• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m sorry Paul, but it really has bewildered me that running Blackburn Rovers sensibly has been made to look as arduous as sewing in sparring mitts, but that is how it has been presented throughout th

I certainly don't claim to be 'ITK' at all but shortly after the final whistle yesterday I received a text from someone extremely close to the club - not the playing or coaching side - who doesn't nor

The trouble is, this is a well-trodden route in the Copybook of Tony Mowbray. A week back, prior to Cardiff and following the utterly woeful and woebegone showings against Wigan and Barnsley, we neede

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Why is it raining today when the weather forecast yesterday said it would be fine!? 

Seriously though, I posted an update yesterday and then decided to hide it after a few minutes - some on here might have seen it before I hid it.  Decided to hide it because I didn't want to set the hares running again. 

All I will say is that my understanding now is it's got a bit more bigger and complicated.  I still think there is a fair chance Mowbray will not be in charge on Saturday. 

Will be interested in where @oldjamfan1 thinks we now are.

If I've been sold a dud and none of this happens, as posted previously, I will retire to my wines from this MB. 

No need to retire your strike rate is no worse than a few who claim a bit of ITK on here.

And besides Nixon makes a living off edging his bets.

6 minutes ago, mustard said:

Don't go Mercer, your information, predictions, betting suggestions and the general uproar they tend to cause are part of the reason I keep coming back here.

Agreed.  I am sure the workings are going on in the background, and if your wrong no biggie.  To be honest I think he will be here to the end of the season but I hope I am wrong.  We need to keep communities like this alive, I love coming here to read other folks opinions.  I might not agree with them, but I like knowing what others are feeling.  We win together, we suffer together!  We could even go down together... cheeky!?!?!?!

49 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Why is it raining today when the weather forecast yesterday said it would be fine!? 

Seriously though, I posted an update yesterday and then decided to hide it after a few minutes - some on here might have seen it before I hid it.  Decided to hide it because I didn't want to set the hares running again. 

All I will say is that my understanding now is it's got a bit more bigger and complicated.  I still think there is a fair chance Mowbray will not be in charge on Saturday. 

Will be interested in where @oldjamfan1 thinks we now are.

If I've been sold a dud and none of this happens, as posted previously, I will retire to my wines from this MB. 

Don't hide the post, please could you repost it? 

Really interested who cares what the haters say! 

“They watch the games, we all get disappointed when the final result is a defeat, but they watch the games and if they can see some light, where the team is trying to go, see the journey this team is on then they have to make a call. That’s all.

He actually said that, the fucking journey talk again.

Nope, not having it, he's deliberately winding us up now or daring them to give him the boot.

"If you were in their position you’d be doing the same, or may be you wouldn’t. Maybe you’d be a results orientated owner who, ‘lose three on the bounce, sack him and get the next one in’ but then you might have four, five, six managers a season if that was the case."

It was 5 on the bounce and now 1 win in 14, Tony...

He's fucking deluded as fuck

I might need to stop checking this thread for my own sanity.

It genuinely feels like the club are deliberately trying to wind the fans up now. I was speaking to a Chelsea supporting mate earlier, who was aghast that we'd let a manager get to the stage of 1 win in 15 - they'd be on their third manager if they had a run like that!

The whole thing just underlines how far this club has fallen. He should have been marched out months ago, perhaps with a little goodwill and a few fond memories for the fans. As it is now, it's starting to feel very parasitic - he's slowly creeping towards the bald dickhead in my eyes (not sure he'll ever surpass him mind...).

Took one look at his comments, saw 'journey' and 'results orientated owner' (that's a new one)....can't stomach any more. 

I can't believe this is still going on and being dragged out like this. Well I definitely can given the previous ten years, but still....

Its one step short of the Kean era. 

Manager not up to the job yet knows the owners can't or won't sack him

I'm just getting wound up with it now but this is the cycle we get. 3-4 days of silence, let the dust settle then on to the next one. 

If by some miracle we get a result he'll be dining for another few weeks.

3 Coventry stooges out.

Just now, mustard said:

“If you were in their position you’d be doing the same, or may be you wouldn’t. Maybe you’d be a results orientated owner who, ‘lose three on the bounce, sack him and get the next one in’ but then you might have four, five, six managers a season if that was the case"

He actually makes me feel physically ill. 

6 hours ago, RoverDom said:

I was thinking about the numbness that TM has created at the club. I'm no longer excited when we win because I know its meaningless and that we won't build on it and push on. I'm actually left wondering what TM would have to do to get some feeling back in the club. 

If he stays in the summer and by some miracle we win the first 10 games with solid performances, wouldn't we all just be waiting for another 1 in 15 run of form? I had some hope at the start of this season and that was crushed. I really struggle to see what TM can do to win the fans back now. 

Great perspective.

For me, it's dead simple. I'm just bored of him. He's been here for over four years and hasn't pulled up any trees, particularly in the last 2-3 years. That's a long time for mediocrity to say we're supposed to be aiming for the top tier.

For all the talk of him being passionate about football, you certainly wouldn't think so from his interviews, especially in the last season or two. He sounds drained and fed up. Venkys won't have clocked onto that, though.