BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

How Woodgate and others can say that after one win in 15 ,just shows you can't take them seriously. They are just covering for their mate. Simple as. 

Good description of Mowbray actually, detached, delusionaly detached. 

In football everyone looks after themselves.

It’s entirely possible that Woodgate could be reporting to Mowbray at some point in the future (at least in his). Either assistant manager and manager or manager and DoF.

They never badmouth anyone, and will always keep up appearances.

Even Warnock signed El Hadji Diouf not long after calling him a ‘sewer rat’!

• Like 1

@Bigdoggsteel You know it's all your fault, don't you? If only you'd agreed with my suggestion of Damien Johnson as caretaker, Mowbray and co would be gone. 

Not really. That would assume someone in Pune read this message board and took note of what is being said. Yeah, I know, fat chance.

We're such a well run club, Woodgate, that we're under a transfer embargo, again.

Speaking of LET, a poster Mumbai Rover got called a "troll". That particular response was to a post that was saying rumour in India has it that Venkys want to sell the club at the end of next season and are just looking to extract what value they can.

It's a mite difficult to sell a club that has negative market value as per the Rovers Trust analysis. Liquidation is a more likely outcome and given the size of Trading creditors, sooner than than later. Only the advance payment of Sky TV revenue staved off administration in 2012 (I think that was the year) and unsubstantiated rumours that the HMRC has come after the club chasing tax payments.

Blackburn Rovers Football and Athletic Limited is not being run as a 'going concern'.

56 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

If there's any ounce of truth in it, Mowbray needs sacking just for that. I'm not having our better players getting sidelined/hounded out of the club due to his piss poor management.

Well its going to happen with Nyambe?

EDIT----Sorry Rover Inverness---just seen your post above. Great minds and all that!

Edited by 47er
  • Like 3

Kevin Gallagher is a prime example, he’s become increasingly critical on Radio Lancs, but when asked outright if TM should go, he, of course, ducked the question.

Why? Because he has links with the club through his soccer schools and the Former Players Association and doesn’t want to rock the boat. Now, he gets potted tomorrow and he’ll be on t’wireless on Saturday saying how it ‘was the right decision by the club because of x, y and z ’.

It rivals public schools for the old boys network.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

• Moderation Lead
7 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Nixon just tweeted "Half term cleansing incoming ..."

Is it Mowbray?

Might just be his way of saying he’s having a bath. He’s honestly a bigger whopper than anything ever seen at Burger King, so it’s anyone’s guess really....

• Like 6

4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Just what's needed, the Boro Old Boys Network.

Fuck of Woodgate you prick

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-mowbray-future-manager-20333204

Hold up.

"He's the most passionate manager I've probably worked for"

Probably? So Woodgate is not even sure if he has worked for him and so not 100% sure who he is talking about?

It is PROBABLY just a robotic stock reply he has somewhere in his tiny brain that is activated by pseudo journalists. Which would make the most sense as the response is pure BS in this given case.

Edited by Banzai
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

@Mercer @oldjamfan1 

Have you heard anything more from this source? 

All he said yesterday was "its all gone very quiet which in itself is unusual".

He also initially thought that both Waggott and Mowbray were going in the summer but that they are now bringing that forward. I've known this guy for over 40 years and he's not normally one to spread gossip or make things up, so I definitely think that something is happening, but always at Venky pace!!!!

• Like 7

Just now, @roverseas said:

Anyone tracking Rovers players instagrams?  Not much of a InstaFAN me so dont really use that platform.  Any pics/posts from training?

Very quiet (not that I think it means anything, unfortunately). Harvey Elliott has been signed up by New Balance Football so he's been modelling their clothes.

Oh and Barry Douglas says 'every day is a new day to learn'. Inspiring stuff. That's about it!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

He also initially thought that both Waggott and Mowbray were going in the summer but that they are now bringing that forward. I've known this guy for over 40 years and he's not normally one to spread gossip or make things up, so I definitely think that something is happening, but always at Venky pace!!!!

With a normal club I'd be okay with this as I'd assume they were taking their time in order to source an immediate, high quality replacement.

In this case however, I just assume that when/if they do sack him it will be a decision that no-one else at the club knows about and we'll end up with Paul Jewell in charge

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

You mean yesterday he was of that opinion, as a result of the silence?

28 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Must be some form of negotiations going on agreeing severance package for the Coventrio and Benson and Lowe hopefully.

• Like 1

There will be no shortage of players on their way out this summer, some of which I'd like to keep.

Going to be a tough one when Mowbray's management forces these players out. Mowbray then survives and gets to fill the squad up with more dross.

This is what Kean did. Survived whilst all around him went. 

The stuff of nightmares.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, oldjamfan1 said:

No, he had already been told that they were going in the summer (sometime around the Norwich game). 

Ah ok. Thanks.

Time will tell. Here's hoping both are given the boot very soon and the whole Brockhall plan goes out the door along with them. If the latter happened it really would go to show how conniving they have been - not that the LT comments brigade will bat an eyelid.

• Like 3