we don’t want to get to know.

Anyway, I play the Euromillions, so if I win I promise I’ll be the total idiot who swoops in and wastes it all on this particularly cruel mistress.

Are you the UK winner tonight??!! 🤠🤠🤠

Mowbray has obviously dug his heels in so I reckon they are going to give him the first 10-15 or so games next season and if flirting with relegation places they'll sack him. If we're heading towards another mediocre but safe season, they'll keep him till his contract runs out. They are trying to save a payout, it has to be.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, booth said:

Mowbray has obviously dug his heels in so I reckon they are going to give him the first 10-15 or so games next season and if flirting with relegation places they'll sack him. If we're heading towards another mediocre but safe season, they'll keep him till his contract runs out. They are trying to save a payout, it has to be.

Thats the trouble. We did ok in our first 15 games this season, so what's the point in that?

• Like 1

What I hate the most is that Mowbray tries to pursue and justify the image of an honourable and decent guy. If he had never said that he is a man of honour who loves the club and would rather walk before he has become a burden for the club, then I would have probably assumed that the guy is maybe clueless but perhaps ambitious and determined to get things right. I would have maybe thought that he is a fighter with perhaps a strict philosophy, who follows somewhat of a plan of action and who would rather fight until the very end instead of giving up because he has his own principles that he believes in. Instead he got found out as a complete lier and a fraud and that annoys the hell out of me

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Thats the trouble. We did ok in our first 15 games this season, so what's the point in that?

They’ll view it that we didn’t get relegated last season so we won’t this time. It’ll be another nothing season, or worse and they won’t lose sleep over it either way. They’ll just go on to employ someone else, recruiting in an entirely improper fashion with a fleeting hope the new manager will do better and that’s that.

• Like 2