BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

That's a real worry Andy. This is a man that cowardly hid behind some curtains at a Supporters Consultation meeting because he couldn't face being questioned by some fans. I can only see him telling Swag to do the dirty deed if it is going to happen.

To be fair Tony that is the way it should happen - Board instructs CEO to sack manager. I don't think any of them have any balls to be honest. Brass necks, aye, but no guts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

Maybe The Coventrio were too busy trying to flog the training ground to mention it.

Doing a Degsy - unplugged the fax machine after the planning application was sent in and forgot to plug it in again to send the accounts πŸ™‚

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

People reckon his desk has already been cleared.

Still reckon it's happened?

I don't know whether it has actually happened but I was told yesterday that it is imminent. I guess today will be instructive for all of us.

• Like 2

These things usually get announced around 10 am ?

I suppose they give a bit of time to give the managers in question an opportunity to walk before they are pushed. Then there's the agreeing of severance and no doubt a multitude of agents and lawyers snouts in it.

Will Venkys even know what's in TMs contract ?Β  Β Very much doubt it they are probably having nervous breakdowns when they see the cost of it all.

Sadly imo chances are if it hasn't happened in the next hour it isn't happening.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Oh, those 'people'

Yeah for every 2 that say he's going another says lets not have any knee jerk reactions to bad results !

It's home to some genuinely bizarre opinions and rumors.

• Like 1

Mowbray and Waggot are key to the development plans of the training ground, and if that has been approved from above I don't see them rocking the boat by removing one of them.

I fear the rumours last night and this morning are just people guessing. It seems like we are in the end-game, but whenΒ we lost to West Brom / Bolton Β in 2012Β and the LT ran the "Time to Go Steve" headline it looked like Kean was as good as gone. Rumours persisted all week about his imminent departure and yet it was another 10 months before he left. (4 points in his next 2 games from Liverpool and Man United managed to quell the unrest and get the "Get behind him FFS" brigade back on side.)

The journey continues .....

Β 

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Rich Sharpe is the new hero of the hour...even though it's took him this long to write an article that is anywhere near close to the truth of just how inept Mowbray is.Β 

The cynic in me thinks that if the local journo's are slagging Mowbray then they've already hadΒ word he's on his way.Β 

Let's hope that you're right.

2 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Β 

That’s an excellent article from Sharpe and the LT, both of whom have been criticised by me and a lot of other fans on here.Β If Venkys read these articles, it spells out exactly what the situation is.Β 
Β 

The only thing it doesn’t say, is that the situation whereby nobody at the club seems to appreciate what’s happening here, should tell them that the problems run deeper than the manager. Surely it’s the job of the CEO to keep the club focussed on the ultimate goal of getting out of this league via the top end. It’s his job to be proactive on the owners behalf - and from here he looks to be failing badly.

I doubt very much that the owners read these threads, but if they do then take aΒ look at the bigger picture.

Edited by den
  • Like 7