BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I hope you correct and Mowbray has gone. 

I bet the Family fortune, gold and silver on him being gone today  🤣

I'll take that bet, I'm even willing to give you odds of 2/1.

What's your family fortune worth?

Nothing happens quickly in venkyland.

2 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I’d even take he is going at the end of the season , least something to look forward to 

They couldn't announce that with us in this position. Players and manager leaving at the end of the season. Nothing to fight for

If we were assured of safety, things would be different 

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I showed that comment to my friends and they said he should be sacked for that alone. 

It's very strange. It's a comment that'd be acceptable for a youth/reserve team manager to come out with, but a first team manager? Makes no sense at all. Especially when you take into account our performances are terrible anyway! The man is either in a completely delusional state or is trolling the owners in an attempt to get them to sack him. 

• Like 2

Interesting observation about the players on social media or lack of! Even Dack isn’t on there after his operation being done which is the exact opposite of his last one. Even his missus isn’t commenting so I wonder if there is a complete blackout of players interacting with the fans?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Interesting observation about the players on social media or lack of! Even Dack isn’t on there after his operation being done which is the exact opposite of his last one. Even his missus isn’t commenting so I wonder if there is a complete blackout of players interacting with the fans?

According to my daughter, Barry Douglas posted a picture of him & his kid in Astley Park a week or so ago if that counts! 😅

Seriously though,  if they're all quiet then that's odd, especially Dack & Olivia, they usually thrive on the attention.

• Like 1

Just now, windymiller7 said:

According to my daughter, Barry Douglas posted a picture of him & his kid in Astley Park a week or so ago if that counts! 😅

Seriously though,  if they're all quiet then that's odd, especially Dack & Olivia, they usually thrive on the attention.

Dack's posted on Instagram today about his Euro 2020 sticker album. 

You usually don't get too much after a defeat, maybe a 'looking forward to putting it right next game' from Holtby, or Elliott posts a lot too but he probably can't wait for the season to be over now.

It's when we scrape a draw or win that they all come out of the woodwork.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

People said 3pm so we wait and see.

It's a bit like saying on such and such a day the world will end. No-one has an inside track to the inner sanctum of Venkys apart from family so it's all rumours driven by wishful thinking

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dallydally said:

It's a bit like saying on such and such a day the world will end. No-one has an inside track to the inner sanctum of Venkys apart from family so it's all rumours driven by wishful thinking

Rumours are rumours mate 😂.

As I've stated I'm not ITK at all, people who have contacts have stated something is potentially going on.

You'd much rather rumours were posted than not at all.

• Like 3

The club don't really have any choice but to sack him given the form. Must be going at some point.

As an aside the current situation is a really common occurrence for Mowbray isn't it? 2 years or so of decentish results then falls off a cliff. At it's fundamental level seems to be a combination of lack of resilience in the squad and lack of practicality of tactics. Means when his teams start getting beat they really struggle to turn it around. Fair weather team you could say....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Rumours are rumours mate 😂.

As I've stated I'm not ITK at all, people who have contacts have stated something is potentially going on.

You'd much rather rumours were posted than not at all.

Personally mate I love the rumours, not just about the manager but about the club in general. Whether I believe them is another matter but many spark debate and keep this message board ticking over.

Keep 'em coming. 😁😁😁

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, DE. said:

It's very strange. It's a comment that'd be acceptable for a youth/reserve team manager to come out with, but a first team manager? Makes no sense at all. Especially when you take into account our performances are terrible anyway! The man is either in a completely delusional state or is trolling the owners in an attempt to get them to sack him. 

Delusional 

• Like 1

Something that Mowbray's backers like to say is that he has turned the club around but from what I can see the same problems remain that were here when he took over. We still have disinterested owners (not his fault granted), when Mowbray goes we will again be without a CEO as I don't see Waggott staying long after Mowbray, we have no football brain at boardroom level (which has given Mowbray a completely free reigned to do anything with no question asked), we have half a squad out of contract in the summer and very few assets to sell on. 

Behind the scenes the club is rotten and needs a complete revamp. Get rid of Mowbray, Waggott, Venus and Pasha. Get in a Director of Football (and put him on the board) who is in charge of overseeing football operations at boardroom level and also responsible for recruiting a new manager and his coaching staff. Get in a CEO by doing a proper interviewing process (although who is doing the interviewing is another worrying question) and appoint someone with no connections to anyone at the club. 

Do that and then we might resemble a proper football club. But that is one heck of a challenge to do over 1 summer especially with the massive squad overhaul we are likely to see and it is also a damning indictment of the owners, Mowbray, Waggott, Venus, Pasha that all this needs to be done immediately. This is what happens when a manager basically gets a free reign for 4 years and it must never be allowed to happen again.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

The rumour spread from here to Twitter is pretty embarrassing. It's this sort of thing that kept us linked with Marcus Maddison for four transfer windows.

It was from here and then 1 individual said he had heard the same and he's not associated with BRFCs so it's hardly spread.

• Like 1