BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

19 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

It's well into extreme dislike for me. Infact he's now no2 on the list of disliked as he has surpassed coyle for me. This carries on much longer he'll be heading into kean territory but he still has someway to go yet. Hopefully he will be removed before then but I think we are stuck with him until the end of the season at least. Unfortunately we will need to sack him as it is clear he won't resign and to be fair it's difficult to blame him. He ain't gona get a gig at this level again, and we were the ones who gave him the contract in the first place. We need to be more savvy in future with contracts. Insert clauses meaning we can terminate with pre agreed compensation if certain targets aren't met. Not sure if this kind of thing is possible. I know top managers wouldnt accept such clauses, but chancers like Mowbray will accept it if they want the job surely. 

It could be worse, a mistake here or there, by the person who drew up his contract, could end up costing the club £5 million. 

10 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

That is shaping up to be the first game in my 68 years where I WILL want Rovers to get a pasting.

Blame the c-unt s at Ewood and in Pune not the disenfranchised rebels.

im`e completely fed up of the whole shenanigins,id`e even take the club going in adminstration and starting afresh anywhere,even if it`s the ****** northern premier,be some great times going to brig,matlock and hyde utd etc!!!!!!!!

• Like 6

• Backroom
24 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

It's well into extreme dislike for me. Infact he's now no2 on the list of disliked as he has surpassed coyle for me. This carries on much longer he'll be heading into kean territory but he still has someway to go yet. Hopefully he will be removed before then but I think we are stuck with him until the end of the season at least. Unfortunately we will need to sack him as it is clear he won't resign and to be fair it's difficult to blame him. He ain't gona get a gig at this level again, and we were the ones who gave him the contract in the first place. We need to be more savvy in future with contracts. Insert clauses meaning we can terminate with pre agreed compensation if certain targets aren't met. Not sure if this kind of thing is possible. I know top managers wouldnt accept such clauses, but chancers like Mowbray will accept it if they want the job surely. 

Coyle was actually sacked incredibly quickly by Venky standards (and considering the agency he came from). Still far too late, though, which tells you everything about how the club is run.

• Like 1

On reflection, the Mowbray comments on him being performance based, trying to improve each individual.,Is reflected on the pitch.

A group of individuals with no set pattern of play.

A cohesive team will always overcome a set of individuals,especially the standard of ours.

He even had a dig at MCarthy at Cardiff, and his style of play,maybe Saturday Mowbray will get his come-uppance.

Our delusional manager who thinks he can turn us into a glorious free flowing all conquering club, whilst in the meantime results are secondary.

He really is entering the Keanesque realms of delusional fantasy, born out of an irrational sense of security, as we are on a journey.

He really needs to be relieved of his duties ASAP.

However he will cling on until the end of the season, whilst Waggot and Venky's pray to their respective Idols for safety.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Any players sold now won’t be included in the accounts so that’s quite a wrong assumption 

I am not talking about the filed accounts which are historical facts.

"along with the club’s Profit & Sustainability submissions for the current year, for which we have until June 30 to meet our financial projections."

The other element is the P&S which includes a projection to June 30th. That is something they hope for and expect / project to happen between now and then. It isn't promotion or gate receipts so....

Sounds like as it stands we are under embargo and this projected income should worm us out of it.

8 minutes ago, blondie said:

On reflection, the Mowbray comments on him being performance based, trying to improve each individual.,Is reflected on the pitch.

A group of individuals with no set pattern of play.

A cohesive team will always overcome a set of individuals,especially the standard of ours.

He even had a dig at MCarthy at Cardiff, and his style of play,maybe Saturday Mowbray will get his come-uppance.

Our delusional manager who thinks he can turn us into a glorious free flowing all conquering club, whilst in the meantime results are secondary.

He really is entering the Keanesque realms of delusional fantasy, born out of an irrational sense of security, as we are on a journey.

He really needs to be relieved of his duties ASAP.

However he will cling on until the end of the season, whilst Waggot and Venky's pray to their respective Idols for safety.

When he was making excuses for Ayala's injuries he said he was used to paying in teams who had a deep block (Warnock and Pulis),whereas he expects expansive football. Delusional 

Compare their records. 

He had a great opportunity here. Time, money, good young players. Now this. Not good. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

he certainly will,if you can`t defend set pieces against cardiff you aint going to get a result,the imcompetent buffoon has stated in the past we don`t do bother with them in training,another reason to sack the ****,it appears to me that we don`t do anything in training by the way!

