BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

18 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Rich Sharpe is the new hero of the hour...even though it's took him this long to write an article that is anywhere near close to the truth of just how inept Mowbray is. 

The cynic in me thinks that if the local journo's are slagging Mowbray then they've already had word he's on his way. 

Nail on head! 

Last 24 hours have been a bit out of character for both Bayes and Sharpe. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I still don't believe he's going though.

Just somebody, anybody, with some professional pride will do me. Ob a purely footballing level, the 'results don't matter' incumbent is worse than Kean in my opinion.

He is.

Kean was someone else's lackey.

Mowbray runs Ewood & Brockhall.

OK that's not just about the footballing level - anger got the better of me.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

I think we all felt he is safe, with no threat of his job being reviewed until the season is over.

The very real (albeit slim) threat of relegation is the one factor that could change that and force an immediate decision. A lot of people quickly realised that threat exists yesterday. I don't expect the decision makers at the club to both realise that and act upon it, but I'm hoping for a minor miracle.

3 minutes ago, pedrob2014 said:

No real rumours anywhere just cant see this happening (I hope I am wrong).

Oh and Mercer is putting his house on it definitely not happening 

I stand by my posts of yesterday.

• Backroom

Our current form is so bad that there are going to be rumours of TM being sacked after every draw/loss now. At a normal club he would have been gone weeks if not months ago. We've won 1 game out of 14 and have gone from within touching distance of the playoffs to a relegation battle for goodness sake. I've said for some time that eventually we won't be able to pull up out of the frequent nose dives we enter under TM, and I think we may be at that point now. Problem is, as always, Venky's are far too late in making a decision. Their glacial decision making ability is exactly why we will never be successful as long as they are in charge. 

• Like 5

Just now, Mercer said:

I stand by my posts of yesterday.

I'm sure you and @oldjamfan1 have your sources, I just don't imagine there's any real desire to sack TM. Waggott might even be doing the whole 'if you sack Mogga, I'll walk' which might be inconvenient for Venksters if Waggott is in charge of the Brockhall redevelopment like he claims he is. 

I'm just a pessimist when it comes to Venky's. They are clueless, as we all know. 

There’s certainty an element of trying to place football norms on to this basket case of an organisation.

Of course, a manager should be facing the chop after 1 win in 14 and a relegation threatening collapse underway. Of course a manager with such poor body language and comments are normally on the way out. Of course when the fans and local press have turned you are shortly after on your bike.

These are just the understood rules of the game in professional football... apart from here. Doesn’t mean it won’t happen, Bowyer eventually went, but the Waggott/Mowbray/Venus axis seems to have a bigger hold on the club than even Kean and his acolytes...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

• Moderation Lead
9 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I'm sure you and @oldjamfan1 have your sources, I just don't imagine there's any real desire to sack TM. Waggott might even be doing the whole 'if you sack Mogga, I'll walk' which might be inconvenient for Venksters if Waggott is in charge of the Brockhall redevelopment like he claims he is. 

I'm just a pessimist when it comes to Venky's. They are clueless, as we all know. 

2 for 1 special 🙏 

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

As I posted yesterday, I understand Waggott's been backed into a corner.  Would be no surprise to me if he also heads through the exit door.

20 minutes ago, DE. said:

Our current form is so bad that there are going to be rumours of TM being sacked after every draw/loss now. At a normal club he would have been gone weeks if not months ago. We've won 1 game out of 14 and have gone from within touching distance of the playoffs to a relegation battle for goodness sake. I've said for some time that eventually we won't be able to pull up out of the frequent nose dives we enter under TM, and I think we may be at that point now. Problem is, as always, Venky's are far too late in making a decision. Their glacial decision making ability is exactly why we will never be successful as long as they are in charge. 

Inertia off the pitch and now inertia on it.

It was always going to be this way.

It will continue this way as well unless this fundamental problem is sorted out.

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

As I posted yesterday, I understand Waggott's been backed into a corner.  Would be no surprise to me if he also heads through the exit door.

I hope you correct and Mowbray has gone. 

I bet the Family fortune, gold and silver on him being gone today  🤣

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I'm with you although I seriously hope I'm wrong.

I just feel that later tonight we will be told (whether true or not) there was a crisis meetings hence the rumours, but Mowbray is not going anywhere. Wouldn't surprise me if we had a 'vote of confidence' statement on the website this week.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Thing is you haven't a clue, no one really does. So until it's actually happened then putting stuff up like this and giving people false hope - especially after the last decade - isn't fair IMO. 

Just now, Hasta said:

I'm with you although I seriously hope I'm wrong.

I just feel that later tonight we will be told (whether true or not) there was a crisis meetings hence the rumours, but Mowbray is not going anywhere. Wouldn't surprise me if we had a 'vote of confidence' statement on the website this week.

Rovers fans' jury deliver verdict on Tony Mowbray's position | Lancashire Telegraph

Look at the comment by 'leitchy'

These are the only things that keep me going!