BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

The other two can't bear it either, they've covered their faces.......just like the rest of us.

Probably bodybags. And if so you have to wonder how many more dugout seats have perished having to endure Tony Mowbray’s brand of football over the years.

• Like 2

I find it strange that articles are coming out about summer plans, relegation this season is a real possibility in current form and Mowbray is being asked about budgets for next year by the local press and answering. Bizarre.

The precedent was set before today's game. This club is a total shambles from top to bottom.

Waggott Out! 

• Like 1

After sleeping on it. I’m still mad. 1 win in 13. Surely must be coming towards the worst run in the clubs history over an extended period (he might already have that title with the losing 9 from 11).

For all I want him gone and have done for 3 years (I was slow on the uptake people saw him for what he was straight away) I also have a morbid curiosity to see how bad things have to get before he even acknowledges he’s under pressure. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

After sleeping on it. I’m still mad. 1 win in 13. Surely must be coming towards the worst run in the clubs history over an extended period (he might already have that title with the losing 9 from 11).

For all I want him gone and have done for 3 years (I was slow on the uptake people saw him for what he was straight away) I also have a morbid curiosity to see how bad things have to get before he even acknowledges he’s under pressure. 

I think the 9 defeats in 11 is our worst run of form since the war.

This 1 win in 13 must be running it close though over a longer period.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Yes, it is a bit like watching a slow motion car crash, where you know from the start that it ends badly for the spectators, but that all of the occupants of the car itself walk away unscathed and laughing as if nothing bad actually happened.

Maddening and completely unfair on the Rovers fan base.

Get thee away from me, Satan!  Gurning Goon 😞

10 hours ago, booth said:

Mowbray has obviously dug his heels in so I reckon they are going to give him the first 10-15 or so games next season and if flirting with relegation places they'll sack him. If we're heading towards another mediocre but safe season, they'll keep him till his contract runs out. They are trying to save a payout, it has to be.

This is how it'll play out except he'll walk and play the victim.

We are going to end up being the only club in England whose fans aren't looking forwards to getting back to normal in the ground again next season.

Instead of an expectant crowd turning up we'll have a 'Mowbray out' lynch mob.

Press will love that, Kean/Coyle mk2 is set to play out again here.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ghost7 said:

I find it strange that articles are coming out about summer plans, relegation this season is a real possibility in current form and Mowbray is being asked about budgets for next year by the local press and answering. Bizarre.

The precedent was set before today's game. This club is a total shambles from top to bottom.

Waggott Out! 

Warren Lucy said something similar yesterday, justifying the performance/result by saying that we have nothing to play for “not going up, not going down”, while Wycombe are “fighting for their lives” (despite being down and out). I can’t believe that he really believes this and more likely he’s just a walking cliché-spouter paid to promote Rovers (even at the expense of common sense and personal dignity).

But it does make me wonder, is there some software programme out there that shows all permutations of the remaining results and because of who plays who they can’t ALL get the necessary points to overtake us?

If so, I’d very much like to see it because right now it feels like we are in free fall. Certainly relegation form isn’t pretty on the eye (or soul).

Is there even any point in continuing to watch games if the manager isn’t bothered and/or can’t do anything about it? It used to be a habit of seeing games because the ST had already been bought. Now it’s throwing good money after bad.

If we really are “safe” then this is exactly the time to get a new manager in so he can see what is required. There is a huge rebuilding job required this Summer and Mowbray is demonstrating with each passing game why he is not the man to do it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

This is how it'll play out except he'll walk and play the victim.

We are going to end up being the only club in England whose fans aren't looking forwards to getting back to normal in the ground again next season.

Instead of an expectant crowd turning up we'll have a 'Mowbray out' lynch mob.

Press will love that, Kean/Coyle mk2 is set to play out again here.

It's all heading that way. The wider media view Mowbray as a 'hard working, honest man, with footballing principles, who has done a great job at Blackburn'. You only have to look at how the Sky pundits talk about him and our so called style of play whenever we have a televised game. Even Sutton trotted out the above on 606 recently to a caller who wanted Mowbray out.

When the fans turn on him in the ground, and it will happen the longer this goes on, it's obvious who is going to be painted as the bad guy/s in all of this. I can just see it now, "What do the fans expect", "Tony Mowbray has done a remarkable job", "They don't have Jack Walker's funding anymore". Mowbray has already put the latter out there in a snide way with his "some fans will never be happy, they remember Shearer and Sutton and winning the League" comment.

It's a real mess and it goes way beyond results and performances on the pitch, yet the press won't look into why we are so peed off with everything that is going on.

• Like 2

I'm beyond bothering what anyone else thinks or says to be honest. SKY always have one agenda or another and we are already in their fans to blacklist book. Don't think it's an anti Rovers thing it's just too much internal influence in there from certain agents.

We'll never get away from that so just got to live with it. The thing is the truth always outs in the end, it always does.

They took Kean and Andersons side against the fans, they took Coyles to. Funny how they didn't throw out widespread support for Bowyer though who'd done far better than both and was getting a far rawer deal.

Look where Kean and Coyle are now though and where they've been since. Fans proven right all along and it'll be the same here. Mowbray might get a decent job somewhere but it won't last. He'll be back in footballs wastelands in no time without the the security of clueless billionaire backing.

I'm only bothered about what i see and hear on matchday week in week out at Rovers.  Sod the wider football public and media or what they think, it doesn't matter diddly squat outside of the Blackburn area.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Tormund said:

Is he still actually here? What on earth is happening.

We're going to "put it right" on Monday.

I actually think we will as well. Probably get a point which will be marketed as a 'positive result' and then on we go.

6 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I can't believe we are back in a situation where we have an unsackable manager.

It all comes back to having owners who are complete and utter tossers and not fit for purpose..all roads lead back to Pune.

It's going to be like this forever and a day under their tenure.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 5

30 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

It all comes back to having owners who are complete and utter tossers and not fit for purpose..all roads lead back to Pune.

It's going to be like this forever and a day under their tenure.

Without question.

I hate Venkys. They are totally clueless with regards to running a football club. Drag us through times like this and much worse than this with Kean. 

How they still make mistakes like this after 10 years of ownership is beyond me. 

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they have a meeting about the club. How the hell can they see 1 win in 13 and think TM is still the man to take us forward?

Insane.

It's stuff like this that drives football fans crazy. We can see the car crash happening before our eyes but can't do anything about it!!

• Like 3