BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Have watched the whole thing now.

He says the owners and Waggott "can see the level".

What does that mean? Does he actually think we're playing well but not quite getting the results?

Truly insane ramblings.

Your guess is as good as mine.  Does he actually believe we've been playing well last 14 games?? (Or even before then).  It's absolutely baffling.  Either way, it stinks.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

If I was a sensitive soul I would find some of this more than a little condescending (which means patronising if you don't know what it means 😆)

Wasn't mean to be but on re-reading I can see what you mean. Apologies.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mustard said:

Your guess is as good as mine.  Does he actually believe we've been playing well last 14 games?? (Or even before then).  It's absolutely baffling.  Either way, it stinks.

i think he` just taking the p**s out of us now,he`s lost the dressing room and the fans and now he`s just waiting for his pay off,you can tell by his mannerisms on the bench,sat down for 60 minutes followed by a few feeble finger points and then a lame excuse for another defeat

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Have watched the whole thing now.

He says the owners and Waggott "can see the level".

What does that mean? Does he actually think we're playing well but not quite getting the results?

Truly insane ramblings.

Yes he does. He has said he is happy with the level of performance.

This guy kept a straight face and said we should have beaten Norwich ignoring that Norwich and for that matter Bournemouth were off the boil when they played us.

Level and Journey are words that he has latched on to in the current brainwashing.

The Journey - no one knows or remembers when it started, where its going or who is on it.

I have called him a fool or worse, he's not, he is a con-man and basically self-serving.

• Like 2

Another thing that pisses me off about TM is that his scapegoats are all promising youngsters: Raya, Nayambe and now Travis. 

Blimey if we have to have a scapegoat there's a fair few more deserving - Ayala, Douglas, Bell, Gally, Bereton, Johnson, Evans to name a few this season. There's quite a few I'd like to see frozen out. But oh no, it's always the good ones. 

• Like 7

Is Travis being scapegoated or lied about? Mowbray said that he wasnt fit enough and that he was a yard off the pace, which he has been since he returned in January where in the main he has been poor.

Thats not a defence of him overall, but ultimately what we have seen on the pitch has become so dire that we are analysing every word that comes out of his mouth, so in a way he has brought it on himself.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

I'll say this. He's a sneaky bugger linking anyone wanting him gone with a hire and fire short term approach. Total bull but a very clever link to make. A deceptive and cunning turd is our Tony. 

He's a very very crafty operator when it comes to the verbals he's been at it years. Trouble is with guys like that when people finally see through them they can't see it themselves.

He's been making a fool of himself for a while now in all but the most blinkered eyes.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Is Travis being scapegoated or lied about? Mowbray said that he wasnt fit enough and that he was a yard off the pace, which he has been since he returned in January where in the main he has been poor.

Thats not a defence of him overall, but ultimately what we have seen on the pitch has become so dire that we are analysing every word that comes out of his mouth, so in a way he has brought it on himself.

Is it the right thing to do to dig him out in public? Something he seems to do with young players (except Brereton). Instead of taking on board his pearls of wisdom, they refuse to sign new contracts and then leave!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Is it the right thing to do to dig him out in public? Something he seems to do with young players (except Brereton). Instead of taking on board his pearls of wisdom, they refuse to sign new contracts and then leave!

He seems to have been asked as to the absence of Travis so has just answered. Its not very critical because hes just come back from a big injury. Nyambe and Raya moreso were criticised at times a little too much.

Comparisons on who is worse between Mowbray and Coyle....

Well I am a results based supporter not a performance based supporter.

I don't really care who gives the most annoying performance at the presser Coyle or Mowbray. (A very hard one to call btw). Performance is subjective.

I only care about winning football matches. Winning gets points. Points get promotion or play offs,  excitement, pride, fans at Ewood, money in pockets of local businesses, corporate sponsorship, growth to the local economy, etc, etc. aka Upward Spiral

Mowbray 7 points. 1 win. 4 draws.

Coyle 13 points. 3 wins. 4 draws.

Results based calculator proves Mowbray is worse. Almost 2 times worse.

Performance based calculator, checked by VAR is still a draw. Both wankers.

Coyle had 16 points in his last 15 games so Mowbray has a chance to be over twice as bad. What a claim to fame that is.

