BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

After 18 consecutive seasons as a season ticket holder, I will not be renewing, things have to change and I know I won’t be the only one. It’s all very sad and until he’s gone there’s no light at all. We’d be extremely lucky if we have 5000 in the ground next season.. wouldn’t be surprised if one or two teams end up with more fans in our own ground than us. Embarrassing from top to bottom. He has to go or I for one will not give a penny more.

Edited by Blue&WhiteArmy
  • Like 5

I think Mowbray is taking the p1ss now and, IMO, knows his comments will be inflammatory with some - would he do this if he knew he had a future here? 

IMO, Mowbray has descended into Kean and Coyle territory. 

Humble, honest, a man of integrity?  Not in my book. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

“If you were in their position you’d be doing the same, or may be you wouldn’t. Maybe you’d be a results orientated owner who, ‘lose three on the bounce, sack him and get the next one in’ but then you might have four, five, six managers a season if that was the case"

He actually makes me feel physically ill. 

This quote stood out for me too.  Obviously written word doesn't offer much insight in to the delivery of a statement, but it feels like another contemptuous, scornful, belittling, snide, barbed comment towards any journalist daring to bring to his attention the glaringly obvious failure of his role.

Facetious insinuations that that there are only two polar opposite methods of running a football club (blindly support the current 'now' failure OR rifle through six managers a season) are not only insane, but also downright disrespectful to anyone daring to question his position. 

Wonder if they all stayed quiet at that point or pointed out that this was indeed the worst run of results in 43 years.... not "losing three on the bounce".

Edited by Jimmy612
  • Like 8

We've suffered two relegations already because of the owner's inability to do anything. It's appalling we haven't had a senior statement addressing this issues at the club given the seemingly near 100% discontented fan base.

If they have a reason to keep him, please let us know what it is.

• Like 1

Because our owners dont give a flying fuck about the club, as has been proven right throughout their time owning us.

He isnt as bad as Coyle or indeed Kean either. We are going backwards, he has long since overstayed his welcome, but he isnt as bad as those 2 and will have to do a lot to get to that stage.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I think Mowbray is taking the p1ss now and, IMO, knows his comments will be inflammatory with some - would he do this if he knew he had a future here? 

At least he should be gone by the weekend.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

What was it you had heard Mercer! 

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Because our owners dont give a flying fuck about the club, as has been proven right throughout their time owning us.

He isnt as bad as Coyle or indeed Kean either. We are going backwards, he has long since overstayed his welcome, but he isnt as bad as those 2 and will have to do a lot to get to that stage.

He wasn't as bad as Coyle. Isn't though? I'm not sure (see above post for some thoughts)...

• Like 1

“If you were in their position you’d be doing the same, or may be you wouldn’t. Maybe you’d be a results orientated owner who, ‘lose three on the bounce, sack him and get the next one in’ but then you might have four, five, six managers a season if that was the case"

This is getting ridiculous now. 1 win in 14. No other owners in the country wouldn't have sacked him by now. 

Annoying, irritating man 

2 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

We've suffered two relegations already because of the owner's inability to do anything. It's appalling we haven't had a senior statement addressing this issues at the club given the seemingly near 100% discontented fan base.

If they have a reason to keep him, please let us know what it is.

Leadership and clarity is needed from our owners and senior executive management. 

Publicly, they should back him or alternatively sack him. 

To say or do nothing are not options. 

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

This is getting ridiculous now. 1 win in 14. No other owners in the country wouldn't have sacked him by now. 

Annoying, irritating man 

A manager and owner that aren’t ‘results orientated’.

Certainly a unique way to run a professional football club...

• Like 4

Expecting me to believe that the owners watch every one of our games and understand what is happening is almost as ridiculous as expecting me to believe that the training ground scheme is being done for the right reasons

Both are lies and BS.

• Like 5