BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

• Backroom
1 minute ago, gumboots said:

I must be going insane. I keep logging in to see if he's gone yet, in the same way that you sit watching a match on TV when you're desperate for the toilet because you just know, if you leave the room, they'll score. But it's not happening is it. After every defeat you feel it must but it doesn't. Then you think, maybe its a bit late tonight so probably tomorrow.  Just go, Mowbray. I want my life back. I want to dare not to check in here every 5 mins. I want to speculate about other things. I want our club out of your clutches. 

Problem is we are way past the point where most managers would be relieved of their duties due to poor results, therefore after every draw or defeat there's an expectation that he surely must be sacked now. It's a sharp reminder that the club still very much exists in the Venkyverse where nothing makes sense and decisions seem to be made largely at random. 

For all we know the decision has indeed been made to pot TM, but it won't be enacted until September. The club is still horrifically dysfunctional and that is being laid bare more than ever as Mowbray continues to drag us down with seemingly no repercussions. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gumboots said:

I must be going insane. I keep logging in to see if he's gone yet, in the same way that you sit watching a match on TV when you're desperate for the toilet because you just know, if you leave the room, they'll score. But it's not happening is it. After every defeat you feel it must but it doesn't. Then you think, maybe its a bit late tonight so probably tomorrow.  Just go, Mowbray. I want my life back. I want to dare not to check in here every 5 mins. I want to speculate about other things. I want our club out of your clutches. 

Please nip out to the bog, Gumboots - you know it will be the difference that makes THE difference 😉

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DE. said:

Problem is we are way past the point where most managers would be relieved of their duties due to poor results, therefore after every draw or defeat there's an expectation that he surely must be sacked now. It's a sharp reminder that the club still very much exists in the Venkyverse where nothing makes sense and decisions seem to be made largely at random. 

For all we know the decision has indeed been made to pot TM, but it won't be enacted until September. The club is still horrifically dysfunctional and that is being laid bare more than ever as Mowbray continues to drag us down with seemingly no repercussions. 

When the team is performing, we get away with it as the manager can just crack on with little interference. 

However, it is times like now when we are reminded what a hollowed out shell we are. Football is cyclical and the advancement of a football club is dependent on switched on executives and owners spotting staleness and decline, having an ear for fan (and player) unrest and nipping it in the bud.

Here, we have powerless execs on the ground, an all powerful manager that is also the spokesman for the club, some shadowy go-between and owners that take little to no interest outside an annual meeting in which they fall for whatever claptrap is fed to them.

We will never, ever get back on an even keel as a club until the whole culture of the place is transformed - alas, a decade on I doubt it ever will and we will all pay the price.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Pressers on a Thurs before or after training normally ?

Don't know what they are bothered about anyway all the questions he'll get will be loaded for the usual easy stock replies.

Should be interesting as I suspect neither Sharpe nor Bayes expected Mowbray still to be in situ..

Think it will be a tad prickly given Bayes' pre match comments on Monday and Sharpe's subsequent articles.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Should be interesting as I suspect neither Sharpe nor Bayes expected Mowbray still to be in situ..

Think it will be a tad prickly given Bayes' pre match comments on Monday and Sharpe's subsequent articles.

So why is he still there Mercer given your info?

• Like 2

• Backroom

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/tony-mowbray-sends-defiant-message-to-blackburns-fans-after-frustrations-come-to-the-fore-in-barnsley-win/amp/

Hard to believe this was a year and a half ago. 

"The Rovers boss also reiterated his claims from last week that he will walk from the club if he feels it is the right thing to do"

Lol, yeah, sure. Still not the right thing to do now, apparently. I wonder how bad it has to be before Tony decides it's "the right thing to do"?

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The first question should be "Tony, are you surprised you're still in a job?" 

Would love to hear his answer 

"Listen, I don't think about that. I'm here to get the team performing well. Which they are doing. In fact I have no idea what the fans problem is? I mean have you seen how much possession we have had? Armstrong is third top scorer. Remember when we demolished Wycombe and Coventry? We aren't far off it. The journey goes on and as the band journey sang "don't stop believin" Covid, Dack, Injuries. Anyone got any cake?"  

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It really is the LT journalists time to shine. 

They have nothing to lose here by going for it and really pushing him 

Think the LT , Lancs Live and BBC Lancs forget who there listeners and readership is? 

If they stop posting good hard hitting articles surely ad revenue hits rock bottom?

54 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So why is he still there Mercer given your info?

Why is it raining today when the weather forecast yesterday said it would be fine!? 

Seriously though, I posted an update yesterday and then decided to hide it after a few minutes - some on here might have seen it before I hid it.  Decided to hide it because I didn't want to set the hares running again. 

All I will say is that my understanding now is it's got a bit more bigger and complicated.  I still think there is a fair chance Mowbray will not be in charge on Saturday. 

Will be interested in where @oldjamfan1 thinks we now are.

If I've been sold a dud and none of this happens, as posted previously, I will retire to my wines from this MB. 

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Why is it raining today when the weather forecast yesterday said it would be fine!? 

Seriously though, I posted an update yesterday and then decided to hide it after a few minutes - some on here might have seen it before I hid it.  Decided to hide it because I didn't want to set the hares running again. 

All I will say is that my understanding now is it's got a bit more bigger and complicated.  I still think there is a fair chance Mowbray will not be in charge on Saturday. 

If I've been sold a dud and none of this happens, as posted previously, I will retire to my wines from this MB. 

I think that's unnecessary, but it was a deadline of today you gave, wasn't it? 

Can you elaborate on what you mean by saying "its gotten bigger and more complicated?" 

12 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I don't know any more than I have already posted to be honest. I will be very surprised if he is in charge on Saturday but I probably shouldn't be.