BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

This is not a difficult decision. There is seldom a clearer example of when a managerial change is needed. Either Waggbray hold too much say in their own employment or the owners have given up. Either way, it truly stinks! Having always respected TM, I'm majorly dissapointed by his actions. Any manager with a shred of professional integrity would walk when targets have been so spectacularly missed. When all the fans and media are no longer supporting you,  it's time to go.  He's Either a mercenary waiting for his pay off or a narcissist who thinks he knows better than everyone else. Disgusting situation. 

• Like 6

• Backroom
20 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

We seem to forget that in the end Kean had to walk out on the club. Some swallowed the line about Shebby getting him out, but he walked. Got the payout in the end without waiting for it.

Very strange how that ended. Kean does seem to have been unsackable, and basically had to be given cause to resign and get a payout through Shebby. I don't think Mowbray is unsackable in the same way, but he's insulated himself pretty well. 

I'm certain there was something unsavoury about the whole Kean leaving episode.

My bet would be Singh had rumbled a little scam or something and was going to make it public. Giving the slimeball no option but to walk otherwise i think he'd have brazened it out.  After all he stood there through it seems very odd an annoying Malaysian TV pundit would drive him out, just by watching and undermining everything he did.

Nah, there must have been a lot more to it than that.

Here now we have something a bit different but bad enough in its own way. If Mowbray is still here there's obviously been no sign of a nudge from anywhere. 

• Like 2

Disgusting if he isn't sacked.  It will be a clear indication that he has his feet so far under the table and that venkys couldn't give a toss.  I can't imagine how I would feel if come Saturday afternoon he will be giving his usual drivel before another tough game

edit: immediate feelings of total familiarity that nothing happened in the end. I enjoyed the fantasy, the comedown was a bit harsh, but I’ve survived it and I’m here. In summary: keep feeding me the gossip.

BEA1B768-7E86-445F-A6AA-98184CB0B3C7.jpeg

Edited by Bethnal
  • Like 4

• Backroom
24 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I'm certain there was something unsavoury about the whole Kean leaving episode.

My bet would be Singh had rumbled a little scam or something and was going to make it public. Giving the slimeball no option but to walk otherwise i think he'd have brazened it out.  After all he stood there through it seems very odd an annoying Malaysian TV pundit would drive him out, just by watching and undermining everything he did.

Nah, there must have been a lot more to it than that.

Venky's either couldn't or wouldn't sack him. Hard to say which as I think there's a lot about that situation we still haven't heard. Either way they clearly parachuted  Shebby into the mix to make Kean uncomfortable. Kean saw a way to get a payout without getting sacked and took it. Arguably a win win for both parties as Venky's get Kean out and Kean gets a payoff. As usual the club and the fans were the losers, as we have been ever since the owners purchased the club.

The TM situation isn't the same as Kean. More akin to Bowyer I'd say. Somebody the owners like and trust. Combine that with what is likely a passing interest at best in the club's fortunes and you get obvious decisions being delayed by months. Who knows how often Pasha reports back to them and what picture he paints. I doubt outside of his updates they care enough to look into us any further. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I've tried my best not to allow my frustrations with Mowbray become hatred and intense dislike.

We've now reached the stage where it is spilling over into extreme dislike and will be for a lot of people.

Shame it is going this way after a relatively positive 3 years or so but this is standard stuff in football for those who overstay their welcome. A sacking or resignation before now would have seen him on his way with a pat on the back and gratitude from many for his efforts.

Shame he's taken this route but not surprising. The fact his two mates rely on him for their jobs probably adds to his reluctance to go, but I agree he should be way past the resignation stage. Any serious club would have sacked him long ago.

He's past the point of no return, he knows it, we know it, the players know it. So it is going to get ugly. His choice. He can hide in an empty stadium but that won't last forever.

I'll always wonder at what point did people like him and Kean realise they were bulletproof?

It boils my blood that such inadequate managers can establish such control and invincibility over a club of our size and stature just by saying the right things to the owners.

He's had a real do out of us over 4 years. We owe him nothing.

It's well into extreme dislike for me. Infact he's now no2 on the list of disliked as he has surpassed coyle for me. This carries on much longer he'll be heading into kean territory but he still has someway to go yet. Hopefully he will be removed before then but I think we are stuck with him until the end of the season at least. Unfortunately we will need to sack him as it is clear he won't resign and to be fair it's difficult to blame him. He ain't gona get a gig at this level again, and we were the ones who gave him the contract in the first place. We need to be more savvy in future with contracts. Insert clauses meaning we can terminate with pre agreed compensation if certain targets aren't met. Not sure if this kind of thing is possible. I know top managers wouldnt accept such clauses, but chancers like Mowbray will accept it if they want the job surely. 

10 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Re embargo...

I read that we have until 30th June to sell players to meet our projections.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19213633.rovers-issue-accounts-update-amid-efl-transfer-embargo/

Any players sold now won’t be included in the accounts so that’s quite a wrong assumption 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

lets face it fellow fans,he is`nt going,saturday is our next game so it`s a waiting game till then,there is no way we`ll get a result at cardiff,especially when they got tubbed last night,mccarthy will have them well stoked up

That is shaping up to be the first game in my 68 years where I WILL want Rovers to get a pasting.

Blame the c-unt s at Ewood and in Pune not the disenfranchised rebels.

• Like 6