4 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Guess the rumours weren't true then! 

Sad

Because there was no rumours in the first place 🤥😉 I told you yesterday if you were wrong I’d be sending Steve K**n and the Glasgow mafia round to your house. Message me your address and accept your fate 😂😂

24 minutes ago, DE. said:

Venky's either couldn't or wouldn't sack him. Hard to say which as I think there's a lot about that situation we still haven't heard. Either way they clearly parachuted  Shebby into the mix to make Kean uncomfortable. Kean saw a way to get a payout without getting sacked and took it. Arguably a win win for both parties as Venky's get Kean out and Kean gets a payoff. As usual the club and the fans were the losers, as we have been ever since the owners purchased the club.

The TM situation isn't the same as Kean. More akin to Bowyer I'd say. Somebody the owners like and trust. Combine that with what is likely a passing interest at best in the club's fortunes and you get obvious decisions being delayed by months. Who knows how often Pasha reports back to them and what picture he paints. I doubt outside of his updates they care enough to look into us any further. 

I feel the mistake being made here - and it’s one that is often made - is people think of Venkys as a single body. They are not, they are a group of dysfunctional quarrelling siblings who often act in contradictory ways. My memory/reading of the Kean situation is that Barry probably wanted him gone, Mrs D didn’t (she got on with Kean’s wife), so Barry appointed Shebby to make life difficult for him.

Similarly when Lambert was appointed, somebody - probably Barry again - promised him the Earth, but Lambert soon realised a promise from one of them means bugger all.

It is why their decision making is so glacial (as beautifully described by someone here earlier in the day) even when the correct decisions are glaringly obvious (like sacking Mowbray). It also explains bizarre decisions like the double audit one summer, but no sale of the club afterwards. It also explains why they still own the club, despite it doing them no good. It explains why senior appointments are made - Waggot, Senior, etc, but the appointees appear to be powerless. It explains why they one season call a fire sale resulting in relegation, followed by three seasons of throwing money at a dope who has no chance of achieving anything. None of it makes sense because it’s different parties, with different objectives, making different decisions.

Pasha may well be the communication channel to one of them, but as they all seem to have the power of veto of each other’s decisions, it takes more than Pasha to pull the trigger. Someone has to get all four of the loons to agree to sacking Mowbray. 

The best hope is Mrs D is distracted and just says ‘yes’ without paying much attention. She’s the most cautious of them, but also the one with least knowledge of the realities of football (which is some achievement).

All this said - I still have another page or so to read - maybe by the time I get to the end of the thread there will be some news.

Please, please.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

You also wouldn't pay off a manager or enter into new player contracts just before administration.

I will take Mowbray until May if it means the end of Venkys.

I'm just clutching at straws trying to make myself feel better at this stage.

Even if we excise Tony, the cancer remains unfortunately.

Edited by rock steady
typo

42 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

im`e completely fed up of the whole shenanigins,id`e even take the club going in adminstration and starting afresh anywhere,even if it`s the ****** northern premier,be some great times going to brig,matlock and hyde utd etc!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, I think that may be what happens before we start to become a normal club again.

• Like 3

Don't let them fool you. FFP or an embargo will not prevent them removing Mowbray. That is just a complete cop out excuse for a lack of action. 

If we are failing FFP and risking an embargo (how can any club be compliant?) then this is just another example of poor management of the club by those running it whilst smaller clubs without wealthy owners outperform us without FFP issues.

• Like 3

If it’s a payout that TM is after then let’s give him Brereton or Gallagher and tell him to flog them. He bought them. He can see the true value in them. Let’s shake on that, Tony. 

• Like 1

If Mowbray is watching Norwich and a possession based team that plays up front and at em controlled football he will easily see where the duck he has got it all wrong!

4-0 up after 30:mins, easy controlled football, players simple passing to each other and direct not backwards 🤬

6 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

If Mowbray is watching Norwich and a possession based team that plays up front and at em controlled football he will easily see where the duck he has got it all wrong!

4-0 up after 30:mins, easy controlled football, players simple passing to each other and direct not backwards 🤬

Corberan is a performance based coach, so its cool.

They get the 3 points, I guess?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Re embargo...

I read that we have until 30th June to sell players to meet our projections.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19213633.rovers-issue-accounts-update-amid-efl-transfer-embargo/

Just had a look at some of the comments on that article...

”Rovers are a well run club”

I fucking despair.

• Like 6