BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

I don’t agre wit( those who slag Gally and Brereton signings. Both are good players who have had their reputations destroyed by being played out of position by this inept manager.

Anyone with any sense can se that experimenting with Gally playing out wide with little Tyris in the middle is a fukwit of a decision. Same wit( playing BB out wide left. Both are centre forwards and should be central alongside Armstrong!

Under a proper manager I would back both to score goals with a supply line on the pitch.

Mowbray has gone stale and it has transmitted itself into the players.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

“I take pride in the performances, not the results, I’ve always said that I’m a performance related coach and I think the performance of the team has generally been good.

Well I think this is the nub of the problem. If you think the performances are good no wonder we are on a terrible run.

I'm also a tad bemused that you think that the results and performances have no correlation. Perhaps in one or two games but not 14. If TM genuinely can't see the correlation between the two or thinks performances have been good he is utterly deluded. 

Or he doesn't think that's the case and he is utterly lying. Lying to save his sorry hide. Which would make a mockery of Mr Integrity.

So either he is deluded or lying. Either way it shows his time is up. 

A performance-related coach in a results-driven sport. Well that can’t end well.

Maybe if our possession stats drop but results improve he’ll go then, eh?

The guy is taking the mick out of every single one of us.

Lockdown has been the second best thing* to happen to Mowbray. Having no fans on his back, no booing in the ground. Will be very interesting to see how his relationship with the press develops if this run continues.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 1864roverite said:

I don’t agre wit( those who slag Gally and Brereton signings. Both are good players who have had their reputations destroyed by being played out of position by this inept manager.

Both get a clean slate for me when a new manager comes in. I sigh when I see gally starting but that's how he is used by the manager and the damage the manager has done to him. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, matt83 said:

He’s a performance related manager. Ok. He’s said it before. But he’s also said:

AEE4209F-F847-4D87-93A1-E51439D3B67B.png

And that was the game where I said Dack had saved his arse. He was starting to get dogs abuse before Dack popped up with the winner.

What I didn't think was that he'd STILL be here nearly 2 years later!

Edited by windymiller7
Timeline
  • Like 2

I take pride in the performances, not the results, I’ve always said that I’m a performance related coach and I think the performance of the team has generally been good.

Thats Kean level delusional.

Performances are not 'generally good'

He needs to be replaced with a results related coach.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

A performance-related coach in a results-driven sport. Well that can’t end well.

Maybe if our possession stats drop but results improve he’ll go then, eh?

The guy is taking the mick out of every single one of us.

Lockdown has been the second best thing* to happen to Mowbray. Having no fans on his back, no booing in the ground. Will be very interesting to see how his relationship with the press develops if this run continues.

Agree lockdown has been a huge help for him as no criticism. Given he cannot take even the slightest bit of questioning (how arrogant) it's probably only fed into his god complex as well. 

As for the press - I'm yet to see any real challenge. And if 1 win in 14 doesn't garner more searching questions I can't see 1 in 15 or even 20 doing so either. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I take pride in the performances, not the results, I’ve always said that I’m a performance related coach and I think the performance of the team has generally been good.

Thats Kean level delusional.

Performances are not 'generally good'

He needs to be replaced with a results related coach.

He’s just not in touch with reality. We’ve not played well this calendar year. Millwall was ok, everything else has been a range of poor to atrocious 

This might be Mowbray's last 'big' job, that is, with a relatively 'established' Championship club. I think, after successive capitulations in his managerial jobs, the shine he had from his West Brom management days, when they, I believe, got promoted into the Premiership playing attractive football, will have long faded. In the least, he will be out of a job for some time, when he does leave, before he is in the running for any upper tier manager job.

Moreover, I think his repeated references in the above post-match interview to getting players to "understand" the game, might be a form of sublimation (wild speculation on my part, I concede) and a way of saying that he doesn't understand the game anymore. The game has evolved (not necessarily for the better, in my view), teams are playing with three in the middle, often, and Mowbray hasn't worked out, this season, how to replicate it or counter it. The results of having strikers out wide, defending at full back or swinging in crosses, unsuccessfully, has been embarrassing but not unusual.

There is no forward planning. Today, we had four central midfielders (five, if you include Bennett) on the bench. Some of them, likely, won't be here next season. It makes little sense, except, as a favour to senior players or a hapless lack of foresight.

Mowbray out isn't enough - it has to Mowbray-ism out. That is, tactical confusion, old pals acts with signings, impetuousness and lack of planning and building of the squad. The sad truth is, Mowbrayism is an endemic part of the English game, so picking a new boss will not be simple.

Edit: I should acknowledge that he did get Rovers promoted from League 1 and that will be a positive in his CV when it comes to looking for roles in the future. Might make him attractive to an aspiring League 1/2 side, perhaps.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He is zero integrity? 

To be fair, he's not going to resign and miss out on a pay off. No one would. It's up to someone, anyone, to sack him 

He does have to think about his next job though, if he hangs on too long here there might not be one.

Because it wouldn't look good, would it ?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’ll bet those plane owners have been quiet, I imagine we could raise the funds from this forum alone!

It would be pointless, the pundits would just say it's from a few disgruntled fans.

But I'd happily chip in.

• Like 1