BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

3 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Anyone else had a call from the club today?

Just picked up a voicemail from "Les" asking if I'd be back next season & to call him back if I'd any concerns.

That's going to be an interesting discussion when I call him back!

Post the number so we can all call him, please.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, JHRover said:

There will be no shortage of players on their way out this summer, some of which I'd like to keep.

Going to be a tough one when Mowbray's management forces these players out. Mowbray then survives and gets to fill the squad up with more dross.

This is what Kean did. Survived whilst all around him went. 

The stuff of nightmares.

Kean got rid of the strong characters who others brought to Ewood.

Mowbray will be getting rid of his own or those he claims development rights on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Must be some form of negotiations going on agreeing severance package for the Coventrio and Benson and Lowe hopefully.

Very wishful thinking. Probably end up with bumper new deals for the lot of them.

Our owners do my fecking head in. He would be out on his ear at any other club.

27 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I really don't understand your obsession with appointing a Director of Football Chaddy.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. A recipe for disaster with said Director at complete loggerheads with the manager.

Let's appoint the best manager we can and leave him in full charge of all footballing matters. Let's appoint the best Coach of his choice we can to assist him and Let's appoint the best CEO we can, (most definitely NOT the choice of the manager) to run the Club behind the scenes.

That goes against ALL Venky logic, it's almost like it suits them or someone for us to sit in this division wasting company millions.

Had they remotely tried that at any point in the last decade we'd have at least have had a flirt with promotion. 

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

01254 372001 is the number that called me.

That was the same number that called me last week. Told the young lady that I would not be renewing my ST if Mowbray was still in charge next season. If he isn't potted this week, I honestly cannot see us gaining another point and relegation looms.

• Like 2

ben benson is a symbol of our pathetic regime imo,here`s a coach who`s never played football at any level,coaching high level professionals with the the aid of a textbook coaching badge,he`d be removed from his position immediately by a manager who knew and cared,very much a symbol of our current regime,settling for second and third best in all departments of the club

• Like 4

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

..... he left the number 01254 508215 which I assume must be his particular DDI.

😯😯

I'd strongly recommend Les pulls a sickie tomorrow. 

His ear's going to be red raw by end of the day. 😀

But on a serious note, would this all  not get fed back to the top? If the office staff ring about 100 a day for renewals and half of them all say how angry they are with TM and the state of the club, surely at some point they have to realise this is seriously damaging their customer base. 

That's how a normal business would operate.......... I think I see where I'm going wrong. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

ben benson is a symbol of our pathetic regime imo,here`s a coach who`s never played football at any level,coaching high level professionals with the the aid of a textbook coaching badge,he`d be removed from his position immediately by a manager who knew and cared,very much a symbol of our current regime,settling for second and third best in all departments of the club

Correct ,i have also had my issues with Benson, i believe he used to teach the kids and for some unknown(known) reason he is were he is today...I believe he was good with the youngsters though .......Going to add that for the first time that i have been a season ticket holder (pay on the day back in the Eighties ) but almost 45 years of following Rovers and i will not be bying a season ticket if TM is in charge next season ..

Edited by den9112
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, funny-old-game said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-56664180

Where are Britain's loneliest places in lockdown?

1 Blackburn

2 Middlesbrough

What an ironic coincidence

All the more reason to need a team with a bit of fight and hope about it.

Sadly it reflects its manager, comfortable in a dire situation.

42 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

It's a fallacy to believe that someone has to have played at a high level to be a good coach.

Not sure why you have something against Benson. He is the goalkeeping coach - the one area of the team where there has been visible improvement this season. It is a pity that the other coaches like Lowe and Johnson have not had the same impact.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

It's a fallacy to believe that someone has to have played at a high level to be a good coach.

Not sure why you have something against Benson. He is the goalkeeping coach - the one area of the team where there has been visible improvement this season. It is a pity that the other coaches like Lowe and Johnson have not had the same impact.

That's because Kaminsky has probably forgotten more than Benson will ever know.

Quality keepers just need putting through their paces day in day out, thankfully the recruitment dept found us one.

Perhaps Benson will learn something from him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I disagree. What the books say isn't necessarily what works in real life situations which he would only know if he'd played the game at any reasonable level.

I see it regularly at work, give me a lad in the design office that's got a bit of site experience over one that's just come through the academic route any day. What works on paper doesn't always work on site or will end up costing a shitload more.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

That's because Kaminsky has probably forgotten more than Benson will ever know.

Quality keepers just need putting through their paces day in day out, thankfully the recruitment dept found us one.

Perhaps Benson will learn something from him.

The problem with your sort of argument is that Benson can never win - if the player he coaches does well then apparently it is all down to the player. Noboby is going to tell me you would use the same argument if Benson was a popular former player like "good old Johnno".

1 minute ago, windymiller7 said:

I disagree. What the books say isn't necessarily what works in real life situations which he would only know if he'd played the game at any reasonable level.

I see it regularly at work, give me a lad in the design office that's got a bit of site experience over one that's just come through the academic route any day. What works on paper doesn't always work on site or will end up costing a shitload more.

There are numerous examples of fabulous football coaches that debunk this, in fairness.

Mourinho, Wenger, etc etc

• Like 4