BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

29 minutes ago, DE. said:

Conversations between who though? Waggott wouldn't sack TM, no chance. The only conversation of importance would be between Pasha and one/all of the owners, but not sure how that could possibly have leaked short of a decision already having been made and press releases being readied (as was the case with Kean at one point - press releases ready only for Venky's to change their mind at the last minute). 

Pasha is the key. 

• Like 2

It’s midnight in Pune so it’s safe to assume, even if he has the intention to do so, Pasha won’t be phoning this late with the trivial matters of the implosion of a thing they once bought over a decade ago. Picturing it a bit like d-day where the German generals were too afraid to wake Hitler even though knew the end was nigh.

• Like 3

Is Pasha supposed to be making things work at the club or does he just monitor what's happening? He obviously won't be keen to make that call if it's the former. Better hope he gets the Voicemail

Hi it's me Pash, just letting you know there is now and real and probable risk the club will get relegated again. Whoops, should have told you sooner lolz 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

No mate. My connections are possibly better than his 😉

And incidentally, I’m not really one to give it any ITK crap, but I’m told by someone I trust implicitly, and that is in a position to know, that TM will be gone within a couple of days. 

Hope you are right. 
So based on what you are saying, the final straw just got broke off the camels back. 

I honestly believe that with a decent manager we have a top 6 squad. I would want someone proven like Wilder or someone up and coming/foreign.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

No mate. My connections are possibly better than his 😉

And incidentally, I’m not really one to give it any ITK crap, but I’m told by someone I trust implicitly, and that is in a position to know, that TM will be gone within a couple of days. 

As I said, 'Think he'll be gone by 3.00 pm tomorrow. Maybe Waggott too - some serious noise'.

My understanding is Waggott is now backed into a corner.

IMO, a racing certainty - if only I could get a feckin bet upon this happening.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, imy9 said:

Hope you are right. 
So based on what you are saying, the final straw just got broke off the camels back. 

I honestly believe that with a decent manager we have a top 6 squad. I would want someone proven like Wilder or someone up and coming/foreign.

Oddly it seems that the local journalists ‘turning’ have been the decisive factor and not the 1 win in 14 or failing to score in 13 of the last 18 games.

Bizarre!

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

As I said, 'Think he'll be gone by 3.00 pm tomorrow. Maybe Waggott too - some serious noise'.

My understanding is Waggott is now backed into a corner.

IMO, a racing certainty - if only I could get a feckin bet upon this happening.

Yep. That’s pretty much what I’m hearing mate. But it took noise from journos rather than results to tip the balance.

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Oddly it seems that the local journalists ‘turning’ have been the decisive factor and not the 1 win in 14 or failing to score in 13 of the last 18 games.

Bizarre!

The power of journalism. No joke either.

• Like 4

I have zero sympathy for the Venkys. They keep on employing cretins but from their point of view I can see them sat in India saying we have zero interest in running this football club, regret getting involved, but we employ people on vast salaries to do it for us (swag on £300k, dread to think what pasha is on) yet 10 years and £200 million in it’s still a car crash.

If only they’d listened to the management structure we had in place when they bought us. Nope they had to side with Jerome Anderson. But they’re business people albeit 2nd generation. They must be asking what swag has done ever for £300k. Why pasha has missed the signs of the dysfunction nature of a manager appointing the ceo.

It’s barmy 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I have zero sympathy for the Venkys. They keep on employing cretins but from their point of view I can see them sat in India saying we have zero interest in running this football club, regret getting involved, but we employ people on vast salaries to do it for us (swag on £300k, dread to think what pasha is on) yet 10 years and £200 million in it’s still a car crash.

If only they’d listened to the management structure we had in place when they bought us. Nope they had to side with Jerome Anderson. But they’re business people albeit 2nd generation. They must be asking what swag has done ever for £300k. Why pasha has missed the signs of the dysfunction nature of a manager appointing the ceo.

It’s barmy 

One only wonders why there is not yet a Netflix series based on this.

14 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Yep. That’s pretty much what I’m hearing mate. But it took noise from journos rather than results to tip the balance.

I so so so hope you're right, it's well past due and will be a huge relief. The issue comes with who the clowns in Pune stumble across next - though I don't think it can get any worse than Mowbray, it'll be a huge surprise if we get the calibre of manager we need to get this club back where it belongs. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm flabbergasted with his comments in that interview. Think performance based coach nonsense has annoyed the hell out of me. Tony, we live in a result driven businesses. Win games is the name of the games not performances. 

This is your squad Mowbray that you have built and earlier in the season you said it was top 6 quality so why are 17th in the league and 1 win in last 14 games and haven't score in 24 1st half in 40 games this season? 

Hes in self preservation to defend his incompetence. Do you not hold any annoyance towards our absent owners for not giving enough of a shit to do their job and sack him?

• Like 3

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

Bizarre!

And, if true, doesn't that just speak volumes,  not only about their incompetence, but also about how image and reputation is the one thing they truly value above all else.

And that isn't their reputation in the eyes of the plebs who buy season tickets,  but their reputation in the eyes of people who they think matter and who they think have influence. 

Worth remembering. 

• Like 2