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, Gamst said:

I think performances are worse than results. We only don't lose heavily because we spend 80 mins aimlessly passing it about without any penetration whatsoever. 

everyone in the division knows it as well,all you have to is sit a bit deeper and wait for the inevitable space between midfield and defence to appear,bingo it`s an easy victory

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Boroblue said:

I’ve come to read Mowbray press releases with a view of who it’s designed to speak to. It not for us it’s for Venkys. Does he speak regularly to them about games. Don’t make me laugh. He is telling them what he’s trying to achieve at that everyone can see how good the performance are. It’s not them telling him they agree. Then he does the good owners stick with managers. Have they said that. No way.

He is appealing to them again for more time that’s my opinion don’t judge on results but performance that’s what good owners do.

Desperate rather than devious and in limbo no reassurances just silence. Even Waggot doesn’t know what’s going on because by any standard he should be gone.

The big question is why. He’s losing matches the fans and the players. I still believe Oldham and Mercer the clocks ticking.

Ps mercer don’t quit there’s not enough of us anyway without losing loyal ones. I for one appreciate your opinions.

Mowbray admitted a few weeks ago he doesn't speak direct to the owners but just to Pasha

Is this a sign he has lost the owners trust? 

He is under huge pressure IMO. His comments for weeks have back this point up in my opinion

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

Has Mowbray ever really been in regular touch with the owners though ?

Of has it been just another lip service line he's thrown out occasionally to pacify fans.

Part of the reason for getting Waggot on board was so the lines of communication where supposed to improve through him. Leaving Mowbray to get on with his job. To be honest i doubt any of them ever speak to the real organ grinders unless they themselves ring from India.

Also the messenger/spy or whatever he is has allegedly been away due to covid. Wonder if that's had any bearing on the mess of this season ?

Easy street must've been that bit easier without any eyes and ears around the place. 

8 hours ago, roverandout said:

I disagree.  Im starting to hate this guy more than kean

No,that can't be right. The argument is about whether he's Hated Man No 2 or 3 after Coyle.

No-one can ever eclipse Kean as eternal hate figure. Time is warping your judgement!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

No matter how they start out, every player deteriorates under Mowbray. Even Harvey Elliott FFS!

• Like 1

• Backroom
4 hours ago, Gamst said:

I think performances are worse than results. We only don't lose heavily because we spend 80 mins aimlessly passing it about without any penetration whatsoever. 

Championship game on Sky the other day commentator said:

"The Swansea management team say they aren't interested in possession stats, only how many times the attack breaks the lines and gets in behind. That's the only numbers they care about"

It caused me to weep a little. 

• Like 9

7 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

He sounds like that character with the flute out of Little Britain "Maybe I will maybe I won't etc". 

Unfortunately Also for his warped logic if managers were only sacked after a run like his, the season would have to be eighty four games long to get through six managers.

He's plainly taking the piss now with his pressers. Either he's absolutely begging to be sacked or he knows he's bulletproof and going nowhere and is deliberately winding people up to show them how secure he is.

The character also spoke utter dross that meant nothing and had an affinity to lemon drizzle cake. Mowbray in disguise...

It's a strange situation. I get the feeling that Mowbray has probably had enough and wouldn't mind getting the sack. His body language, pitchside behaviour, interviews and general attitude suggests this to me. However, there is probably some substance in the theory that he won't 'walk' because he wants to protect his mates Venus and Waggott who may struggle to keep their jobs if he goes.

Maybe the owners are leaving any decision making to Waggott so it's a stalemate. Waggott is not a football man in any way ( I've met him a few times ) - he is here to take care of the business side of things. I can't imagine that he would have the first idea what to do if Mowbray went and he was left to appoint a new manager.

It could be that the owners have lapped up the brockhall scheme and want to see it through. Just think - Make a few million from the land sale, reduce costs in the future and have a better training set up than we have now! what's not to like ? A few restless natives are a minor consideration. So they want Waggott to stay in place until it's well under way and that means Mowbray stays too - whether he wants to or not.

Mowbray and Waggott are getting the brunt of the ire but they are just a symptom of the owners' ignorance and lack of interest. As always, I will continue to encourage people to boycott (when you have the opportunity). We need to let the owners know how we feel. Turning up at Ewood out of habit just encourages them.

I know, some people will say we will end up like Bolton if Venky's leave. I'd take that swap right now. Bolton will be back in the Championship within 2 or 3 years with engaged owners, a clean slate, no debt and an excited, rejuvinated fan base. Where will we be ?

• Like 6