BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

We're an established Championship club. And a mid range/big one at that. These jobs don't come up very often. 

They'd have us believe that nobody would want it and we'd have to get the begging bowl out for a decent manager to come.

Give over. What a club and division for a confident manager to come to.

*of course that's assuming most managers aren't ignored for not having the right agent.

• Like 5

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

I certainly don't claim to be 'ITK' at all but shortly after the final whistle yesterday I received a text from someone extremely close to the club - not the playing side - who doesn't normally gossip (he can't afford to, it would cost him his job) who, unsolicited, told me that Waggott had been instructed to act. All this talk of being sacked today and announced at 3pm didn't come from me, I didn't hear any specifics at all.

However, I am very confident that something is happening in relation to the manager, but people posting "Its not happening is it?" every 5 minutes on here doesn't help alleviate the general twitchiness that fans are feeling just now.

Was it wrong of me to share that info? Maybe. But that's partly what I thought these message boards were designed for.

Thanks for the context. No criticism from me. I'd rather hear it than not, I was just pointing out that it wasn't just Mercer who was hearing rumours of Mowbray's departure.  

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I certainly don't claim to be 'ITK' at all but shortly after the final whistle yesterday I received a text from someone extremely close to the club - not the playing side - who doesn't normally gossip (he can't afford to, it would cost him his job) who, unsolicited, told me that Waggott had been instructed to act. All this talk of being sacked today and announced at 3pm didn't come from me, I didn't hear any specifics at all.

However, I am very confident that something is happening in relation to the manager, but people posting "Its not happening is it?" every 5 minutes on here doesn't help alleviate the general twitchiness that fans are feeling just now.

Was it wrong of me to share that info? Maybe. But that's partly what I thought these message boards were designed for.

It might be they want a replacement lined up similar to Bowyer and Coyle dismissals before they move.

• Like 3

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

It's not a problem for you or anybody else to share info on here. Keeps the place lively.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Thanks for the context. No criticism from me. I'd rather hear it than not, I was just pointing out that it wasn't just Mercer who was hearing rumours of Mowbray's departure.  

Aye, I think Merce is suffering from the 'boy who cried wolf' syndrome :)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I'm glad people post this stuff if genuine. At least you've now clarified your source to some degree. perfectly fine with this. Made for more interesting reading this morning.

It's annoying when people post rumours as fact, when they've actually got them from @bullshitboy1875 on twitter, in a bid just to look to be first with the news on the off chance it happens. 

However past experience tells me that even rumours from sources 'inside the club' invariably don't come off. Praying this one does.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

I'm glad people post this stuff if genuine. At least you've now clarified your source to some degree. perfectly fine with this. Made for more interesting reading this morning.

It's annoying when people post rumours as fact, when they've actually got them from @bullshitboy1875 on twitter, in a bid just to look to be first with the news on the off chance it happens. 

However past experience tells me that even rumours from sources 'inside the club' invariably don't come off. Praying this one does.

100% mate. There's a chasm between 'been instructed to act' and 'sacking Mowbray' and as they say, its the hope that kills you!

• Like 7

I appreciate posters sharing news that they've heard as that's what a forum is all about. I'm sure it's all posted in good faith but I'm pretty certain TM will still be here come the final game of the season. 

Our club is way down the priority list of the owners and acting now would add to their list of problems. It's easier for them to do nothing at all and carry on as usual. The summer may be when a change is made but I think its pie in the sky to think anything will happen before then sadly. 

I hope I'm wrong. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

I don't see what calling people out achieves.  If you don't like it, scroll past & move on.

Yeah. But if you keep continually posting rumours that have no sources, and have a terrible track record of doing this in the past, of course you can expect to be called out.

If they don't like being called out, stop posting them. It's a messageboard and peoples posts can be questioned.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I certainly don't claim to be 'ITK' at all but shortly after the final whistle yesterday I received a text from someone extremely close to the club - not the playing or coaching side - who doesn't normally gossip (he can't afford to, it would cost him his job) who, unsolicited, told me that Waggott had been instructed to act. All this talk of being sacked today and announced at 3pm didn't come from me, I didn't hear any specifics at all.

I think I might well have the access to the same person.

As it happens, I haven't asked him, but I would be very surprised if he doesn't know something.

Happy to call or text him, if we don't hear anything, by later today.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

To clarify that I am not just trying to shut down any information being shared, this rumour does have meat on the bones without even needing to specify individuals, it has some context, and it also contains plenty of restraint. Whether I or anyone else choose to believe it is irrelevant, I appreciate that this is shared and it is a world away from "people have said" without any context whatsoever.

My personal opinion is that Mowbray will certainly finish the season and is likely to manage us into next season, and that the owners dont give a shit and probably dont even know where we are in the league. But I appreciate this sort of post nonetheless so thanks for sharing.

• Like 3